Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone... Well i started my diet today and ive had my first shake (which tastes nasty) and im soooo hungry ????does anyone have any suggestions like can i snack on things to beat the hunger ? Or any advice at all ? My surgery date is july 30th 2013

My plan will include broth, SF Jello, SF popsicles and SF hard candy. I also chewed A LOT of SF gum!!!

And you can eat that while on the two week diet before surgery ? I just had. Handful of almonds and im going to have another shake, yuckky. But that sf gum sounds like a good idea ! Usually when i get hungry thats what i do is chew gum to take some of the hunger pains away

Hello everyone... Well i started my diet today and ive had my first shake (which tastes nasty) and im soooo hungry dde12does anyone have any suggestions like can i snack on things to beat the hunger ? Or any advice at all ? My surgery date is july 30th 2013

I'm on the 8th day of my 2 week Optifast preop diet. It is tough but it does get better. I'm also allowed sf Jello and sf Popsicles, lettuce and cucumbers. Hang in there. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Thank you ???? today has been so rough and idk if its bc of the Protein Shakes but seriously they made me feel so sick. I literally felt like throwing up and it gave me diarreah... I feel horrible and its only my 1st day !

Thank you dde15 today has been so rough and idk if its bc of the Protein shakes but seriously they made me feel so sick. I literally felt like throwing up and it gave me diarreah... I feel horrible and its only my 1st day !

I was nauseous for a few days and then it started trouble subside. Not having that problem very much anymore.

My suggestion is to try different shakes... my Dr. gave me a list of shakes to buy/try - you may be sensitive to the dairy, wheat, high level of Protein, etc. As for taste... there are a lot of shakes to try.

My Dr's pre-surgery diet is 3 shakes a day... but, I can add 1 cup of steamed veggies (nothing on them) and 1 Protein (like 1 boiled egg or 1 lite 6 oz yogurt or 3 oz chix) per day.

It's not easy!!! My date is July 25th!!! Keep in touch! Would love to compare notes :)

Hi lynn ! Yea mu doctor told me 3 shakes a day and a lean cuisine for dinner. He never mentioned anything about me being able to snack on sugar free things or like cucbers or anything like that. So im finding it extremely difficult to the point of feeling naseus. I cheated today and had some cucumbers with tomatoe and had a lean cuisin for lunch :-/ lol

Oh and so far ive been doing research on trying to mix up the Protein Shake ingredients and one that i tried today has whole grain oats, almond milk frozen mixed berries, greek yogurt, and a scoop of chocolate Protein and its bareable. Still not anything great

Ian on my second week doing the Optifast. I have been asked to stay on it for three weeks. It's been 12 days and I'm only down 12pds. The first week I lost 9 and this second week I'm only down 3. I'm frustrated at this point because I only have 3 out of the 4 optifast and I still can't manage to get the weight down.

when I did my pre-op, My first shake was designer whey which I hated, I called my nut and she told me to go to the GNC and get one named Isopure creamy vanilla which was much better tasting...I would say call and ask what other shakes you can have...good luck to u