Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on antidepressants?

I am worried how my time release anti depressants will work once I get rny - does anyone have any experience with this? Can they just be switched for non time release, or will the dosage have to be adjusted too?

I am worried how my time release anti depressants will work once I get rny - does anyone have any experience with this? Can they just be switched for non time release' date=' or will the dosage have to be adjusted too?[/quote']

I'm on time release. They seem to be less effective, so my shrink ( who specializes in rny) is switching them up. My trazadone for sleep is totally ineffective, so they're trying me on all sorts of stuff...none effective so far. The malabsorption does mess with things, for sure. I would talk to the doctor sooner rather than later. You don't want to run into problems.

I take trazadone for sleeping, I hope I don't have that problem!

I take Prozac and trazadone and haven't had an issue with either one. Except for decreasing my trazadone dose by more than half that is. I was taking 250mg now taking 200mh and sleeping through the night.

Hmm. I'm on Wellbutrin xl and Prozac and have not noticed any difference. I'd say I'm actually feeling better. I took trazadone and ocassionally temazepam for sleep before. I have not taken any temazepam since surgery and have weaned off of trazadone all together and am sleeping better than before:). All the extra weight really messed up my sleep

Crap! Now I'm concerned. I take 400 mg of trazadone at night to sleep and 60 mg of Cymbalta for anxiety and depression. I have no idea how I'll cope at all without the trazadone.

Surgery is next Wednesday (the 24th).

Crap! Now I'm concerned. I take 400 mg of trazadone at night to sleep and 60 mg of Cymbalta for anxiety and depression. I have no idea how I'll cope at all without the trazadone.

Surgery is next Wednesday (the 24th).

I was weaned off Wellbutrin xl as well. The lower dose of trazadone that I take still knocks me out like a light! It also keeps me asleep all night. After surgery I went back to my original dose and was basically asleep for 12+hours! I also have had trouble sleeping for over four years and been on trazadone that entire time. Now some nights I can even fall asleep without it. Just make sure you talk to your prescribing physician about your dosage after surgery. Good luck :) I'm sure everything will work out.

I take Prozac and trazadone and haven't had an issue with either one. Except for decreasing my trazadone dose by more than half that is. I was taking 250mg now taking 200mh and sleeping through the night.

Oops I just saw that I put down I am taking 200mg a night! Lol! I am taking only a 100!