Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been heavy all of my life, so exercise isn't something I really know. After turning 21 and seeing myself at 450 pounds I've had enough. Things needed to change, I had gastric bypass and I am now down to 267.i try to walk everyday but this weight is getting harder to lose.plus I can't seem to lose any fat from my lower stomach I call it my "second belly or my pouch". I feel like I need to gradually add in some other work outs, can anyone help me out?

Your down 200 lbs- that's awesome 1 just keep working the plan. You'll get there. Low carb, high Protein, and exercise. One day at a time.

I try to go for a long walk everyday but it stoll seems like I need more.

Add verity to your routine, Your muscles build up resistance after a while, and the work outs hitting those bits get less effective.

I would go to a Gym and talk to a trainer.

I agree, a trainer would b great

a trainer would be nice for you...just take it day by day,

Even if you go on youtube and look up exercise videos..

(Shaun T is my favorite rocking body and beach body and dance to his video it doesn't even feel like exercise, but your moving so it would be good exercising and having fun dancing...can't go wrong :)

I heard trainers are pretty expensive... do anyone who anout how much they range?

I think it depends how much time you actually need them to work with you. My husband pays $200 per year for his. He meets with him every two weeks for measurements. Then they adjust his workout and diet depending on the results.

Here are my suggestions

You could also get a wii fit board. They have games that give you a good workout.

Or try yoga. It will give you a good stretch and help you get your muscles loose.

There is also something called gentle yoga or chair yoga. I have been to a few of those classes and it is great.

Water aerobics is also a good workout and gentle on your joints.

If you can join Planet Fitness, all of there training is included. They will set up a program for you.

I personally do not belong to a gym, but I utilize things around me..

.example I use home DVD's like Shaun T, I look at it like he is talking to me personally....the good thing about the home dvd's when I am tired I can walk up to the tv or my computer and shut it down till the next day.

I have stairs all around me...walking up and down a few times until my legs are like Pasta..or until I get tired.

swimming pool being in Water this weekend was the best, I was able to play with the kids and exercise at the same time and get in a few laps

just dance for the xbox...fun to do the dance moves and also get a workout

also in most clinics and hospital they have weight management exercise classes for free. just remember go at your own pace.

Try richard simmons videos. He's a goof, but very gentle and positive. He also got people of all sizes working with him...I personally cant work with trainers; they totally ignore my chronic pain issues and accuse me of not working hard enough. I've never found one who gets it. I've also never met one who starts slow....In my opinion, they don't get people who have struggled with weight their whole lives.

If you are uncoordinated like me and do t care to dance with Richard, Leslie sansones walking videos are terrific.

Also check your local library. they may have videos you can try out.