Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im upset cuz my parents

both my parents want me to take out the band, they say tht it i cousing me to be sick, i know i got a hernia, it was probly from throughing up, but i had a virus this week and last week, and i dont know if it because they are ingorent or they really believe this, Linda my moms gf says the plastic is killing you and its rotting insude your body, and she always saying take it out. and mom just goes along with it she say ever since i got the band i have been sick, i feel like they are ganging up on me worse then peer pressure becuz they are my parents and your soppose to lesson to them, but i dont think it the band thts making me sick i think it the hernia and maybe gallstones,

for now until friday i am stuck home taking VIKES, (pain killers) and some other meds so i dont through up,

mom has the virus i had, linda got something, wut ever it is those two i have dont got it. thank you god.

anyway im feelin an little upset i dont know wut to do, i mean friday im asking the doctor and telling her about what my parents are saying and maybe the doctor can tlk to them, but there stuck in thier ways

I am sorry you are having problems, Marisa. Definitely check in with your doc and see if you can figure out what is really causing the problem. Gall stones can happen when you lose weight - so you might be right about that.

I think this is the time when you have to stand your ground. You got the band for a reason - and unless you think you have a handle on your food issues, you probably still need it.

The best thing you can do is try to follow the rules and avoid PB's as much as you can. If your folks don't see you in constant distress, they may ease off a little.

Remind them that you love them - but you have to do what is right for you.

Hugs and good luck!

There needs to be some research done in your home! Show your mom and her partner this post!

The band is not plastic. The band is silicone, an inert substance that exists in your body!!! It does not rot. The breast implants that caused troubles were liquid form silicone and that did not rot either! It leaked out and caused the body's natual defense mechanisms to go on overload.

Solid silicone, as the band is, will out live ALL OF US and then some!

I feel like you are being emotionally manipulated and that is not right!

I agree with others, go see your doctor. Tell them what you've told us and see about getting "right". You might be too tight or not eating right or a whole host of other issues.

Hang in there! We're here for you....

Oh and a PS....are your mom and/or her partner overweight? Could this be some jealousy over you having the band? Just a thought?

ok so my mom gose to the doctor we have the same doctor and tells him w.e she said, and he said that im to young to have the band, but get this he is the 1 who told me to get it done,

Rissa, your family doctor is not the one who should be deciding whether or not you keep the band. You and your mother need to schedule a visit with your surgeon to discuss the issues.

Just get your doctor to check it--later for the fake doctors running around....make sure that your Dr is aware---let these other folks deal with it....we all have do what makes us happy

im going friday my mom and linda never go to the doctors with me, i ask them too but they dont wanna, my mom dosent even take my 16 yr old sis to the doctors i do,

im in pain i m sure its from the hernia i looked it up online, hopefully i can get it fixed soon, i cant wait till friday, i threw up again b4, i ate some soggy ceral, and i felt like i had a wieght in my chest and then i was running to the BR, i cant keep going like this, and idont wanna lose my band, i love my band, i hate this pain.

hey girl, plastic doesnt decompose inside the body...lots of really important (life-saving immediate) surgeries use plastic parts...they are concerned for you i suppose...i have issues with mine the same thing....get an unfill and try again slowly filling the band....right now im on an unfill because of the throwing up and stuff...i had no idea that i had a problem however until they unfilled me....i was literally eating a handfull of food A DAY! i couldnt get anything down, and was throwing up everything that went in my mouth..........so yeah, its hard, but trust me it will work out, dont give up!

im not given up so yah i went to the doc she said yes i got a hernia they arnt going to fix it, im just going to have to take pills for the pain and the reflux.. tht seems werd to me, i guess pills every day, and my doc filled my band agian