Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2013 - Post Op Thread

I feel the same way as you all do. I had surgery july 22 and can't wait til I can eat a scrambled egg!! I have people that have tempted me the past week' date=' I did have an emotional breakdown over a tator tot but got over it quickly!! It definitely is a head thing! But I'm staying strong.[/quote']

Yeah tater tots are one of my favorite things! Lol ????

DVR has become my best friend! I can FF all the food commercials :-)

Well I had my second post op yesterday and what was only supposed to be a trip to the doctor turned into an overnight stay in the hospital. It turned out the constant nausea, inability to eat or drink, and constant dry heaving caused me to become severely malnourished and dehydrated. They hooked me up to an IV and did an upper GI; turns out I had some stenosis in the opening of my stomach so nothing was getting through. Good news is I'm feeling so much better now.

So FYI if you have any of these symptoms tell your doctor right away!

So far I am at the start of week 4 and down 30 lbs. yay

Well I am only a week and a half out and I spent 6 hours in the office today and another three hours on the computer at home. I am pretty beat but I was going crazy at home. Yesterday I got 59 grams of Protein and am hoping to pass 60 today.

Can someone please tell me if i am most likely experiencing gas pain. In my lower left abdomen....it comes and goes but can be extremely painful to move. I dont want to jump to conclusions if its just gas

How far out from your surgery are you? If its been a while you may want to ask your doctor. If there is anything I learned from my recent return to the hospital, it's always ask your doctor and never assume it's nothing.

Almost two weeks out and so far so good. I have a bad headache tonight, which I hardly ever get but if that is my biggest complaint today I am happy.

Thanks Katie, how is it going for you?

Better now that they fixed my stomach. Everyone keeps telling me I don't look grey anymore. Lol I guess that's a good thing. I feel so much better now though.

How is everyone doing with fluids and Protein? I have 6 more days of full liquids before I move to puréed. I'm really getting sick of strained cream Soups. I could never get my protein in without Protein Shakes. I hope everyone is doing well.

Please pray for me. I had surgery on July 31, went back in for exploratory surgery to look for unexplained blood loss the next day, on Aug 1. They found nothing, determined bleeding had stopped, I recovered and came home feeling pretty good yesterday. This morning, I had a frightening toilet episode. Surgeon is being contacted by the answering service as I type this. The picture is graphic, but this was my stool. I am incredibly shaky and getting scared.

[ATTACH]4448[/ATTACH]

post-34001-13813812739667_thumb.png

Please pray for me. I had surgery on July 31' date=' went back in for exploratory surgery to look for unexplained blood loss the next day, on Aug 1. They found nothing, determined bleeding had stopped, I recovered and came home feeling pretty good yesterday. This morning, I had a frightening toilet episode. Surgeon is being contacted by the answering service as I type this. The picture is graphic, but this was my stool. I am incredibly shaky and getting scared.

[/quote']

Glad you're going to the doc asap. Prayers and good thoughts your way.

Please pray for me. I had surgery on July 31' date=' went back in for exploratory surgery to look for unexplained blood loss the next day, on Aug 1. They found nothing, determined bleeding had stopped, I recovered and came home feeling pretty good yesterday. This morning, I had a frightening toilet episode. Surgeon is being contacted by the answering service as I type this. The picture is graphic, but this was my stool. I am incredibly shaky and getting scared.

[/quote']

Sending prayers. Please keep us updated