Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hear you there..

Every time I see someone who knows I had it, Im always asked 'WHAT DO YOU WEIGH NOW????'

Its like wtf..?

I had a particularly rough day... I have 3 coworkers who all had RNY (years ago). They're all baffled that my surgeon put me on soft foods after my 2nd week. It's like they think I'm resorting back to my old habits. One of them actually said to me today (while she was piling down a brownie) that I need to STOP eating and go back on liquids for a few weeks. I was like "what?? Why??" Her answer was because I will get sick and her surgeon had her on liquids for a month. #1. It has been almost a month and not one thing has made me sick (I'm very careful with food and chew well). #2. I'm following MY surgeons orders-- NOT hers!! Gahhhh!!! Why do people feel like they NEED to give you their opinion. I'm so over it! My other coworker(that INSISTS she lost 70lbs her first month--- so not true!) has been telling people she doesn't understand why I'm not losing that fast! I've lost 30 pounds in THREE weeks! That's a lot of weight!

I had a particularly rough day... I have 3 coworkers who all had RNY (years ago). They're all baffled that my surgeon put me on soft foods after my 2nd week. It's like they think I'm resorting back to my old habits. One of them actually said to me today (while she was piling down a brownie) that I need to STOP eating and go back on liquids for a few weeks. I was like "what?? Why??" Her answer was because I will get sick and her surgeon had her on liquids for a month. #1. It has been almost a month and not one thing has made me sick (I'm very careful with food and chew well). #2. I'm following MY surgeons orders-- NOT hers!! Gahhhh!!! Why do people feel like they NEED to give you their opinion. I'm so over it! My other coworker(that INSISTS she lost 70lbs her first month--- so not true!) has been telling people she doesn't understand why I'm not losing that fast! I've lost 30 pounds in THREE weeks! That's a lot of weight!

30lbs in 3 weeks! that's terrific. kerp up the good work. Sounds like jealousy. Stick with ur plan.

30lbs in 3 weeks! that's terrific. kerp up the good work. Sounds like jealousy. Stick with ur plan.

Thank you! Thankfully, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I got a promotion so I will not be working with these ladies in 2 weeks. :) I told my fiancé that even if my new coworkers start to suspect, they're not getting any info about my surgery. Haha I don't care.

I understand since we are both at this stupid stall and ppl are constantly asking oh u not eating right but as u know hello u can hardly eat I lost 1.5 lbs for the week :-( I am trying my best idk what to do just keep it up and screw ppl opinion ur Doing great everyone is different

My new answer when someone asks how much I have lost is... Not enough! They usually shut up after that!

Why is it that rny brings out the worst in women... Some women whom I thought of as really close friends have totally quit talking to me. Then someone I barely knew and hadn't seen since about 190 more lbs ago.. Lol.. Came up hugged me and started crying because she was so happy for my success. This process is hard enough... Really don't need judgement or negativity from others on top of it. Keep doing what you are doing... I think you are doing fabulously!!

I've not lost any friends but I've had some dynamics change for sure. People either adapt with u I suppose or move along. It's hard when all of a sudden you start changing and if they are not accepting of the changes u naturally experience afterwards they will not be secure enough to stay. I wanted this to improve myself and real friends want u to do it and grow with u.

These kind of people are exactly why I chose not tell anyone about my surgery but my husband and daughters. People are so jealous and nosy and just can't be happy when others do something for themselves! Keep your heads up and keep up the good work!

I hear you there..

Every time I see someone who knows I had it' date=' Im always asked 'WHAT DO YOU WEIGH NOW????'

Its like wtf..?[/quote']

Yeah, ask them what THEY weigh- might not be so forthcoming.