Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow I had bm as soon as I got home. An non stop the next day. I guess it's from the citracel I had to take.

I was the same way.... but with no citracel

Surgery was Thursday the 27th, came home rhe next day, i can't complain, have not taken any pain meds today, drinking Water, walking, napping, took a shower, it is incredible to think I finally had the surgery and am now on the losers bench with all of you.

I am miserable! Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic to have had my surgery ' date=' i researched it and prayed for it for about 15 years, but EVERYTHING Tastes horrible to me Or I can eat it once and the next time I go back for it it makes me gag! Nourishing my body has now become my full time job and I hate it. I am sure this is part of the transition but man is it difficult. Reading about it and walking through it are two very different things!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 316 GW: 150[/quote']

AMEN!!! I keep telling people nourishment has become my full time job!!

Surgery: 6/5/2013

AMEN!!! I keep telling people nourishment has become my full time job!!

Surgery: 6/5/2013

I second that, that's why I took 8 weeks off work, I knew I would have to get into a routine, but I didn't know it was going to be like a full time job, it takes me a good 3 hours just to take my Vitamins in the morning, then Im trying to start eating for the day..Im not complaining, I'm just saying, lol...at least I tell myself it won't be like this always.

Surgery was Thursday the 27th, came home rhe next day, i can't complain, have not taken any pain meds today, drinking Water, walking, napping, took a shower, it is incredible to think I finally had the surgery and am now on the losers bench with all of you.

Congratulations,

My only advice is don't think that taking the pain meds is a bad thing, they gave them to you for a reason , so you can relax and heal quicker.

I'm so psyched for you, this is a journey worth taking , welcome to the forum! if you have any questions no matter what ....ASK!!

all of your fellow members are an excellent resource. Just remember to use this as ADVICE , all surgeons have different approaches to this RNY surgery . your surgical posse is the alpha and Omega when it comes to your recovery and treatment . ask them before doing anything that could effect your health

Have a great day and again CONGRATULATIONS.

RJ

I have found banana Creme Muscle Milk and oh my goodness has it made my life better!!!!! I was having the worst time getting in my Protein. I know how important protein is and it was killing me. Banana Creme muscle milk is awesome! Just a wee bit excited!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 316 GW: 150

Surgery was Thursday the 27th' date=' came home rhe next day, i can't complain, have not taken any pain meds today, drinking Water, walking, napping, took a shower, it is incredible to think I finally had the surgery and am now on the losers bench with all of you.[/quote']

Hi Kendra! Welcome!! I am only two days ahead of you, surgery was Tuesday and my experience has been much the same as yours. I am actually going to try attending Mass this morning! And even though it is early, I am starting to see the scale move - SO EXCITING!!!

Hi everyone, I had surgery June 26 and my recovery has been going really well except for these liquid med replacements my doc gave me. The stuff for gallstone prevention is a capsule and the powder makes me nauseous and the liquid antacid burns my throat enough to make me cough and kind of choke. Help! It seems ridiculous that the only difficult pat right now is the medicine!

chewable antacids, anyone? How about since I have no history or family incidences of gallstones, could I wait to take that when I can actually swallow the capsule? I'm going to call my surgeon on Monday, but till then, any support will be helpful.

Thanks <3

I have found Banana Creme Muscle Milk and oh my goodness has it made my life better!!!!! I was having the worst time getting in my Protein. I know how important protein is and it was killing me. Banana Creme muscle milk is awesome! Just a wee bit excited!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 316 GW: 150

Where did you find it? I am 4 weeks post op and so sick of Protein Shakes. Maybe I just need something different.

Finally!!! After nearly 8 days my scale has moved!!! I lost 5 pounds last week! I will take it! Just needed to share with people who would really understand the joy I feel right now after a stall so soon after surgery. :)

Hi everyone' date=' I had surgery June 26 and my recovery has been going really well except for these liquid med replacements my doc gave me. The stuff for gallstone prevention is a capsule and the powder makes me nauseous and the liquid antacid burns my throat enough to make me cough and kind of choke. Help! It seems ridiculous that the only difficult pat right now is the medicine!

chewable antacids, anyone? How about since I have no history or family incidences of gallstones, could I wait to take that when I can actually swallow the capsule? I'm going to call my surgeon on Monday, but till then, any support will be helpful.

Thanks <3[/quote']

It the gallstone preventer Actigall? I'm not suppose to start that until 3 weeks after surgery. Actually I don't start Vitamins or anything until 2 weeks. The only thin I'm on now is Prilosec 2x a day, Tums 3 times a day.

Good luck my surgeon doesn't give chewable or liquid meds he says we are fine taking pills. But all surgeons an completely different.

Ok so how big is our pouch suppose to be? Yesterday I ate 4-6 ounces of potato Soup and today I had 5-6 ounces of gravy... I'm getting a little concerned. I thought it was only 4 ounces.

Those are semi liquid, they pretty much flow through....you really won't get full til you're on solids. No worries, you are normal!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 206.8

Hi everyone' date=' I had surgery June 26 and my recovery has been going really well except for these liquid med replacements my doc gave me. The stuff for gallstone prevention is a capsule and the powder makes me nauseous and the liquid antacid burns my throat enough to make me cough and kind of choke. Help! It seems ridiculous that the only difficult pat right now is the medicine!

Thanks <3[/quote']

Zuzupetals,

first off let me compliment you on you " handle" zuzupetals, excellent Ford Fairlane reference.

My spin on the gall stone prevention med is Take It!!!!!. i had gallstones approx eight years ago and was never so sick or in so much pain in my life. the removal had to be done completly open surgery. It took me at least a month and a half to recover/ heal.

im not trying to scare you, if you can prevent the removal and that whole mess i highly encourage you to do it the easy was. because the alternative you may regret.

Please check with you Dr. before you make any decisions

Hope it all works out for you.

RJ