Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what do you eat for snacks?

I have one to two Snacks per day as needed (usually only when I snow ski and am hungrier)...

suggested by my nutritionist - low fat yogurt (for calcium) or skim/lowfat milk

I also have fresh fruit - one piece of anything I like

low fat mozarrello (sp?) cheese stick

3-4 thin slices of deli meat or 1-2 with small amount of cream cheese on them (like a wrap up)

10 or less nuts

1 stallone high Protein pudding with a few tablespoons of Dr. Sears high Protein Cereal

1/2 - 3/4 cup of cottage cheese

hard boiled egg - my favorite.

This is a great thread and a question I've been wanting to ask.

I eat fat-free yogurt (usually light n' fit) with a TBSP of Fiber one, Kashi Go lean, or Bear Naked sugar free Granola for crunch

1 pack of South Beach Diet whole wheat crackers and a TBSP of Red Pepper Hummus or 1/2 a pack of crackers and 2 TBSP of Hummus.

All Bran Crackers (garlic Herb) 9 with a low fat cheese stick

Low Fat cheese stick with a small apple peeled and cored.

My two favorites are no sugar added fruit cocktail and applesauce.

My nutritionist also puts down string cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 Protein Bar, yogurt or 1/2 celery stick w/out the strings and some Peanut Butter. Hope those suggestions help!

I'm a big grapefruit fan -- it's fairly low in calories and assuming you don't eat the white bits, it's easy on the band. Sometimes it's difficult for me to tell if I'm head hungry, hungry or thirsty, and this takes care of all three for me.

I saw a suggestion on this site for pepperoni "chips".. mmm when I get a fix for something crunchy and salty, I make them!

In case you didn't see it on here, take turkey pepperoni and microwave on a paper towel for a minute or so.. (get the sliced.. I use Hormel).. blot them with another paper towel and they crisp up.. great to "dip" in cottage cheese..

maybe not an everyday thing but it sure helps with the crunchy salty cravings I get during PMS!

~Donnamarie~

I do like the 100 calorie popcorn but have developed a real addiction to chedder cheese rice cakes. At 45 cal a piece they give me the salty and crunchy taste i crave and can have a couple with out feeling guilty. Other chips and crackers i try to stay away from- too easy to overdo as we all know chips were invented by the devil!

I'm trying to fine tune my eating. What are your healthy band-friendly Snacks?

My favorites are light or fat free cream cheese with smoked salmon and tomatoes all rolled up. Salmon has 8gm Protein cream chese has 2gm...10 gm of protien in a small snack! Someimes i put it on a bagel chip.

other favorites are hummus and raw carrots

cottage chese and fresh melon