Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry, new at this

I guess I should introduce myself first before laying my problems out there (see banded last night). I had my band done on 23 Aug 04 by Dr Grossbard in Zephyrhills Fl. I just got out of the hospital today and am in such pain that I got on the net to find some info and found this forum. I've been searching around and have found nothing like my pain. I think my neck hurts because of the position I was in when they intubated me. But why my arms and legs? Could I have tensed up for the entire surgery? It took them 90 minutes to complete because I had so many adhesions from a previous surgery. Also, in the previous post, I meant to click on the sad face, not the angry one. It looks like a good site for support!

Wow, Shireen, I can't believe you're already able to sit and use the computer! We don't know how much they "man-handle" us on the operating table and I don't think that we want to. Believe it or not, walking and moving around as much as yo can will help you get over that soreness, help eliminate the anesthia, and help you feel better faster. Best of luck to you!:)

Thanks for the info leatha_g. I do know that my legs where strapped in on the table and the way the table was there is no way the doc could have stood between my legs. But they feel like they've been moved. So I don't know. I can barely walk on my right calf today. I used a heating pad on my shoulders and neck last night, they feel a little better. I do know my breasts were taped up and out of the way. I can't get the adhesive off!

I feel much better today than yesterday. My biggest problem now is I'm hungry!

Shireen

I am glad you are feeling better, but you need to be wary of calf pain (esp one sided). This can be a sign of a DVT. A potentially serious complication. I think I would give my surgeon a call to let him know about the calf pain. He might want to see you to evaluate it.

Also, you would be surprised at the position for surgery even though the table appears "solid" the bottom half may have dropped and stirrups/leg boards are underneath.

Hope all goes well for you.

Lisa

Shireen, I hope you get to feeling better very, very soon! Have you tried any type of oil to remove the tape residue? Baby oil, thick cold cream, olive oil, etc. Best of luck!

After my lapband repair. I came out of the recovery with a black eye. lol. No one has owned up to that, but I've seen both the doc and the nurses who were in the OR again since.

I think they treated me with a bit more caution today when I let them know about how I was when I came out then.

Also, when I got home then, I found that laying on the bed was rather hard for more than 2 hrs due to some sort of nerve distress in my right outer thigh. The doc speculated that the position my legs were put in AFTER being put to sleep may have left the leg in position that stressed that muscle or nerve. It did eventually go away, but I was quite bothered with it and worried by it immediately after.

I hope you're noticing some improvement by now!

Leatha

Thank you all! I'm feeling much better. No more muscle pain at all except for the abs, and thats much better too!