Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

I am 3 days post op and still in some pain, but it is nothing compared to where it was 2 days ago. I struggle with my water/protein intake and I'm allowed to have some Soups and yogurt. I hope you guys are doing great! Oh, I am not taking the prescribed painkillers, they were too huge even after I split them into 6-8 pieces and when I powdered it, the powder was too bitter to swallow, so I went with children's Tylenol. It is damn sweet but stays down and I don't dump on it... Good luck to all of you!

Anyone have issues with their lower left side of their back after surgery? It's been bothering me almost as much as my shoulder pain. Also have had random cramps in my legs if I am sitting too long. Maybe from the chair or? I'm a worrier and take everything to the extreme though so it could be I'm just being a baby about it I just don't want anything to go wrong, since everything has been ok so far. I do about 5 laps around the house a couple times a day is that enough walking a week post op? Freaking out here!

I am 3 days post op and still in some pain' date=' but it is nothing compared to where it was 2 days ago. I struggle with my water/protein intake and I'm allowed to have some Soups and yogurt. I hope you guys are doing great! Oh, I am not taking the prescribed painkillers, they were too huge even after I split them into 6-8 pieces and when I powdered it, the powder was too bitter to swallow, so I went with children's Tylenol. It is damn sweet but stays down and I don't dump on it... Good luck to all of you![/quote']

I'm having trouble getting my water/protein intake also. And I've only ate a few bites of broth. I can't tell if I'm hungry or if its just the gas moving around. I try to walk for a couple of minutes when I'm awake. I've mostly just slept the past 3 days though. I did have my first bm today.

I am 3 days post op and still in some pain' date=' but it is nothing compared to where it was 2 days ago. I struggle with my water/protein intake and I'm allowed to have some Soups and yogurt. I hope you guys are doing great! Oh, I am not taking the prescribed painkillers, they were too huge even after I split them into 6-8 pieces and when I powdered it, the powder was too bitter to swallow, so I went with children's Tylenol. It is damn sweet but stays down and I don't dump on it... Good luck to all of you![/quote']

Call ur dr &explain that they need to call you in some liquid pain meds &don't let pain get any worse, they should have sone that from beginning.

Anyone have issues with their lower left side of their back after surgery? It's been bothering me almost as much as my shoulder pain. Also have had random cramps in my legs if I am sitting too long. Maybe from the chair or? I'm a worrier and take everything to the extreme though so it could be I'm just being a baby about it I just don't want anything to go wrong' date=' since everything has been ok so far. I do about 5 laps around the house a couple times a day is that enough walking a week post op? Freaking out here![/quote']

Yes, i did have much pain in lower back after the surgery as well as shoulder. I think it is mix of gas pain and the fact that OR tables aren't really comfy... Don't think you are a baby for taking it hard. It is hard and most if us go through the same stages. Speaking of walking, my surgeon told me to walk 5 min every hour plus 15 min walk once a day. Not sure how big your house is :) I think that any movement is good to get rid of gas, so keep going! If you have muscle spasms, it could be early sign of dehydration. Are you taking enough liquids?

I'm having trouble getting my water/protein intake also. And I've only ate a few bites of broth. I can't tell if I'm hungry or if its just the gas moving around. I try to walk for a couple of minutes when I'm awake. I've mostly just slept the past 3 days though. I did have my first bm today.

Lucky you, I am still waiting :) today I have horrible headache but I read somewhere that its normal and many get this few days post op... I want to fast forward a month!

Yes' date=' i did have much pain in lower back after the surgery as well as shoulder. I think it is mix of gas pain and the fact that OR tables aren't really comfy... Don't think you are a baby for taking it hard. It is hard and most if us go through the same stages. Speaking of walking, my surgeon told me to walk 5 min every hour plus 15 min walk once a day. Not sure how big your house is :) I think that any movement is good to get rid of gas, so keep going! If you have muscle spasms, it could be early sign of dehydration. Are you taking enough liquids? [/quote']

Thank you!

Yes' date=' i did have much pain in lower back after the surgery as well as shoulder. I think it is mix of gas pain and the fact that OR tables aren't really comfy... Don't think you are a baby for taking it hard. It is hard and most if us go through the same stages. Speaking of walking, my surgeon told me to walk 5 min every hour plus 15 min walk once a day. Not sure how big your house is :) I think that any movement is good to get rid of gas, so keep going! If you have muscle spasms, it could be early sign of dehydration. Are you taking enough liquids?[/quote']

My dr said to walk as much as I can but I'm either in pain or sleeping so it's hard to walk that much. I was getting up every 3 hours and walking for like 5 minutes. So I def need to walk more and I know I need to get more Water in it's hard cause I either feel really full or really hungry. And then I either don't get enough liquids in or I feel like I over did it. I just don't want to get a blood clot!

My dr said to walk as much as I can but I'm either in pain or sleeping so it's hard to walk that much. I was getting up every 3 hours and walking for like 5 minutes. So I def need to walk more and I know I need to get more Water in it's hard cause I either feel really full or really hungry. And then I either don't get enough liquids in or I feel like I over did it. I just don't want to get a blood clot!

Omg. I feel the same. I want to eat but then I think I'm eating to much and I don't want to stretch my pouch. I forget to take sips and try to chug Water then have pain till it passes. So much to get used to. And the Vitamins. I swear my friend asked if I was eating and I told her my Vitamins count as at least 1 meal so I have eaten twice today. Oh the differences to get used to. I walk alot. But the pain medicine instantly knocks me out. But still happy about surgery. Just gotta get used to everything.

Omg. I feel the same. I want to eat but then I think I'm eating to much and I don't want to stretch my pouch. I forget to take sips and try to chug Water then have pain till it passes. So much to get used to. And the Vitamins. I swear my friend asked if I was eating and I told her my Vitamins count as at least 1 meal so I have eaten twice today. Oh the differences to get used to. I walk alot. But the pain medicine instantly knocks me out. But still happy about surgery. Just gotta get used to everything.

Same here with the pain meds. I don't start vitamins until I'm done with lovenox injections so a couple more days. Haven't had a problem with chugging, was always a sip taker. Just get so full then can't get Water down. That part sucks

I have coworkers who said they went home on liquid Vicodin.

SD:8/21/13

My dr gave me liquid hydrocodone/acetaminophen for after surgery...

I went home with liquid norco 7.5/500. Hydrocodone/ acetaminophen it knocks me out as soon as I take it. Give me 5 minutes and I feel nothing and am in dream land for the next 6-8 hours. I try not to take it unless I'm really hurting and luckily I'm not in much pain.

Good to know! My surgery is in 5 days :)