Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got Calcium in pill form, not knowing that the pills are HUGE and i cant swallow them...is there any other way i can try and take them? Like smashing them or something? Or did i just waste 10 dollars on these pills ill never take....help!

The way I found out what medication I can crush and what I can't is before my surgery I called the pharmacy I currently use and asked them. I even asked about non script ones if they want your business they will gladly help you.

I just got home from the drug store, I went for cal citrate, multi with Iron and got so over whelmed I walked out...I want to get gummies cuz they dont taste as bad as the chalkie ones, but they have 7 or more grams of sugar, is that normal amt or will I get dumping syndrome....never thought it would be this hard to get vitamins!

I just got home from the drug store' date=' I went for cal citrate, multi with Iron and got so over whelmed I walked out...I want to get gummies cuz they dont taste as bad as the chalkie ones, but they have 7 or more grams of sugar, is that normal amt or will I get dumping syndrome....never thought it would be this hard to get vitamins![/quote']

No multi Vitamin gummies have Iron. Just an FYI.

I got some regular pill form multis today. They are large but can be broken in half. I've only taken one so far and it went ok. It has no Iron but I got a iron supplement that I can take on its own. I am hoping this works because I hate the chewables so much that I skip them too much. I do like Gummy ones but my NUT said absolutely no to those.

I switched to a B12 shot so I could eliminate that one Vitamin. My sister gives it to me and its not a big deal. Honestly kind of wish I could do all my Vitamins that way so it would be over and done with.

Calcium is the one vitamin I don't have issue with. I got Calcet Creamy Bites and they are like dessert!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I did the same thing. I bought the huge ones (before I knew how big they are) and it was a double pack. UGH!! I hate them even when I use a pill splitter and cut them in half. Currently I am using the Citrical Calcium Petites. They are about half the size of the big ones but pretty thick. I do skip them more than I should. I am going to find the yummy chewy ones that every one likes so much.

I got some regular pill form multis today. They are large but can be broken in half. I've only taken one so far and it went ok. It has no Iron but I got a Iron supplement that I can take on its own. I am hoping this works because I hate the chewables so much that I skip them too much. I do like Gummy ones but my NUT said absolutely no to those.

I switched to a B12 shot so I could eliminate that one Vitamin. My sister gives it to me and its not a big deal. Honestly kind of wish I could do all my Vitamins that way so it would be over and done with.

Calcium is the one Vitamin I don't have issue with. I got Calcet Creamy Bites and they are like dessert!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I was just thinking about getting the b12 shot instead. I totally agree if I could take them all in shot form. I have zero issues with needles. And I have trouble remembering all my Vitamins. I've been taking the Celebrate calcium with d but I'm getting bored with them. Too bad I still have like a bottle and a half left of them. Next time I'm getting the Bariatric Advantage calcium with d chews. They tastes so much better then the chalky celebrates. Plus I'm a caramel junky so win win. And for the Multivitamin I'm taking generic flintstones complete. They're not bad but I'm thinking I'd rather take a gummie and then iron separately. I have an appt with my doc at the end of August so I'll talk to them about it then.

I got Calcium in pill form' date=' not knowing that the pills are HUGE and i cant swallow them...is there any other way i can try and take them? Like smashing them or something? Or did i just waste 10 dollars on these pills ill never take....help![/quote']

I take the calcium chews in lemon and berry. I was having trouble with the chewable chalky ones - I was getting to hate them! The chewy ones taste just like starburst fruit chews. It's more like a treat than a necessary mineral. Buy several flavors and mix them up so you get variety - yummy!

No multi vitamin gummies have iron. Just an FYI.

NO wonder I couldnt find them with iron...LOL...I gave up on them cuz I couldnt find them with iron and then I couldnt find them without sugar...I was going to get the chewy Calcium and the NUT said no to those..I wonder why?

I was told to get cal cit..and a multi with iron...do we need extra B12 too...anything extra that i dont know about? thanks.... :blink:

thanks mamafine... :)

I was told to get cal cit..and a multi with Iron...do we need extra B12 too...anything extra that i dont know about? thanks.... :blink:

I take super B with folate...you can overdo Vitamins,though.. Took too much folate at the beginning and got all itchy

NO wonder I couldnt find them with Iron...LOL...I gave up on them cuz I couldnt find them with Iron and then I couldnt find them without sugar...I was going to get the chewy Calcium and the NUT said no to those..I wonder why?

My team recommends them. But every program is different and in the end you should follow the advice of your own team.