Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

I'm losing a ton of hair now. Even bought a doo rag to cover it up

Are we allowed to use a heating pad

Are we allowed to use a heating pad

I lived on mine. Even took it to work the first ,onto (I was only off a week and a half). Had virtually no gas pain plus the post-op muscle pain was very well controlled. Two thumbs up from me!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

If it helps sure. I would be worried about increased inflammation from the heat but if it doesn't physically hurt then its good. I use ice packs on my incisions but I had a little tape irritation and it helps me not itch plus dulls the incisional pain.

If it helps sure. I would be worried about increased inflammation from the heat but if it doesn't physically hurt then its good. I use ice packs on my incisions but I had a little tape irritation and it helps me not itch plus dulls the incisional pain.

Yeah I have a rash of sorts from tape too...never thought of ice for that.

I lived on mine. Even took it to work the first ' date='onto (I was only off a week and a half). Had virtually no gas pain plus the post-op muscle pain was very well controlled. Two thumbs up from me!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198[/quote']

Awesome!! Was there a certain setting you liked best

Surgery less than 24 hours away....freaking out a little.... Woooosa wooooosa. :)

Deep breaths and think about the mew world thats going to be open to you. Do it right by walking frequently and drinking all your Water.< /p>

I found my sublingual Biotin in a Vitamin shop. They probably have it in health shops but the store I got it from was literally called Vitamin Shoppe. I started taking it before the surgery and haven't so far noticed more hair falling out then usual. I also keep my hair in a high knot and try to only brush it once a day and only when its dry.

Thanks. I have a Vitamin Shoppe close by. I was just there last week buying my shake stuff, but forgot to look for it there.

Start weight 224, Surgery weight 205, Current weight 199

The one thing I wish someone had told me.... just get through the first 24 hours... it's going to get a thousand times better after the first 24 hours...

Also I wish I would have drank my Protein with a spoon... I got so much air in there taking the shots of protein...

The one thing I wish someone had told me.... just get through the first 24 hours... it's going to get a thousand times better after the first 24 hours...

Also I wish I would have drank my Protein with a spoon... I got so much air in there taking the shots of protein...

For some reason everytime I take a drink of anything I get the burpees. Doc said its cause of too much air.

For all you september 16thers out there its been a week...how does everyone feel

For sure the spoon thing is a way better idea. My first 24 hours were great. I was so out of it and sleepy with my little pain button I pushed every conscious moment. My iv site went bad that night and I was so dehydrated that it took them ten sticks before they found a vein!! I was so sleepy that I literally was falling asleep during these sticks. My worse day was the next 48 hours after they took my pain pump but the day I left the hospital I had this nurse who gave me one dose of pain meds and I left at like 4 pm! I kept pushing my call light and a lady would take my message but then nothing happened. By the second time the nurse finally came in but only to tell me that she was busy! I was so ready to leave and self medicate when I needed it and since I have been home its been great!

For sure the spoon thing is a way better idea. My first 24 hours were great. I was so out of it and sleepy with my little pain button I pushed every conscious moment. My iv site went bad that night and I was so dehydrated that it took them ten sticks before they found a vein!! I was so sleepy that I literally was falling asleep during these sticks. My worse day was the next 48 hours after they took my pain pump but the day I left the hospital I had this nurse who gave me one dose of pain meds and I left at like 4 pm! I kept pushing my call light and a lady would take my message but then nothing happened. By the second time the nurse finally came in but only to tell me that she was busy! I was so ready to leave and self medicate when I needed it and since I have been home its been great!

I had my surgery on the 19th, and two days after I feel so, so much better.... I can't wait until I get one week out. I went for a walk today around the block. I got a terrific night's sleep (I slept HORRIBLY in the hospital... I thought the insomnia/pain would literally drive me crazy...) I couldn't have imagined the improvement in just a couple days....