Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For vets..please comment

Lately I have been feeling down on about my weight loss even though I have lost alot I just want to know will I lose all my weight. I'm 5month post open now and lost 65lbs and still have 64more to go will I be able to lose this? I work out n eat right..please give me some insight. Thanks

Lately I have been feeling down on about my weight loss even though I have lost alot I just want to know will I lose all my weight. I'm 5month post open now and lost 65lbs and still have 64more to go will I be able to lose this? I work out n eat right..please give me some insight. Thanks

I am 5 months out also.... I have lost over 140 lbs total... 64lbs prior to surgery... And I exercise daily and eat right and mine is slowing down.... But I think the more you lose the harder you have to work to continue the loss.... I have 64lbs to my goal.... We will get there!

Im 9 months out lost 89 lbs. I have 11 more to go. Started at 225 now 136 size 6 almost a 4. So yes I will get there. I'm 5'4.

Im 9 months out lost 89 lbs. I have 11 more to go. Started at 225 now 136 size 6 almost a 4. So yes I will get there. I'm 5'4.

Absolutely! Don't b so hard on yourself. You didn't gain overnight and you will not loose overnight. Your using the tool correctly so trust it, trust yourself and Celebrate how far u have come don't worry about how far u have to go! :)

Thank u all I really needed to hear this. I'm trying not to be hard on myself but it can be so hard when I'm my own critic. Thanks ladies!

Congrats on your weight loss so far. I am 13 months post op and have lost 117 so far. I have hit my personal goal weight.

I found with this surgery all my dreams are now possible. I weigh a normal persons weight and can do ANYTHING I choose. The only thing holding me back now is myself, and sometimes I get in my way.

However I will also take this time to say to you try not to focus on the number. I think sometimes we as rny patients get so involved in how much have I lost. It is understandable that is what everyone wants to know right. I did this to get healthy and take my life back. The number is nice, but I felt better about myself when I made a list of goals and when I hit one I cross it off my list and think of a new one. For example I wanted to play a full game of soccer without feeling exhausted afterwards. Well I hit that one and now I want to run a marathon. I never in a million years would think that I would want to run a marathon, but with this surgery all things are possible.

So be proud of where you have come from and your future!!

I so totally agree with everything music said! I know this isn't easy to do but forget about your "goal weight" and focus instead on the great job you've done so far and all of the even greater things that will be possible in the future.

Focus on following the protocol as closely as you possibly can (which you clearly have been doing) and let your body find its own way in its own time. I decided some time before I had my surgery that I would not set a goal weight. I focused on following the protocol confident that my body would tell me when it was where it wanted to be. And I can tell you with absolute confidence that is exactly what happened.

When your weight stabilizes, that is your number. In my case, it was 155 lbs 13 months post-op. I'm just over 21 months post-op today and my weight this morning was 154. When you let your body make the decisions, not only is your weight loss journey MUCH easier and less stressful, but maintaining your weight when the time comes is so much easier because you're not fighting your body. You're gonna love the new you!!

I agree!! Rather than having my goal weight tattooed on me, I plan on tattooing my start weight... that way, it's ALWAYS about how far I've come rather than where I am...or where I have to go...

You have lots of losing time if you are following your program well. I know some people who stoppe their loss at 6 months out as that's when they stopped following the rules. Keep the junk out and you'll do fine. It will be harder and skier to lose the next half though so patience is a virtue. If you aren't exercising, it's time to start ;-)