Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am pre surgery and since my first appointment July 5th I am down 17 pounds. I have to loose 34pounds before my surgeon will start my process. I know I shouldn't complain but I have been working so hard. Yes I have had some good days and some bad days. But I feel like I am at a plateau and I was just wondering how long with this plateau last? I don't want to give up or get discouraged. I need this surgery. I feel like its life or death with me. Does anyone have any advice for getting past this stall?

Hi!! Are you logging your food and exercise? I find that helps me. And start measuring and weighing your food if you aren't already. I know my portion sizes tend to get bigger but I swear it's the same lol.

I'm not weighing my food. I don't have a scale. I drink the Adkins shake for Breakfast and then two small meals. I also have two Snacks if needed. I got my plan from the dietitian I am seeing. She gave me ideas for meals. I've cut out all the breads and pastas. I stopped drinking pop a few years ago so that's not a problem. I really just think I lost so much so fast that I'm at a plateau. I lost17 pounds in 2weeks. Alot of that was Water weight. Hopefully I start to loose again in the next few days.

I'm not weighing my food. I don't have a scale. I drink the Adkins shake for breakfast and then two small meals. I also have two Snacks if needed. I got my plan from the dietitian I am seeing. She gave me ideas for meals. I've cut out all the breads and pastas. I stopped drinking pop a few years ago so that's not a problem. I really just think I lost so much so fast that I'm at a plateau. I lost17 pounds in 2weeks. Alot of that was Water weight. Hopefully I start to loose again in the next few days.

My fitness pal is my life saver. It's how I hold myself accountable. If u have it my user names is akmjustice there are several of us here and it's no helpful on there. You get to see what everyone else is trying and u are accountable. I work my diet around my body's needs.

I am definitely not and expert. But for me I have this theory. When I know I am doing everything right it's my body holding on and if I don't get discouraged by it and keep doing what I am doing, I will finally let go. LOL. My problem is that allot of times I lost that battle because I would get discouraged and give up. Keep doing what your doing it will happen.

I LOVE Myfitness pal too.

Your busy is that way. Even after WLS you will have a stall.

Think of the accomplishment that you have made. 17 lbs in 2 weeks! I couldn't lose 17 lbs in a month. It's probably your body trying to adjust to the new, slimmer you....

My fitness pal is my life saver. It's how I hold myself accountable. If u have it my user names is akmjustice there are several of us here and it's no helpful on there. You get to see what everyone else is trying and u are accountable. I work my diet around my body's needs.

Ok thanks I'm going to try to down load it!

Think of the accomplishment that you have made. 17 lbs in 2 weeks! I couldn't lose 17 lbs in a month. It's probably your body trying to adjust to the new' date=' slimmer you....[/sup']

Yeah you are right. I did loose the 17 pounds really fast. I think my body is just trying to get used to loosing. I haven't lost weight in so many years. It's probably thinking what the hell is going on? Lol

Yeah you are right. I did loose the 17 pounds really fast. I think my body is just trying to get used to loosing. I haven't lost weight in so many years. It's probably thinking what the hell is going on? Lol

Yup, something along the lines of 'go my God she's starving us to death!!!! Hold on to ever miserable ounce and shut down EVERYTHING!!!' I was sooo cold when I did liquids. I swear everything that wasn't essential for survival just came to a screeching halt inside my body, being patient is hard, but it will start back up again. And 17 is an awesome start!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

Yup, something along the lines of 'go my God she's starving us to death!!!! Hold on to ever miserable ounce and shut down EVERYTHING!!!' I was sooo cold when I did liquids. I swear everything that wasn't essential for survival just came to a screeching halt inside my body, being patient is hard, but it will start back up again. And 17 is an awesome start!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

Thanks!! And being patient is hard!! Hopefully I will see something in the next few days. Fingers crossed!!

Oh you will. I always remember a saying that says "If you would have stayed the same, you would be (how ever many pounds) heavier." I thought to myself that it makes sense! I also read that for every 8.5 lbs of weight is equivalent to a gallon of milk.

So when you are in the supermarket, try carrying two gallons around with you and after a while, you will get tired. That's what you lost. Good for you....

Oh you will. I always remember a saying that says "If you would have stayed the same' date=' you would be (how ever many pounds) heavier." I thought to myself that it makes sense! I also read that for every 8.5 lbs of weight is equivalent to a gallon of milk.

So when you are in the supermarket, try carrying two gallons around with you and after a while, you will get tired. That's what you lost. Good for you....[/quote']

I never thought of it that way. I've been working real hard to stay on track these last couple days hopefully it will start to pay off. It doesn't help that I weigh myself everyday either. Lol plus my home scale always says something different then the doctors scale. Usually the doctors is five pounds higher. Which also is discouraging. You think your down so many but when you get there it says your not. But believe me I'm fighting for this. It's time to be healthy for me and for my baby. She deserves so much more the want I can give her right now!! :)

You are giving her the best of everything that you could! You give her the same love and attention and everything that she needs whether you are 140 lbs or 1,400 lbs. You have made a decision to lose weight for yourself and to set an example that when something doesn't work well, we fix it!

Start looking at how far you have come, which is an accomplishment, rather than how much more you have to go through. Time is going to pass regardless and you are doing the very best that you can in this situation and will continue to do better and better.

You are giving her the best of everything that you could! You give her the same love and attention and everything that she needs whether you are 140 lbs or 1' date='400 lbs. You have made a decision to lose weight for yourself and to set an example that when something doesn't work well, we fix it![/sub']

Start looking at how far you have come, which is an accomplishment, rather than how much more you have to go through. Time is going to pass regardless and you are doing the very best that you can in this situation and will continue to do better and better.

That is so true!! I have come a long way. I weighed myself today on my own scale and I am back to losing! If the scale is right then I am down 29 pounds!! In one month!! All by myself!! I can't believe how far I have come. The struggles don't even seem as bad when you see results. It's when you are at a plateau is when it seems all your efforts are for nothing. I feel so much more confident today!! That's for the kind words and encouragement!! It's much appreciated!!:)