Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

That's awesome Dreams! Sounds like you're coming along nicely!

Im glad you are doing well. The poop thing is not tmi bc for us its very important. I write my BMs on a calender so I don't get constipated as I sm still taking some pain meds (surg. 9/16). I have lost 30 lbs and only 12 was before my surgery. I am happy for those that are doing well. I feel almost 100% normal.

I have a question about BM, how often should we be having them. Before RNY I was pretty regular. Now I don't know what constitutes at not regular or constipated. I've never been constipated.

My update.. 4 full days post op (surgery 9/23): so far so good. Got out weds late afternoon, worst pain and "suffering" day, ready to hurt someone, sick of 3 & 4 am dracula visits, being stuck w/something all day/night, etc. got oral delaudid after 10 am. Drain removed day of discharge..felt weird. Slept from.7 pm to 7 am....still waking up every 3 hrs tho, lol. Sent home with tiny 1 mg delaudid, antinausea script, and prevacid script. Also had the atrixia (blood thinner) injections. No nausea or cramping in the pouch yet, just from gas. Right on pureed diet..from weds in hospital. oatmeal, refried Beans, yogurt, etc. fortified all with prot powder. Getting 36-48 oz liquids in for last 2 days. Popsicles rock!!! Hot tea goes down well too..."smooth move" tea to help as laxative. Did take Miralax this AM, and a stool softner....finally pooped!! Maybe tmi, but thats a big deal...lol. Got 68g Protein in today, walked around the block.... Lingering pain @ incision sites, esp if i twist the wrong way...and some gassy pains that go away with moving/walking, etc. still tired, but scheduling naps. :) drinking from pink sippy cup and using a baby spoon to eat. Best thing today was choc banana super pudding... SF choc pudding, 1/2 banana mashed, 2c skim milk, 1 envelope Unjury choc protein pwdr, blended, chilled. 8g prot per 4 oz. Yum. Thank you God this is going pretty well.so far!!!! :) no idea how much i lost yet, not looking til post op appt with surgeon on 10/7. HW 231.(feb 2013)...DoSW 222. GW 140

That sounds awesome! How are you tolerating foods. I am jealous, it seems my doc is the only one that makes you do Clear Liquids for 2 weeks before going to pureed. Did you use reg oatmeal or baby oatmeal? I have a ton of reg oatmeal that I can't wait to tear into.

I have a question about BM, how often should we be having them. Before RNY I was pretty regular. Now I don't know what constitutes at not regular or constipated. I've never been constipated.

I think if it's been more than 3 days then you should take something to help it along.

Ya thats most health care facility protocols. On day three I drink miralax in my Water which usually does the trick. So far all mine have been liquid. Are your guys formed? Im still on a liquid diet.< /p>

mine isn't, but like you I am also still liquids only. I start pureed on the 1st.

Does anyone have to attend a post op surgery class? I have one on Wednesday. Wondered how long they usually last.

I don't have one until November or December about body image I believe or life after surgery

My BM aware formed last time I had one

That sounds awesome! How are you tolerating foods. I am jealous' date=' it seems my doc is the only one that makes you do Clear liquids for 2 weeks before going to pureed. Did you use reg oatmeal or baby oatmeal? I have a ton of reg oatmeal that I can't wait to tear into.[/quote']

I seem to be tolerating them fine. Its regular oatmeal, the "weight control" instant kind from quaker. meets lack of sugar requirement. Recommended by my nut. She put together a whole list of post op stuff that is approved, already checked fat, sugar, etc. i did make it runnier with skim milk, added some prot pwdr, and still mushed it up more in my mouth before swallowing. Same with refried Beans, added chix broth,blendered them to get smooth. Regular plain oatmeal, quick oats, steel cut, etc..as long as it doesnt have added flavors/too much sugar from those should be fine. You can always make runny, or blend it up to cream of wheat consistency to be safe....thats what i did. :)

Ya thats most health care facility protocols. On day three I drink miralax in my Water which usually does the trick. So far all mine have been liquid. Are your guys formed? Im still on a liquid diet.

Mine have been formed, prob too formed...lol. Need to soften them up a bit. One thing is they stink. So do farts/gaseous releases, lol. My friend who is 2 yrs out warned me...didnt want to believe her, but peeeeuuuu, one i had yest was funnnnky. Lol

Ya thats most health care facility protocols. On day three I drink miralax in my Water which usually does the trick. So far all mine have been liquid. Are your guys formed? Im still on a liquid diet.

Mine have been formed, prob too formed...lol. Need to soften them up a bit. One thing is they stink. So do farts/gaseous releases, lol. My friend who is 2 yrs out warned me...didnt want to believe her, but peeeeuuuu, one i had yest was funnnnky. Lol

Do you count your Protein shakes toward your 64 oz of liquid

Yes, they have me count them. I also can use Jello, popsicles, cream Soups and yogurt as liquid too.

Start weight 224, Surgery weight 205, Current weight 199

I don't think I have any post op classes.