Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im on a rollercoaster ride! And yes, im screaming!

Last week, I started my liquid diet in preparation for my surgery on 6/24 at 7:30am. I am a teacher and normally teachers have summers off but I usually work for the majority of the summer. This summer I prioritized my health and declined a $5,000 piece of cake teaching gig, all because my surgery date would interfere w the job dates. I also lined my parents up to watch my kids, friends to help be chauffeurs to and from my kids sporting activities. And I have been managing a good exercise routine and I have lost 18 lbs on the liquid diet! So I had all my boxes checked and was ready for surgery when my surgeon called me personally. However, he called to say he was sick and could not do my surgery tomorrow!!! :(. He and I were both relieved I hadn't done the bowel prep yet but I am completely disappointed! He said he would not be able to do it at all this week but that I am a priority! Humph! I basically had a pity party for myself all day and now I'm in bed but can't sleep. Still crashing from the news. Ugh, since when do surgeons get sick?! LOL.

Best wishes to all who are still able to go in tomorrow and this week! I will update as soon as I know when my surgery will actually happen.

Bummed out ????????????????

That sucks!!! So sorry to hear it! Hope everything is back on track soon!

Hang in there it will happen for u! We want that doc at his 100% best!! :)

Thats too bad...but I'm sure you will be having your surgery soon.

:(

Good News!! My surgeon was able to reschedule my surgery for July 1st. I am elated to report that all went well! I am feeling very little discomfort, dilaudid is helpful tho. But I have only needed it once around 3:30 am and again around 11am. Otherwise, I have been able to get 34 medi cups of varying liquids-water, Protein Shake, fortified juice, broth, and applesauce. All goes down well, no nausea or vomiting. I can tell when I am full. I usually have a burp or just a feeling of not wanting anymore. It is however humbling to think about how much I really do need to focus on staying hydrated and keeping the medi cups of liquid going. Overall, I am being discharged in an hour and will be going home!! I am so grateful to my surgeon, Dr. Michael Schwartz, and the team at St. Joes Hospital in St. Paul. They really took great care of me. I am so happy that things are going well so far. I encourage you pre-op folks to have faith on your surgeon and your creator, your strength and all will be well! Here's to RNY!! (Lifts my medi shot glass) ????

Last week' date=' I started my liquid diet in preparation for my surgery on 6/24 at 7:30am. I am a teacher and normally teachers have summers off but I usually work for the majority of the summer. This summer I prioritized my health and declined a 5,000 piece of cake teaching gig, all because my surgery date would interfere w the job dates. I also lined my parents up to watch my kids, friends to help be chauffeurs to and from my kids sporting activities. And I have been managing a good exercise routine and I have lost 18 lbs on the liquid diet! So I had all my boxes checked and was ready for surgery when my surgeon called me personally. However, he called to say he was sick and could not do my surgery tomorrow!!! :(. He and I were both relieved I hadn't done the bowel prep yet but I am completely disappointed! He said he would not be able to do it at all this week but that I am a priority! Humph! I basically had a pity party for myself all day and now I'm in bed but can't sleep. Still crashing from the news. Ugh, since when do surgeons get sick?! LOL.

Best wishes to all who are still able to go in tomorrow and this week! I will update as soon as I know when my surgery will actually happen.

Bummed out dde1edde22dde20dde15[/quote']

Glad to hear your surgery went well. I am a teacher too...but I am working this summer. I see my PCP for my 6th visit and will have all my paperwork to the office next Monday morning. Unfortunately, the office is closing tomorrow afternoon and won't reopen until Monday, so I am losing a few days for submitting to insurance. I haven't had any trouble with the wait until about a week ago-now I am just READY! We go back to school on the 13th for Pre-service, and the kiddos return on the 20th, so I am hoping to get my surgery done in late July or early August. ;). Hoping all is well for your recovery!