Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

So i had my surgery on Friday. I was doing fine' date=' walked the hallways a lot, but then my happy button was taken away, and i have been drinking oz after oz of Water. Uuuggggg. Been woken up by nurses one after another, so now. Im wide awake again. :([/quote']

Ya. I hated when they took away my happy button too. Its harder when you have to rely on the nurses for pain meds.

So i had my surgery on Friday. I was doing fine, walked the hallways a lot, but then my happy button was taken away, and i have been drinking oz after oz of Water. Uuuggggg. Been woken up by nurses one after another, so now. Im wide awake again. :(

I swear, they don't want you to sleep for more than an hour or two. I think they get joy from waking you up constantly.

I'm convinced the Dr screwed something up, but I know that's an illogical thought since he's been doing this for so long. I started eating more solid foods like cut up chicken with light mayo instead of pureed chicken and still not feeling full. I'm determined to get this weight off even if my tool isn't working exactly right. I've been exercising every day and following the food guidelines

HW(9/3/13)- 284, DOS(9/11/13)-270, CW-257(9/25/13), GW-155(by 9/21/14...my 26th birthday!)

I haven't gotten a full sensation either. Of course I'm still on liquids so I chalk it up to they run straight through me. It looks though like your losing weight :)

i know this is some major tmi, but when they first packed my open wound they sealed it with a tegaderm. When they took it off my skin almost came off with it. Now I have to use paper tape, and anything that touches my skin hurts so bad. It's red, all over looks almost like a rash. Well anyways the paper tape still has to be stuck to that part of my skin, and I think that might be the thing that hurts the most is when I have to peel that off. The nurse gave me some adhesive remover to help but that can only do so much. I just hope this wound doesn't take that long to heal. But it is about 3 inches wide and 2 inches deep.

Wow thats deep. I have never had tape allergies but the tegaderm they put on my drain did the same thing. To keep from itching I use ice packs and hydrocortisone cream on the exposed skin. You could get a bigger bandage so the tape is on the good skin instead of back on the red skin.

that is what we tried this time just to see how it works out. I can't put anything on it because if it some how gets in the wound I could end up back in the hospital. I can't believe out of all complications that could of happened, it was this and to me. It is just mind boggling.

i know this is some major tmi' date=' but when they first packed my open wound they sealed it with a tegaderm. When they took it off my skin almost came off with it. Now I have to use paper tape, and anything that touches my skin hurts so bad. It's red, all over looks almost like a rash. Well anyways the paper tape still has to be stuck to that part of my skin, and I think that might be the thing that hurts the most is when I have to peel that off. The nurse gave me some adhesive remover to help but that can only do so much. I just hope this wound doesn't take that long to heal. But it is about 3 inches wide and 2 inches deep.[/quote']

Did they give you detatchol? Or another brand. If you can get the liquid detatchol and just put a bunch on, that helps best. I have tape allergies, but didn't know it until last year...ended up in the hospital for a day and sent home on prednisone and benadryl for a few weeks. I'd say if it spreads, It's probably an allergic reaction.

HW(9/3/13)- 284, DOS(9/11/13)-270, CW-257(9/25/13), GW-155(by 9/21/14...my 26th birthday!)

i know this is some major tmi' date=' but when they first packed my open wound they sealed it with a tegaderm. When they took it off my skin almost came off with it. Now I have to use paper tape, and anything that touches my skin hurts so bad. It's red, all over looks almost like a rash. Well anyways the paper tape still has to be stuck to that part of my skin, and I think that might be the thing that hurts the most is when I have to peel that off. The nurse gave me some adhesive remover to help but that can only do so much. I just hope this wound doesn't take that long to heal. But it is about 3 inches wide and 2 inches deep.[/quote']

I'd also suggest you buy your own medical tape to see what works best for you. It gets expensive, but totally worth it. If it isn't a severe adhesive allergy, getting a much larger bandage that won't be sticking to the sensitive skin will be a major help.

the bandage that goes on the outside of it came from the hospital. They gave us all these prescription grade stuff to make sure it stays as sterile as possible, even the gloves are prescription lol. I feel like it is all a big waste as everything is individual wrapped but I see why.

Do you count your Protein Shakes toward your 64 oz of liquid

I was told no. The Protein does not count towards my liquids

I was told all liquid counts toward the 64-OZ, even Protein Drinks, broth as well.

My update.. 4 full days post op (surgery 9/23): so far so good. Got out weds late afternoon, worst pain and "suffering" day, ready to hurt someone, sick of 3 & 4 am dracula visits, being stuck w/something all day/night, etc. got oral delaudid after 10 am. Drain removed day of discharge..felt weird. Slept from.7 pm to 7 am....still waking up every 3 hrs tho, lol. Sent home with tiny 1 mg delaudid, antinausea script, and prevacid script. Also had the atrixia (blood thinner) injections. No nausea or cramping in the pouch yet, just from gas. Right on pureed diet..from weds in hospital. oatmeal, refried Beans, yogurt, etc. fortified all with prot powder. Getting 36-48 oz liquids in for last 2 days. Popsicles rock!!! Hot tea goes down well too..."smooth move" tea to help as laxative. Did take Miralax this AM, and a stool softner....finally pooped!! Maybe tmi, but thats a big deal...lol. Got 68g Protein in today, walked around the block.... Lingering pain @ incision sites, esp if i twist the wrong way...and some gassy pains that go away with moving/walking, etc. still tired, but scheduling naps. :) drinking from pink sippy cup and using a baby spoon to eat. Best thing today was choc banana super pudding... SF choc pudding, 1/2 banana mashed, 2c skim milk, 1 envelope Unjury choc protein pwdr, blended, chilled. 8g prot per 4 oz. Yum. Thank you God this is going pretty well.so far!!!! :) no idea how much i lost yet, not looking til post op appt with surgeon on 10/7. HW 231.(feb 2013)...DoSW 222. GW 140