Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill comments.

Not the job (animation), just the location in small town New Brunswick... moved here a few months ago!

Hi we were out to New Brunswick, saw Newfoundland (The Rock) and PEI. Rather enjoyed ourselves. I think anyone from Sask would enjoy the Maritimes because of the similarities of the people, friendly and not crowded with people. Vancouver has become a huge ugly city with all the warts that come with growth. Yes we have the beauty, but real estate is high, rental non existance, rents skyhigh and general the cost of living takes its toll.

Where do you get your fills??

Fills? What's that?! haha.. it's been so long I've forgotten!

My first fill, I drove from Saskatoon to Calgary for. My surgeon was gonna be there training some people when I was due for my first fill, so I just drove there, rather than fly to TO.

My 2nd, which was also my last fill, I flew to TO for, for the DAY! I needed one, and couldn't miss/afford more than a day trip.... and at that time, I had no options in the Maritimes (I had just moved here) Since then, there's now a lady (in Nova Scotia) who is banded, and was trained by my same surgeon, to do fills (she's a nurse, I believe), and I will be driving there (4 hours-ish), bright and early Sat. morning. I'm actually gonna get 1.2cc's instead of the original plan for 1.0cc. Hope it does a good job!

Haven't been to Newfoundland yet... but maybe this summer. Seems like a looong trip to get there!

I lived in Vancouver for a while too. (White Rock/South Surrey, actually) I liked it, and would for sure move back some day, if I can. :)

If your profession is cartoons, then Vancouver is the place to be. EB Games and a few successful small ones are going full tilt and desparate for staff. I have been reading the horror stories on the Canadianlapbanders website on fills and I don't mind saying I am scared out of my mind. Seems ERs don't want to defill or fill. Doddie

Hey Mandi! I just got back from White Rock - my dad lives out there and had a mild stroke so I flew out last weekend. That was when I decided I was definitely going to get the band.

Susan

Susan: Sorry about your father. What prompted you to make the decision - the airplane ride? Hate airplanes and their narrow seats. Hopefully in time I will able to fit comfortably.

My dad was overweight most of his life and has had all kinds of diseases - diabetes (me too), High BP(me too) and he has had bypasses etc and now this. Stroke can definitely be a complication of diabetes and I am not ready to succumb!

And yeah - the airplane seat was not so great either!

S

Hi: All of the above me too. My sister (18 months older) is in the final stages of diabetes, blind, kidney failure, quadruple by-pass, heart valve leaking and because of diabetes 2. Prompted me to have the band. My husband had two strokes last Feb. but no lasting effects (he is skinny) go figure. When do you go for the band?

I just got off the phone with the clinic and she is calling for a date at the hospital. I am meeting with Dr. Yau March 15th!!! Most likely mid June or later. It would be hard for me to meet my work commitments if I had it done before then - so again, I will have to be patient. Did you have yours done in hospital?

Hi: No. Dr. Yau did me at the TLBC. I have type 2 diabetes but not that far advanced that he couldn't do it as day surgery. I flew to Toronto on the Wed., surgery Thurs, rest Frid and home Sat. West Jet treated me very well. They did not sell the middle seat so I had lots of room. I love the band as it is my conscience, but I must admit the stories on attempts for defills for ER rooms scares the daylights out of me BUT, I would still do it again on a moments notice. Doddie.

If your profession is cartoons, then Vancouver is the place to be. EB Games and a few successful small ones are going full tilt and desparate for staff. I have been reading the horror stories on the Canadianlapbanders website on fills and I don't mind saying I am scared out of my mind. Seems ERs don't want to defill or fill. Doddie

Hey Doddie,

Actually the East Coast really IS the place to be right now for the kind of studio I'm working at (flash animation). We're practically begging people to come here to work, cause we need all we can get and it's like that everywhere (over here). EA (I assume that's what you meant) is great, and that's more geared to what *I* went to school for, but it seems very difficult to get into as a newbie, without any real work experience doing that stuff. :think

Susan, sorry about your dad also. At least it kicked you in the butt to do something though, right? :hug:

Argon!

you are in my neck of the woods in real life. I live in Northern Maine (presque isle). Im down here in houston to be banded and i took a job down here for three months to accomadate that, and to escape the snow. I love New Brunswick. I do a lot of business in Moncton.

im learning french kinda.

lizbit: you're soooo lucky. I've had it with the cold!! Time for spring! Good luck with the french... definitely would come in handy around here!

argon!

i know, its gorgeous here. ive enjoyed it tremendously. I have to go back home March 21rst. How close are we to each other? are there lap band support groups up there?