Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days after surgery

Soo I had surgery Wednesday July 17, and I been in so much pain with gas and today I was very moody because I am hungry for other stuff not this Jello, chicken broth , teas , or Protein shakes.... I told my boyfriend today that I regret having the surgery, but everyone else had told me that at the end I will be happy and won't regret it , but it's a bummer I am hungry for other stuff I tought this wasn't suppose to happen :-(

Soo I had surgery Wednesday July 17' date=' and I been in so much pain with gas and today I was very moody because I am hungry for other stuff not this Jello, chicken broth , teas , or Protein shakes.... I told my boyfriend today that I regret having the surgery, but everyone else had told me that at the end I will be happy and won't regret it , but it's a bummer I am hungry for other stuff I tought this wasn't suppose to happen :-([/quote']

Congrats on the surgery!!

Everything you are feeling is normal. As for the hunger it is more than likely head hunger. Our brains are amazing and it knows you are not eating what you used to. So it is throwing a temper tantrum for "real" food. Mine did the same thing - it said come on some scrambled eggs would be great right now. Well I ignored it for a few days and finally have in - after all I know my body and the doc just have me suggestions right! Well as soon as I ate it I threw it up. I am just now able to eat eggs again and that was 13 months ago.

As for the gas pain - you must get up and walk. That is the only way to get rid of the gas.

Trust me in a few months you will be so happy you did this.

Hang in there and welcome to the loser boards!

Congrats! Hang in there it will get better

Thank you this really made me feel happy, like am not the only one feeling all sucky and stuff. Since I got out the hospital I been walking so it makes me feel batter , I can't wait till I can do #2 because the doc. Told me its going to be much better after. But I will hang in there because my body needs to adjust to it's new habits. :-)

I'm 5 days post-op and the gas pains are driving me nuts. I was given a suggestion and I tried it and it has helped. A hot cup of Water mixed with some lemon. The taste is not good but thats not why you are drinking it. For some reason, the gas isnt so bad. It was taking my breath away!!!!! I'm not hungry, tired of drinking the Protein shakes, cannot tolerate ice in my Water so I have drink it room temperature and suppose to be on pureed food for 2 weeks but I just dont want anything. I'm just concentrating on the meds, water and the Protein Drink for right now. Maybe in a few days, I'll be ready to eat some kind of food.< /p>

Also, I have to inject myself in the stomach with blood thinning shots twice a day for 2 weeks. I hate doing that too!!!!!