Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New in North TX

Hi, another texan here. I had my surgery the 16th. all went pretty well. I like you wlgbean, had alot of shoulder pain on my left shoulder blade, that was the worse. I feel 100% better now. Had my surgery done in Conroe by Dr Wilkenfeld. Looking forward to my first fill.

LOL Steph...I'm pretty sure you'll be at least 20 lbs lighter by then :(

I'm down 17.7 lbs since 2/1, when I started my pre-op diet.

Hi, I am nearing 40 and ready to finally not be obsessed with food due to constant hunger. My surgery is 3-26-07 and I am excited and nervous.

HAving it done by Dr Opie in Olathe, Kansas. He is so committed to his patients success, even attends the support groups to make sure he hears "the real truth" about what his patients are going through. Pretty good Doctor:)

This lap band process is my last chance to be successful in weight loss over the long term. Sure miss Phen-Fen but that weight came back ASAP:cry I now have over 100# to lose and want to be able to physically enjoy life again without being tired all of the time. Will keep updating as things progress. REally appreciate everyone being so open and honest in their experiences. It is helping me prepare for my changes!

wlgbean,

I am trying to decide on a doctor. What did your doctor charge and would you choose him again.

Hope you are feeling better.

Cheryl S.

Texun - I have to pay my deductible plus some office expenses (Total $495.00) All else is covered at 100%. I am so excited about Monday - I don't care if I have shoulder pain or anything else (except regurgitation), I just want my lapband surgery to be done. I have been working on this journey for more than a year now.

Hello to all you Northern Texuns. Woo Haa

Hi,

I so excited to have made the committment. I have my first apt on March 1st with Dr. Wade Barker in Dallas. I live north of Dallas in Prosper.

I have so many questions that I dont' know wherere to start. This forum is great and has answered a lot of my questions.

I feel like you all are a family and truly care about one another. WOW! what support.

For once, with all the diets and so forth that I have tried over the years my DH of 30 yers is on board with me. This is going to be greatness.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Melissa:)

Hi Melissa and welcome to LBT! I just wanted to wish you good luck on your appointment tomorrow. I was banded 1 month ago and am so glad that I did it. All the best to you. Gigi:)

Hi Melissa the best advice I can give is don't spend a bunch of money before the surgery getting stuff. I tried every Protein drink on the planet I think. All at great expense. After my actual surgery I could ONLY drink skim milk with CIB for about a week. It was the only thing that didn't make me queasy.

I know there is a post op surgery suggestion list floating around. But seriously the time passes so fast that you wonder why you spent all that money on that stuff.

The rest is fairly common sense stuff and things we all have done for a long time. Watch what you eat, exercise and get plenty of fluids.

Remember the band is a TOOL not a magic cure. I think it is easy to get swept up into the wanting of it and not realize that it is still hard work afterwards. I know I didn't realize how difficult it would still be. I don't know that anybody telling you will help I think it is one of those things that we all just have to experience.

Myra

Helen, how long did you do you pre-op diet? Was it just liquids?

Melissa

No, thank goodness!

Dr. B had me do a regular Breakfast and dinner, with a Protein shake for lunch and before bed. It wasn't too difficult to do, and I did lose 5 lbs.

I'm having a much tougher time right now because I'm STARVING! (bandster hell!)

Hi Melissa the best advice I can give is don't spend a bunch of money before the surgery getting stuff. I tried every Protein drink on the planet I think. All at great expense.

Myra

I have to agree with you Myra! I think I've tried 100 different Protein drinks (Myoplex is my favorite), and I now have a pantry filled with baby food fruits and Better Than Boullion (I thought it was far too strong).

On the other hand, who wants to go shopping right after surgery? :)

Right-o Helen have enough for a few days on hand.

I forgot this one thing.

IF I HAD TO DO IT ALL OVER I WOULD TAKE A PILLOW TO USE ON THE WAY HOME.

I mean I felt every bump in the road. So it would have been nice to have a pillow to splint my tummy with.

Also I would take the vehicle with the best shocks so you don't feel those bumps.

We took our pickup truck that bounces like a person on the moon. I thought I was gonna pass out before we got home. Of course my DH took the LONG way home to save driving through rush hour traffic.:angry

Myra