Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering if anyone's Dr set a goal for them that they think is to high. My surgeon set s realistic goal for me of 175-185, but I'd really like to get in the 150-160 range. I see so many people on here who seem to set their own goals. My surgeon had me put my " dream weight"- 150, s weight I could live with happily- 175, and sn unnacceptable weight- 200. Just wondering how everyone set their goals. I was told average rny Wright loss is about 85% of excess weight, but so many seem to lose more. I'm. 5'10.... am I being unrealistic?

My surgeons goal is for me to be healthy....that's all he'd give me. And heck, it's probably the perfect goal. My personal goal at 5'6 is 150. This puts me at a BMI of 24 which is just inside the cut off for a healthy weight.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

I like the way your surgeon thinks....I was really fit for about fifteen years and I have a vision of myself being that fit again of course that was fifteen years and a lot less chronic pain ago!

My surgeon was the same. He would not give me a number he said I want u to be healthy and when u look in the mirror be happy with yourself and your appearance. I was sad at first, but now realize there is no pressure. I had my 3 month check up Thursday and the doc says I'm doing excellent. I was smiling ear to ear.

I set small goals and I'm trying to lose the weight one pound at a time, learn new eating habits and set myself up for long term success.

My surgeon said if I lose 60% of my weight the surgery would be considered a success. He said 140 something for me....I say 125.

I haven't maintained at under 230 in my entire adult life so being 208 and steadily losing at age 40 I already consider this a success. I haven't seen anything under 200 even for a day since I was about 16....I absolutely cannot picture me at 150 because oven never seen me anywhere close. If I'm a14 now, holy cow, what will I be then???? I pretty much consider every pound off an absolute miracle at this point!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

My doc set my goal at 168 pounds. I'm 5 foot 1. I don't want to still be obese!

My doctor said 145. I am saying 150 but honestly can't even picture myself at that. I've not been under 170 since I was like 15.

My dr. Gave me a range between 140 and 160. I am 5'8" I would be thrilled at 175 even. So hard to imagine!!! I have been as heavy as 380 and when I started this I was 337.8. This morning 10 days onto a liquid diet I am already down to 322.8.

I can't wait to meet me.

I am not sure if my doc will set a goal weight. Is it best to shoot for the 80% that is expected to be lost or to shoot for the healthy BMI weight

My dr said 115 to 120 I have never been that small

I was never given a weight loss goal, either. Would have not cared if he gave me one, anyways. I believe, my own body sets its own goal and once achieved, it will stop on its own, unless I mess up.

Since, I am 5.5, I will be happy with 120lbs if I make it that far.

My doc did not give me a goal weight,but he would be happy if 80-90 % of the overweight is gone.

I think I am 5.7 feet ( 170 cm) and 158 pound now,had gb last october.

I love the way I look now,and feel healthy,so happy to be in the "normal " range.

The importent thing is to get well and healthy and feel good about how we look and feel confident.

The number at the scale is just a number,look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how you feel,it have to feel right to you.

Big hug to you all,and lets keep up the good work!

I was able to set my own goal. My surgeon agrees with my size of body frame I'm never will be 165 or even 175. My goal is 200 but of i get to 199 i wont complain. My Norwegian/Bohemi/Scandinavian roots sure pulled through.

You guys are right...a healthy bmi would be great. I guess I just stay with the program and be happy where I end up.