Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes suck it all in. It's so much information so take notes. But congratz on your decision and best wishes.

Off to Topeka, Kansas for my wl seminar... Looking forward to lots of information...

where are you going? I had my seminar with tallgrass. It would be nice to know someone going to the same surgeon! The seminar was really helpful and full of information.

Great seminar, very informative but I was surprised at how much I had already learned from this site. I got my packet to send in and it'll take two weeks to hear back from them about a consultation.

And yes it is Tallgrass at St Francis there in Topeka... It's a 3 hour drive for me...

What was your experience with them???

Good I hope...:-)

Great seminar' date=' very informative but I was surprised at how much I had already learned from this site. I got my packet to send in and it'll take two weeks to hear back from them about a consultation.

And yes it is Tallgrass at St Francis there in Topeka... It's a 3 hour drive for me...

What was your experience with them???

Good I hope...:-)[/quote']

Mine was great. Make sure you fill ypur packet out completely. I had a 3 hour drive there as well. I had a great time there with my hubby. He even learned something. They will tell you the requirements of your insurance. If you havent already started your supervised doctor diet start now. I was 3 months into mine before I went for my seminar. Other than that all I have is my psyc eval this month and my initial appointment with my surgeon, Dr. McAllister. It will go by fast. I am expecting a date.in October!

I finished my 6 month diet last month and I hope to return my packet on Monday. There were so many people there so I want to hurry and get mine sent in. How long did it take to get in for your psyc eval??? Did you use one of the ones on their hand out?

Where in Kansas do you live?

I had one scheduled for last monday but the dr was out of my insurance network. So I go July 25th for my new patient appointment and the evaluation following that. I live in Wichita. I am using a psychologist of my own because having tricare the insurance is really picky as to I see.

I have sunflower through Kancare... I've been on disability for a couple years now. I can't find a psych around anywhere that takes Kancare that's familiar with the wls. I'm wondering how much out of pocked a self pay one would be because I sure don't want that to be what holds up my surgery... I'm planing on going off disability ASAP after surgery because I believe all my chronic pain will go away... I lost all my hearing so I'm deaf as well but I really miss working and can't wait to get back out there...

Off to Topeka' date=' Kansas for my wl seminar... Looking forward to lots of information...[/quote']

Have you heard anything back from Tallgrass yet?

No not yet. They said it'd be two weeks after they receive my paperwork. I'm getting the tests scheduled as soon as possible so hopefully I'll have most of it done by the time I meet with them...I'm meeting with the psyc on the 18th of August. She's never done the evaluation before but she thinks this office here can do it... I use a c-pap but its been years since my last sleep study so I'm guessing I'll have to have another one... So I'm working on it. They aren't familure with Kancare since they just started taking it jan 1st so its new to both them and me. But I'm positive working together we can make it happen...

The one thing they told me is to get everything scheduled and done. The only thing I need done is psyc eval and that is getting done next Thursday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using RNYTalk

I still need a pulmonologist... (Sp)

Did they have one for you or did you have to find one on your own??? My PCP has not had anyone do wls and its up to me to figure it out on my own.

I didn't need one. I don't have to do any other testing other than the psyc and the 6 month diet. No sleep test, no x-rays, no stress test.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using RNYTalk

Lucky you. :-)

I have all the usual stuff, cardiologist, pulmonologist, psyc, get upper GI, and rule out sleep apnea of which I know I have... Surly I can get it done in the next month...(I hope)