Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my six month check up today. Doc was thrilled! Gave me an A+. Nice to get the positive reinforcement! I did find out that I am actually getting too much Iron, so I need to find a multitude Vitamin that does not contain iron. Will look for that tomorrow. My blood tests also showed my B12 off the chart, which I know was mentioned by someone earlier this month. I was told that our B12 will always show up high, but since it is a Water soluble vitamin, it is perfectly safe and we should never cut back on taking the one a day.

Now that is a good feeling! I want off the mailing lists for the large size catalogs, but haven't gotten around to doing anything about it. Victoria Secret here I come! ;)

I had that happen at christmas. I was getting catalogues from lands end thinking the clothes looked big to me. Lo and behold it was their plus sized catalogue. It was a good feeling realizing that won't work anymore.

Had my six month check up today. Doc was thrilled! Gave me an A+. Nice to get the positive reinforcement! I did find out that I am actually getting too much Iron, so I need to find a multitude Vitamin that does not contain iron. Will look for that tomorrow. My blood tests also showed my B12 off the chart, which I know was mentioned by someone earlier this month. I was told that our B12 will always show up high, but since it is a Water soluble vitamin, it is perfectly safe and we should never cut back on taking the one a day.

I think that was me. Because I was taking a much higher dose than recommended my doc suggested taking it only every other day. My nut said not to worry because it's one vitamin that's not harmful. It just passes through.

Congrats on your good results and the positive reinforcement! It's a good feeling to find out that you're healthy and have learned to do all the right things to stay that way. While I'm still in the first year 'honeymoon stage' I can't consider myself a veteran yet but I do feel that I can offer good advice and encouragement as a person with experience. :-)

Finally my 2 week stall has broken down 9 more pounds for a total of......wait for it!....179

dont care how the rest of today goes my day.....scratch that, week is made

Peace out

RJ

Finally my 2 week stall has broken down 9 more pounds for a total of......wait for it!....179

Peace out

RJ

Wow!!! Congratulations RJ!!! I am so happy for you. Now if I could bust out of the 160s and into the 150s I'd be happy. Lol

that was me with high B12. Doc didn't seem worried at all.

Peace out

RJ

Great job RJ!! You go!!!

Blood work report just came in mail....my A1c is EXCELLENT, Yay! This is the whole reason I had the surgery.

Here is a little victory of sorts? soooo in the past when 450+ lbs RJ would slip on the ice and fall on his tookus it would be a very tramatic experience trying to get vertical and in most cases a passer by would render assistance. In short it sucked an i would always get injured to some degree.

This year i have gone down twice. The second one occured last night on the way back from the trolley ride home. But in both cases this year i was able to brace properly bounced right back up ( no assistance required) brush myself off in under 5 seconds and be on my way uninjured.

I love my new life.

Opinions please!

While i have always enjoyed cooking, I now find my creative cooking side is activated since my RNY . Lets face it my healthy food choices outside of this home and what i pack along with me are lets says limited.

This mornings Breakfast consists of fresh sliced avocado.low fat feta cheese, egg substitute and topped with a peach mango salsa ..... Very tasty !!!! ;)

Is any one else going through a cooking Renaissance :-)

RJ

Opinions please!

While i have always enjoyed cooking, I now find my creative cooking side is activated since my RNY . Lets face it my healthy food choices outside of this home and what i pack along with me are lets says limited.

This mornings breakfast consists of fresh sliced avocado.low fat feta cheese, egg substitute and topped with a peach mango salsa ..... Very tasty !!!! ;)

Is any one else going through a cooking Renaissance :-)

RJ

I wouldn't call it a cooking Renaissance, but I do find myself searching the internet for new recipes that are high in Protein and low in fat and calories. My family is especially happy with a Turkey meatloaf recipe that I recently found. We need recipes that are fast and easy, this one is! Just another part of this great journey!

Hello everyone,

glad to see there a still a few familiar names around. It took me a few months but finally got the new app on my phone. It seems as of everyone is doing well and hitting those milestones both on and of the scale. Congrats everyone.

I reached onederland in November and am 1 pound away from 100 lost. It feels really good :-). The nsv's are also lots of fun. Some examples are:

going horseback riding and getting on and of by myself

shopping in regular stores (although it was really hard at first, I walked out of many stores because I was so intimidated and didn't know where to start! )

much more energy

joints that don't hurt

first pair of knee high boots

much lighter suitcase when going on holiday

buying a really cute sun dress off a vendor on the beach

That's about it for now.

Keep up the good work.

Here is a little victory of sorts? soooo in the past when 450+ lbs RJ would slip on the ice and fall on his tookus it would be a very tramatic experience trying to get vertical and in most cases a passer by would render assistance. In short it sucked an i would always get injured to some degree.

This year i have gone down twice. The second one occured last night on the way back from the trolley ride home. But in both cases this year i was able to brace properly bounced right back up ( no assistance required) brush myself off in under 5 seconds and be on my way uninjured.

I love my new life.

Hey RJ I don't know if your ticker is up to date but your 179 lb weight loss is like losing one of me! That's my current weight!

Hey RJ I don't know if your ticker is up to date but your 179 lb weight loss is like losing one of me! That's my current weight!

Yep up to date :-) and getting closer to my goal weight with each day that passes, im going for 180.

Kristi..my knee thanks me for the loss also :-)

So i went out with friends last night. Amazing time. I have had alcohol in the past wine makes me a little tipsy, beer just makes me full... Last night we had a cream type wine and some shots before we went to the bar. OMG I didn't know if I was going to be able to walk down the stairs to the car! I'm such a light weight now. It was a fun tipsy feeling and once I was at the bar I switched to Water. Danced for 2 hours and had a blast! One of my friends said I looked like a cute little barbie doll last night. haha made my night!