Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill

i had my 1st fill on on 2-14. i had restriction the first 2 days. but now i have none. is this normal? is something wrong with my band?

No. Sometimes people lose their first fill inside the band, it leaks, etc. It also takes several attempts to get the right level of restriction. Give it a few weeks and then schedule your next fill if things don't change.

I had my first fill on 2/15 and only had restriction for about 5-6 hours afterward. Sometimes the band kind of absorbs the first fill. I'm scheduled for a second fill in 2 weeks. It seems that most bandsters require at least more than 2 fills to find proper restriction.

Had my first fill yesterday NO restriction at all! I called Dr. Spivak's office and scheduled another fill for next week. I can eat pretty much anything right now and that's not a good thing!

KimFrmSealy

237/216/160

Banded 1/26/07

Dr. Spivak - Houston

.png

Had my first fill yesterday NO restriction at all! I called Dr. Spivak's office and scheduled another fill for next week. I can eat pretty much anything right now and that's not a good thing!

What?!?!?! They told me I had to wait 3 weeks in between fills. I'm going to call his office this afternoon. I'm still very hungry and really need another fill.

When I called this morning they said I could come back next week??? Let me know what they tell you. I was a cash patient - not sure if that matters???

When I called this morning they said I could come back next week??? Let me know what they tell you. I was a cash patient - not sure if that matters???

I'm a self-pay, too. I called and they told me to come in to his office on Monday and they will check to make sure the first fill is still there. Sometimes the band absorbs the first fill. If the saline is gone, they will replace it. If the saline is still there, I have to wait 2 more weeks to get another fill.

Sheesh, people. You didn't gain your weight overnight or even from one month to the next. Don't expect your band to make it "fall off". When you have a fill, you are traumatizing your stomach. Give it a chance to heal. Believe me, you don't want to discover that you are too tight after one fill. Some people don't feel their fill kick in for a couple of weeks. Give it time. Patience.....

My fill didn't kick in for a couple of weeks. I remember lying in bed and thinking I wish I had more restriction. The the next 3 days I slimed and PB'd anything I ate. Now, a month after my fill, I am still having to be careful about pretty much anything I eat till mid afternoon, when I loosen up a little. I am rarely hungry. I hope you find the restriction you need to feel encouraged and know you are on the right path.

Hi All,

I had my first fill on 2/22 and the registration lasted for one day. Now my appetite is back very strong and I have a serious case of the munchies. I was banded on 1/2/07 started at 365 and now I am at 329, but feel I have hit a STAND STILL. At 6’7” I am trying to find my ideal weigh and deal with this increasing urge to snack.

My Dr wants to wait 4 weeks before he gives me another fill. I received 3cc’s and feel very frustrated with this progress. I thought the fill will help curve my appetite, but it seems I getting hungry more since my operation.

Does anyone have some suggestions for easing these hunger pains. Do I need to take some kind of medication? Please email at kbinns101@comcast.net

:help:

I had my surgery on 12/22/06..i am new here and want to know about adjustments...i have had three so far and still feel like i can eat anything...I have to watch what i eat I am a muncher and I am really trying to stop that...I was going to call my Dr. again and have another...i have only dropped 18 pounds so far....very frustrated...i have a party to go to in may and want to see a difference....HELP!!!!!!..

NJloser143,

I would go and get another fill. Everyone is different and it takes some folks several fills before they find the restriction they need. I am having the same problem - I have only had one fill but no restriction at all. I am going back on Thursday for another fill. Good luck I am sure you will do great!

Hey guys.

I am just curious. I was banded 2/8 and not ready for a fill. I am HEAD hungry but not physically hungry. I can now eat pretty much anything with no problem. I think I have some restriction though, because I will get that feeling in my throat and I only eat a fraction of the portions I used to eat before the surgery and I am full.

I definitely like what Jack said about learning to not NEED to be FULL. I think that is my problem. I am looking for that same FULL feeling I used to seek before being banded. My mind has not adjusted. I am going to pay more attention to what I am doing with that Jack!

If I am continuing to lose weight and not hungry, do you guys still recommend a fill? I have to say...I am very afraid of the fill because I read the increased restriction can start to cause things to get stuck or PB'ing. I am soooo scared of that.

This last week of losing has been pretty much just 1 lb. I think if I start watching more the content of what I am eating I may increase that. I noticed I ate some high calorie foods, just because I was happy to be on regular foods again and felt..sheesh I will eat whatever. I really will have to rethink all that. I am making some bad choices. I too want to see faster results...but I know that is unrealistic and it is just a want.

:)

I believe your doctor will not fill you yet if things are going well

mine did not and I have to return at the 3 month mark vs 6 weeks - he said it would defeat the purpose

good luck