Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

For all you september 16thers out there its been a week...how does everyone feel

Don't know why my previous message posted twice but I can't erase it. I myself feel relatively great. After my last day at the hospital which was so miserable, I thought for sure I would be down and out for a while but everyday is substantially better and I feel optimistic about life. How are you doing as I know you have had some uphill battles the last week. I feel that if you were allowed a full liquid diet then your hair would be doing better, you need Protein for strength and healing power. I talk so much on here but I love it! Its been so great to be completely open and honest with everything we are going through, you cannot do that on FB, especially since I don't want to announce to FB I had this done as a lot of my friends I haven't seen in years still think I am thin (as I use to be).

Overall I had terrific nurses, but I had one that was so bad that I am considering filing a complaint. This woman should never work with a bariatric patient again.... her care in its best moment was neglectful, and in her usual moments was combative, lazy and inept....

I mentioned to another nurse I had a terrible nurse, and that nurse knew exactly who it was...

If I were the hospital, I would be mortified

Don't know why my previous message posted twice but I can't erase it. I myself feel relatively great. After my last day at the hospital which was so miserable, I thought for sure I would be down and out for a while but everyday is substantially better and I feel optimistic about life. How are you doing as I know you have had some uphill battles the last week. I feel that if you were allowed a full liquid diet then your hair would be doing better, you need Protein for strength and healing power. I talk so much on here but I love it! Its been so great to be completely open and honest with everything we are going through, you cannot do that on FB, especially since I don't want to announce to FB I had this done as a lot of my friends I haven't seen in years still think I am thin (as I use to be).

I think I might of hurt myself the other day trying to get out of bed lol. My side will hurt so bad when I try to stand up or if I walk too long. I can't wait to start the Protein Shakes and Vitamins. I might go ahead and start them because I'm suppose to go back to work on Thursday, and at this rate I don't see it happening. I told all my friends, of course they knew I got fat after having a baby. I figure if they don't like it they don't have to talk to me.

Overall I had terrific nurses, but I had one that was so bad that I am considering filing a complaint. This woman should never work with a bariatric patient again.... her care in its best moment was neglectful, and in her usual moments was combative, lazy and inept....

I mentioned to another nurse I had a terrible nurse, and that nurse knew exactly who it was...

If I were the hospital, I would be mortified

What kinds of stuff did she do? I also had a nurse that was not helpful. I told her I was in pain and she said she would be back, it was almost 4 hours later.

Omg! Thats frightening!

For all you september 16thers out there its been a week...how does everyone feel

I'm feeling good mainly. Still some pain but it's being controlled with the liquid lortab. My mom's waiting on me hand and foot and my best friends surprised me with a visit. I'm thinking I'll go back to work full time next week. I have a visiting nurse coming in the next hour to check on me. Going to ask if I can do Protein because my surgeon said to focus on the Water. I'm down 3 lbs lol!

I am a Sept 16th surgery patient as well. I am doing okay. I decided to start Protein yesterday and that has helped with my energy. I also have the most amazing husband that has helped me all week. I am still pretty sore though. It is controlled with Liquid codene, but not ready to get up and dance by any means. My husband also went to my favorite Chinese restaurant and got broth for me, so that was a nice change. I have been able to get all of my Vitamins and liquids in without any issue. I don't know what the "full" feeling is yet, not sure if I am suppose to know it/feel it yet.

Some of my gas pains into my back were horrible, but those have subsided. I have had 2- BM, loose but at least I know the plumbing is connected correctly.

Walking has helped, but I walk slowly so that I don't over do it. I have lost about 7-pounds since surgery, so that is great.

I really enjoy this website and visiting with everyone, so I will continue to participate through my journey.

Surgery less than 24 hours away....freaking out a little.... Woooosa wooooosa. :)

Me to have to be at hospital 5am est.

Mine is tomorrow September 23 and I cannot wait. I am so glad that I found the site at first my surgery was denied. Then I apealed it. I am so grateful that it will take care of my diabetes. Good luck to everyone.

I'm feeling good mainly. Still some pain but it's being controlled with the liquid lortab. My mom's waiting on me hand and foot and my best friends surprised me with a visit. I'm thinking I'll go back to work full time next week. I have a visiting nurse coming in the next hour to check on me. Going to ask if I can do Protein because my surgeon said to focus on the Water. I'm down 3 lbs lol!

I'm suppose to go back to work next week too. Hopeful ill be able to. Above my drain incision is swollen and hard. Sometimes it feels like a pinch and when I move it hurts pretty good. How did you get a nurse to visit you

I am a Sept 16th surgery patient as well. I am doing okay. I decided to start Protein yesterday and that has helped with my energy. I also have the most amazing husband that has helped me all week. I am still pretty sore though. It is controlled with Liquid codene' date=' but not ready to get up and dance by any means. My husband also went to my favorite Chinese restaurant and got broth for me, so that was a nice change. I have been able to get all of my Vitamins and liquids in without any issue. I don't know what the "full" feeling is yet, not sure if I am suppose to know it/feel it yet.

Some of my gas pains into my back were horrible, but those have subsided. I have had 2- BM, loose but at least I know the plumbing is connected correctly.

Walking has helped, but I walk slowly so that I don't over do it. I have lost about 7-pounds since surgery, so that is great.

I really enjoy this website and visiting with everyone, so I will continue to participate through my journey.[/quote']

Are you doing liquid vitamins or pill form

I'm suppose to go back to work next week too. Hopeful ill be able to. Above my drain incision is swollen and hard. Sometimes it feels like a pinch and when I move it hurts pretty good. How did you get a nurse to visit you

My surgeon referred it to me. It's what he requires after bariatric surgery for all his patient's.

Call the surgeons office bc it shouldn't be hard.

Yea I'm going to...I think I strained myself getting out of bed the other day.

Fellow 16ther here. I'm doing really well. Went to church today and back to work tomorrow. I'm getting around 52 of Protein and 65 or so ounces Water. I have had to call the doctor a couple times. The first time was my first night home. I spread all my night meds out over about 45 minutes. Omg. Thought I had pulled my sutures and I was certain I was dying. Now I spread my meds out over several hours. The second and third night home I had a fever. So, I was calling him again. I'm pretty sure I am not his favorite. :-)

I gained four in the hospital and I have lost that plus five more. Feel excited to start my new life!