Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did you choose this site for support?

I was just curious what made everyone choose this sight for their means of information and support? I know there are several other forums/sites out there, so what was it about this site that you liked?

I'm pre-op and just waiting for my psych eval to be sent to my surgeon's office. Long story, but I had actually completed all of my requirements on July 1, however, the therapist that wrote my psych clearance letter truly half-assed it and only wrote two or three sentences. I should have checked it, but since she is a professional I assumed she knew what she was doing. So, my insurance tentatively approved me but required me to get a psych test from a psychologist. Grr. It was four hours of questions, tests, an IQ eval, and a 360+ true/false test (an abbreviated MMPI), not to mention all the paperwork, tests, and depression scales I had to complete BEFORE my appointment. I mean, I get why they (insurance and surgeon) want to evaluate your mental health because of the risk of cross-addiction/transfer addiction, depression, difficulty adjusting to a changing body, etc. and, in general, I think it is a valuable assessment, but I just felt like the whole thing was overkill. Hopefully I'll hear the magic words "Why yes you're approved,we'd love to pay for your surgery!," next week. Ok, enough of my rant!

So, why did you choose this particular site?

I chose this to be honest as this was the first one that I found . I have enjoyed the multi forums on here and everyone is so supportive and full of so much knowledge ...it's also nice to know there is one place I can go to that covers any topics that I may have questions for . Good luck with your approval

I stumbled upon it in my research about rny before I made my decision to do the surgery. I liked it and stayed. I haven't even tried any other sites.

Im preop waiting on my second consult i actually found this on the app store browsing rny for information never tought there was a forum like this i found it really educational cause its the real deal real ppl going through it sharing their stories and just for support im glad i found it cause i can take all of you with me whatever place i go i have you all as support even when the big day comes ill be god first! Posting my status as soon as i can text again lol love it here! :)

When I was researching rny before surgery, I loked in my phone's play store for any apps about rny and this came up. I started reading and loved everyones stories so I stayed! I also really like the format it is in.

I am nervous about my surgery. I only have 2 nutrition consults and then they will schedule the surgery. I want this really bad i am just so scared : /

I googled RNY forums, and this one and ThinnerTimes came up, ThinnerTimes wasn't as beneficial to me as this one has been. I like the format of these forums, and the fact that there is an app.

I was researching WLS at the time and since I am on other support forums (not related to weight loss), I knew real information and education would come from a WLS forum where people share their personal experiences. I also like to learn from others who have been through it for some time now. At the moment, I am both on here and TT. I love both forums equally --- each has something to offer, from amazing people and stories to vast amounts of information.

I stumbled upon it in my research about rny before I made my decision to do the surgery. I liked it and stayed. I haven't even tried any other sites.

I was glad I was already a member of this site when I went to my psych evaluation and was told joining an online support group was strongly encouraged. I could say I already have! :-)