Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill Dr. in Kansas City?

anyone know of a good fill Dr. in KC & their costs?

Dr Malley DOES take patients that were banded by other Drs - including those in Mexico - My girlfriend was banded by him and I was banded in Mexico and she asked if he will take me. I haven't made the appt yet but she was told it would be $250 for the first visit and $100 for each fill after that.

Hey all. So i had my lap band surgery 5 years ago. I haven't had an adjustment/fill since the first year. I have managed to stay well below my starting weight but have gained quite a bit back. I am interested in getting a fill and am not really sure about the fact that i haven't had a fill for 4 years. Anyone know if that is any sort of an issue? I'm moving to KC,MO in 2 weeks and want to have it done soon. I emailed Dr. Malley's office and haven't heard back yet.

Dr. Stephen Malley and it is $250 for the first and $100 for each fill after that.

Hope this info helps you.

i get my first fill from dr.malley on july 30th. He did my surgery. I haven't really gotten to know him yet. His office staff seems to be very busy but i love his nurse Nikki. I am happy with my band and the incisions look great. I am the 4th and final nurse from my ER that has gone to him. We asked a lot of questions and looked into things before using him. The "underground" nursing buzz is that he is a good doc. He did leave a practice under not so nice circumstances but I have not heard what they were...and i would bet ya it had more to do with politics or $$ than anything else. The 4 of us all had great experiences with him. I do know that some of the KC area surgeons that are now doing this were general surgeons and swithced over to this procedure probably due to the demand. I seen one doctor advertise that i found was absolutely creepy when i would work with him as a nurse in the hospital...but he looks good on paper. But there is no way i would ever go to him...and he has a great office....so, since i have 3 friends that have gone to Malley and are doing great (the first was over 1 yr ago and down 90 pounds)..i will stick with him. It is so hard to decide who to go to ....maybe you need to go to a few different ones and find the dr. that you really like. This is a long time plan so it would be better to find someone you really connect to. Good luck

Thanks all for posting your info. I live south of KC about 45 mins and was wondering who I will go to for a fill. I am getting banded in Mexico by Dr Corvala this Friday, Feb 8th. I was considering going to Farmington, MO to the Fill Centers USA, but really wasn't looking forward to the drive. I will be contacting Dr Malley's office as soon as I return from surgery. Thanks for all the great info.