Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

Omg the day is finally here can't even sleep nerves playing up

Omg the day is finally here can't even sleep nerves playing up

I no. I started in dec. N now. Wow its here. Yea it has went by fast. 5 days!!! My surgery is scheduled at 7:30. I gotta b there at 5:30. So I probably won't even go to sleep' date=' because I gotta shower at 3:00 with the hiba cleanse.[/quote']

What's hiba cleanse?

What's hiba cleanse?

Hibiclense is a fast-acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial skin cleanser. This product continues to kill germs up to 6 hours after washing. It prevents skin infections thereby reducing the risk of cross-infection. Has antiseptic activity and a persistent antimicrobial effect with rapid bacterial activity against a wide range of microorganisms.

It is used to cleanse your skin/surgical site prior to surgery to prevent/reduce the chance of getting an infection.

What's hiba cleanse?

It looks like iodine. Its yellow. Cleans and it's like an antibacterial. You use it the morning of your surgery. You scrub your skin(where you're having surgery) with it.

Ricky, did your Dr. Yell you to use this or did you decide to on your own? Where do u get it from?

Ricky' date=' did your Dr. Yell you to use this or did you decide to on your own? Where do u get it from?[/quote']

I'm pre-op, so not sure what my Dr will have me use. I'm a medical professional and am very familiar with this product (and others like it). Your Dr will most likely tell you want he/she wants you to use. Some physicians only have you use an antibacterial soap the night before and the morning of surgery. It just varies from surgeon to surgeon; ask yours if you aren't sure.

You can get it at Walgreens, CVS, and most other stores that have pharmacies.

I have to use it for 3 days prior to surgery

Hibiclense is a fast-acting' date=' broad-spectrum antimicrobial skin cleanser. This product continues to kill germs up to 6 hours after washing. It prevents skin infections thereby reducing the risk of cross-infection. Has antiseptic activity and a persistent antimicrobial effect with rapid bacterial activity against a wide range of microorganisms.

It is used to cleanse your skin/surgical site prior to surgery to prevent/reduce the chance of getting an infection.[/quote']

Thank you. I didn't see where u posted. But u explained it much better :)

I have to use it for 3 days prior to surgery

Actually that's good, but I guess it depends on ur dr. I only have to do it morning of.

Thx for the clarification! I didn't use it for the band but I'll see what he says during my appt.

Thanks every one for your prayers and support

Checked on hospital second on list

Checked on hospital second on list

Good luck!!!!!!