Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 12th is my Reduction date!

I'm excited and scared! But I have my date. He will be doing more of a lift than a reduction.

I have more questions...

How hard will they be and for how long?

How long before I can lay on my stomach?

What size sports bras should I buy for the recovery?

I had a breast lift/reduction almost 2 years ago. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I went from a very saggy 38 DDD to a 38 D. I am sure you will be so happy you did it. I bought 38D sports bras and my doctor did not require them but I did wear them about 4-6 weeks after surgery. My favorite thing to wear was just a cami without the shelf bra in it. The shelf irritated the incisions. It is a wonderful thing to be able to put on camis and wear cute bras. I am getting banded March 8th so who knows how that will affect my current breast size. But I think smaller will be just fine. Good Luck!

I would say it took about 3 weeks to totally recover. The first week I didn't do much, half way through the second week I went back to work for 1/2 days. That didn't go too well. I just didn't have my strength back yet. I had a desk job but just moving around for half the day and I was exhausted! After the second week I was back to work full time and doing well. Believe it or not It was not that painful. I thought it would have been worse but it wasn't. When you first look at them don't panic. They look very small and tight. With each week that goes by they relax a little more. 6 months post op you won't believe they were the same ones that came out of surgery. I am happy to say I cannot hold a pencil under my boobs anymore. I'm sure you can relate to this I swear I could have held a baseball bat before surgery. I didn't lose any sensitivity in my nipples but still have no feeling on the lower half above the scar and below my nipples. No regrets. I am excited for you. Good Luck. Let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me direct at vjlive@aol.com if you would like. Take care. Valerie

Thanks so much. I will be emailing you Valerie. I'm getting more nervous and today I heard good things about my surgeon and some not good things so now I'm more nervous than ever!!!

But I made the 5 foot club at curves today which means I have lost 61 inches and another 5 pounds. So I am 12 pounds away from my personal goal now.

Wow that is amazing!!! I can't wait to get there. I will be starting my band journey on March 8th. Starting my liquid diet on Wednesday. I am getting so excited. Let me know what questions you have and I may have some for you after my band.

Take Care,

Valerie

Hi Valerie,

Well surgery went well I am so glad that I reread this post tonight! Valerie I am so glad you said what you did about being to small. That is my fear right now.

I am having a lot of pain in my LB the dr took a lot of tumors out of that one. I heard from someone that she also had tumors and that breast was very tender.

It is exciting. I'm glad I did it I think...but I sure am glad I reread this post tonight!

Thanks I'll keep you updated.

Diane,

Congrats on you new look! I know they look very small and tight. Trust me they do relax. Sorry you are having so much pain. I didn't have any tumors removed but I would think the extra pain is probably due to that. I'm glad everything went well. Hang in there. Let me know if you have any questions.

Valerie