Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month post-op and my boobs are already disappearing!

So I'm one month post and I've primarily been wearing dresses. I generally wear dresses all summer long. I bought a couple cute tank dresses to wear with cute sandals and bags. Having straps allow me to wear a regular bra. Well today I decided to try a strapless tube dress. I pulled out my old strapless bra in size 44d. What a mess! I was swimming in the thing. So I tried on my new one (size 44c) that I purchased about 2 months ago in anticipation of losing some volume in my boobs. I figured that it might get me through the summer. It didn't. Since I hadn't worn it or removed the tags I exchanged it for get this... a 44b. I've never been obsessed with my boobs or their size but I am obsessed with pretty with great support. At this rate I may resort to stuffing my bras to avoid having to buy new ones every month. Any suggestions?

Boy that sucks! The one place you don't want to shrink! Mine seem to be sagging - just as depressing. I don't think there's anything you can do to stop loosing boob volume. That happened to a friend of my mom's too when she lost a lot of weight. Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 boob job together? Lol :rolleyes:

Boy that sucks! The one place you don't want to shrink! Mine seem to be sagging - just as depressing. I don't think there's anything you can do to stop loosing boob volume. That happened to a friend of my mom's too when she lost a lot of weight. Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 boob job together? Lol :rolleyes:

Lol @ 2 for 1. I would be all for it. Tell me where to sign up. But really, since it's still too soon to soon to consider a breast augmentation I guess I'll have to invest in some inexpensive stuffing materials... socks and tissues.

Lol! The same is happening to me. When I lay down they look like two flap jacks. Lol

This part sucks! ;)

Lol! The same is happening to me. When I lay down they look like two flap jacks. Lol

This part sucks! ;)

I can relate to the flap jacks thing. There should be complimentary breast implants/lift with weight loss surgery.

Oh Em Gee .... I love this thread! I absolutely feel you on this. I'm 4 months post op and I've went from a 44DD and I just bought a bra on Tuesday and I'm now in a 35B!!!

I have NEVER EVER had to worry about my boobs and now I'm like WTH. I actually was rolling up face towels and stuffing 1 in each bra but when I saw how it looked ons picture I immediately stopped. I think my new boobs actually go with my new body. I guess mentally I just have to get with it. LOL

I only wish that my belly heck the rest of me would shrink at the same rate. While I definitely see a difference in my body I just think that my upper body from my shoulders to my breasts and my legs are most noticeable. I always had large but very toned and shapely legs. I started back at the gym about 2 1/2 weeks post. I am eager to firm up and continue losing weight. I am realistic. I know that some things will never be the way that they work. I'm working on accepting that. Besides that's what shape wear is for. And like my mom always told me, accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

I love the way your Mom thinks. LOL

When did you have your surgery? What was your starting weight and size?

I love the way your Mom thinks. LOL

When did you have your surgery? What was your starting weight and size?

My surgery date was 6/5/13. My weight on the day of surgery was 299 lbs. Boy was i happy to be under 300 lbs even if it was just a pound. I was 274 lbs at my 2 week post op appointment. I haven't weighed myself since. I go back for my 2 month post appointment at the end of this month. For some reason I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I need to up my Water and Protein. That's been a task for more than a week. Ahh... here I go rambling again. When did you have surgery and what was you starting weight and your current weight?

It's normal to stall... Most likely you're weight is just stalling but you're still moving down in size. I know this is a number game but the darn scale can really mess with you hunh? Lol

I had my surgery on .3/21/13 ... I'm in my 3 month right now. My highest weight was 259. The day of surgery I was 216 and a size 16/18. Today I'm 165 lbs and a size 11. I haven't been this size since my 8th grade year in school. LOL.

Even tho I get on the scale at last 6 times a day in not really focusing on losing weight... More toning right now. Personally I don't want to get any smaller. I'm at the point right now where when I see people I haven't seen in a while I'm self conscience when they get all dramatic about how different and good I look. I use to like it but now because its such a big change it makes me uncomfortable... And he funny thing is I love attention. Ok in rambling now. LOL

I wish I knew you and lived close cause I'd give you all my new bras. LOL ... The week before surgery I went to lane bryant and bought 3 bras... Well the jokes on me because I can't fit any of them now. I even held on to one and didn't take the tag off of it.

Well I took that one back to the store last week to exchange it for my new size. LLLMMMAAAOOO! When the lady sized me she laughed at my new size. LOL. She told me the store didn't run that "small" and she could put me in a padded 36C. LOL.

So yeah I took it. LOL

So I'm one month post and I've primarily been wearing dresses. I generally wear dresses all summer long. I bought a couple cute tank dresses to wear with cute sandals and bags. Having straps allow me to wear a regular bra. Well today I decided to try a strapless tube dress. I pulled out my old strapless bra in size 44d. What a mess! I was swimming in the thing. So I tried on my new one (size 44c) that I purchased about 2 months ago in anticipation of losing some volume in my boobs. I figured that it might get me through the summer. It didn't. Since I hadn't worn it or removed the tags I exchanged it for get this... a 44b. I've never been obsessed with my boobs or their size but I am obsessed with pretty with great support. At this rate I may resort to stuffing my bras to avoid having to buy new ones every month. Any suggestions?

lol I a only a 38c I told my hubby i will need a boob job after all weight is gone!!!

I can relate to the flap jacks thing. There should be complimentary breast implants/lift with weight loss surgery.

Amen to that! ;) but for now I see many push up bras in my future! Lol

It's normal to stall... Most likely you're weight is just stalling but you're still moving down in size. I know this is a number game but the darn scale can really mess with you hunh? Lol

I had my surgery on .3/21/13 ... I'm in my 3 month right now. My highest weight was 259. The day of surgery I was 216 and a size 16/18. Today I'm 165 lbs and a size 11. I haven't been this size since my 8th grade year in school. LOL.

Even tho I get on the scale at last 6 times a day in not really focusing on losing weight... More toning right now. Personally I don't want to get any smaller. I'm at the point right now where when I see people I haven't seen in a while I'm self conscience when they get all dramatic about how different and good I look. I use to like it but now because its such a big change it makes me uncomfortable... And he funny thing is I love attention. Ok in rambling now. LOL

I wish I knew you and lived close cause I'd give you all my new bras. LOL ... The week before surgery I went to lane bryant and bought 3 bras... Well the jokes on me because I can't fit any of them now. I even held on to one and didn't take the tag off of it.

Well I took that one back to the store last week to exchange it for my new size. LLLMMMAAAOOO! When the lady sized me she laughed at my new size. LOL. She told me the store didn't run that "small" and she could put me in a padded 36C. LOL.

So yeah I took it. LOL

My best friend just gave me a scale. I bought one with all of the bells and whistles but the numbers were all over the place. I'm just going to wait until I go back to the doctor and compare that weight to my own scale. That way I'll know if it's accurate. I also went to lane bryant before surgery and had to exchange the things that i bought. Where are you from and if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm 33 by the way.

Gee thanks ladys...i find myself laying in bed last night checking if i to shared the flap jack chest syndrome. I'm four weeks out this Tues. Lost 30lbs so far but don't believe I've gotten the flap jacks...thankfully. But I'd rather have small perky firm boobies any day. Btw I'm a 46d currently. Maybe now a c cup but no flap jack chest.

Count me in 3 for 1 boob deal. Bigger discount the more ladies getting new boobies.