Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

psyc eval... the docs falt.

I was supposed to be doing my psyc eval today but I got a phone call about a hour ago saying that doctor isnt in the network. When they made the appointment I had to be refferred because I have tricare. So they should of know then that I couldn't bee seen by this doctor. I am supposed to be seem before my initial consult with my surgeon which is on August 1st. Now every doctor that they call to see if they are in network they either do the eval and are not in network, or they are in network and don't do the eval. The surgeons office does offer psyc evals but the drive is 2 and a half hours away from where I am now. I have jumped through so many hoops and now because of their mistake I have to pay for it. I hope that they find one this time that is in the network and that does the evaluations. :angry:

I know is a hassle, but I would drive the 2 hours, is it just one time? Oh, I would be pissed to. I can't wait to my surgery date!

I know is a hassle, but I would drive the 2 hours, is it just one time? Oh, I would be pissed to. I can't wait to my surgery date!

every appintiment I have to make that drive beacuse I have tricare and they are really strict about their doctors. I don't mind it, I even get reimbursed for travel expenses. I just hope that I can get in before my next appointment. I am looking at a october surgery date! I am in month 4 of my supervised diet!

Oh wow! , yeah that WILL be a hassle. I wish you the best, I really hope you get in before the next appointment. I am pre-op too. I am hopping my doctor sent my referral letter last week, and tomorrow or this week I get the call. They are so slow. I get right on things and they take forever for things. I am ready tot tackle this is annoying having to wait for everyone else to get in the same page! Hang in there and push hard!

I would make the drive, I know it sucks but its another Item checked off the list. U want it done, no issues so it won't hold u up later. Best Wishes!!

How frustrating. Im all done but still waiting a month on insurance because the contract changed on july 1 and they wouldnt approbe july surgeries until july. And i suppose they all took the week or 2 of july 4 off ? So ive been jumping through hoops since february 1. Five 1/4 months and counting... No surgery date yet. And since i expected to be on medical leave for this in may, and that extended to july, so i didnt apply for vacation time and now its too late- no vacation time left.

But yeah, i guess i would drive the 2&1/2 hours, make a day pf it, maybe stay overnight, if it didnt mess up work schedule.

This sucks but if driving 2 1/2 hours to the doctor that's all it takes a one time deal I would do it. I would be getting surgery next year I believe if I waited for my insurance nutrionist & therapy. I took the who do I pay to get it done ASAP and in less then 2 months I got everything done & surgery wala :) you gotta be determine to get stuff done cuz waiting on others suck big time!

I hear ya, today I called the referal department to see what was the hold up my doctor had sent the papers on the 1st and its now the 9th, I called and the lady said I'm faxing the papers right now! I was like uhmm. I am calling the surgeons office tomorrow morning to see if they got the papers. I ain't playing games with this people if we're up to them I probably end up getting this done next year! Hopefully I get it all done by October or before, my pcp is really up for this to the point he sending me on his own to get the sleep study now lol .

I found a psyc doctor this morning and should be seen August 15th. Its actually in my town too. I am excited again. These doctors should pay me for keeping up with their stuff lol.