Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to school?

Sign in to follow this  

So when does everyone go back to school?

I'm in Upstate New York, so we go back September 3rd with kids starting September 4th

I am in Toronto Ontario and we also go back on September 3rd. I will have to go into school the last 2 weeks of August to prep my room. I am a bit worried about how I will fit in my exercise once school starts.

What grades do you all teach? I teach kindergarten and in September we are going to full day programs, up to now I have had an AM and PM class.

I teach computers at my school Pre-k through 12 grades.

I'm also the WebMaster and newsletter editor and yearbook adviser. I've been going in a couple of days a month to work on some paperwork and updating stuff. My room is a mess... its a storage room right now because we have a capital building project going on.

I've been looking at ideas on the world according to eggface blog. I'm so not a planner when it comes to lunches.. so this is going to be a big deal for me this year.

I have been checking out eggface and Bariatric Foodie they both have great recipes. I also am not great at planning lunch but that will have to change ;-)

I like the Bento Box idea, may give that a try.

It will be the timing of stuff that will be difficult for me. September we go full day kindie and the kids will be eating in our classroom at 11:20-11:50 then going outside. I used to do work in my room till 11:50 then go to the staffroom for 20 minutes for lunch, but now with the kids in the room I won't be able to work so should eat first but 11:20 is soooo early!!! Not quite sure how I will do it yet, guess I will have to play it by ear!

So you are in charge of web stuff at your school. I will have to pick your brains. I have class website that someone set up for me and I edit and add stuff etc. but there are a few things I would like to change.....

Anyway we are off for a bike ride on this lovely summer morning, enjoy the last few weeks of holidays.

You think your lunch is early... oy! Mine is at 10:50 this year! How crazy is that?

OMG that's not lunch it's mid morning snack!!!!

that is when our 9-12th graders will be having lunch as well! I think teachers are going to have to allow for some snacking in the afternoon. I know I'll be snacking! I think I'll be starting my day off with a light meal so I can have my lunch at 10:50! then I can snack a few hours later if needed!

I've been working this week on getting 6 brand new laptop carts set up. I think we now have 9 carts! that's pretty exciting! However, I am dreading that my computer lab will now be laptops, I'd rather have desktops.