Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been struggling with what Vitamins to get preand post. With what I need.

Hello, I have been reading the forums for almost 6 months and it seems that a great majority use the Flintstones vitamins. I do think that when you meet with your nutritionist, he or she will be able to offer suggestions. Good luck!

It does vary a lot...some docs are anti-flintstones but they'll likely give you a list of what they consider good. I take 2 flintstones complete daily (Kroger generic) 2000 units Vitamin D once daily, and Calcium + D twice a day. I also get a B12 shot once a month but I was doing that and the Vitamin D for years before my RNY. Funny enough my vitamin D is the highest it's ever been so I'm actually only taking it 2-3 times a week now. (And its staying up)

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 206.8

I did flint stones initially because they were tolerable and then switched over to a regular adult chewable. I didn't understand why some people stayed on a kids Vitamin. I don't think bariatric ones are needed either. I've done 2 regular adult Vitamins and found they serve me well after 7 years.

I recently sent for a sample pack of Celebrate Vitamins. I really like them. Taste great and made for Bariatrics. $3 for the sample pack that you get back on first order. I'm going with them replacing as I run out.

Thanks everyone. My dr.mentioned Flintstones but I was doubtful. How can I be loosing nutrients and easily replace with kid Vitamins. I've been to pharmacies countless times stand there sress and leave. .....thanks...

I recently sent for a sample pack of Celebrate Vitamins. I really like them. Taste great and made for Bariatrics. 3 for the sample pack that you get back on first order. I'm going with them replacing as I run out.

I use the grape Celebrate. They are pretty good. Calcium is the one I need to do a better job with. I need to find a higher dose calcium because I never seem to get all five chewables in per day.

It does vary a lot...some docs are anti-flintstones but they'll likely give you a list of what they consider good. I take 2 flintstones complete daily (Kroger generic) 2000 units Vitamin D once daily' date=' and Calcium + D twice a day. I also get a B12 shot once a month but I was doing that and the vitamin D for years before my RNY. Funny enough my vitamin D is the highest it's ever been so I'm actually only taking it 2-3 times a week now. (And its staying up)

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 206.8[/quote']

I think I read somewhere that vitamin d is fat soluble so the more weight you lose the higher it'll be. I'm not positive tho.

I've been struggling with what Vitamins to get preand post. With what I need.

I'm taking 1flintstones w/zinc &iron, liquid Calcium w/d3 plus 1 extra Vitamin d softgel /5000 iu daily. I take the liquid 2times daily & 2hrs apart from flintstones vitamin so I don't get constipated

I think I read somewhere that Vitamin d is fat soluble so the more weight you lose the higher it'll be. I'm not positive tho.

Yup and without as much fat the body can't hoard it all like it used to. Curious once I stop losing (hopefully no time soon!!) and stabilize, where the D will go!

Yup and without as much fat the body can't hoard it all like it used to. Curious once I stop losing (hopefully no time soon!!) and stabilize' date=' where the D will go!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 206.8[/quote']

Thank god cause I've been low for like 8 years. I was taking 2000 units before surgery and was wondering how I was going to get enough afterwards.

Thank god cause I've been low for like 8 years. I was taking 2000 units before surgery and was wondering how I was going to get enough afterwards.

I've been on it for like 5 so same story, it's still higher than the surgeon expected! Although he did make fun of my white skin...I just freaking got back from the Florida keys, this is as dark as this girl gets!!!!

You are post op? If so how long?

I'm pre op but already been on Vitamins for 3months &feel a bit more s live

I'm preop too.taking centrun multi seprate c and d. Just prepping and worrying. With surgery on July 10 so soon. So many things on my mind.