Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mel im up every day at 4am this started 3 weeks post op... not sure why i get approx 6 hours sleep feel great. congrats on your positive redults i know your going to make your goal your outlook and methods are excellent. your posts are the first ones i see. i thing you are an early riser also.

Have a great holiday!

RJ

Early yes, but not before the chickens like you!! Since school started back I am up around 6:00am. I miss summer!!! And it's only two weeks into the school year. Ha!

Please think about dropping the "only" from your sentence. You have lost 45 pounds. Just think about that. Go to the store and pick up a 45 pound bag' date=' and then it will seem like a lot more than it does when you look at the scale. I think you and I are on about the exact same track. I am 12 weeks out. I have lost 48 pounds from the beginning of this journey as well, and I have about 50 pounds left to lose.

I calculated it the other day and it averages out to about 4 pounds were week. I have only lost that much in a week a few times in my life and definitely not consistently.

Good for you on planning to exercise! I need to follow your example. I was doing Water aerobics for a couple of months , but I have missed the last two weeks due to traveling and sickness. I will get back in there!

Have a blessed day, girl! Remember, this weightless is a marathon not a sprint. :)[/quote']

So true, I will drop the "only"...we can do it.

So true' date=' I will drop the "only"...we can do it.[/quote']

Yes we can!

Wondering if anyone else has felt like the area of your stomach where the pouch is seems tight or hard or distended?

Just caved and had a few bites of ice cream. It was good. But now I'm so full I can't drink my Protein Shake. I've also had an enormous craving for fried food over the past couple days and I forgot to take all my Vitamins today. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful for this surgery and I'm amazed everyday at my results, but I just want to feel normal again. I don't want food taking up a huge amount of my day anymore. I want to be able to go out to a restaurant and not have to pick through the entire menu for something I can eat and possibly not be able to eat anything. I know this is the path I chose and I knew 100% what I was getting into but when will this not be such a big deal anymore. This is a diet roller coaster and I can't get off. And I know this is how I ate myself up to 270lbs. Previous diets I would get to this point and abandon my diet because I want to be feel normal again and not have to constantly scrutinize everything that goes into my mouth. I guess I'm just frustrated. Anyone else feeling this way?

My rant for today. Thanks for listening.

Just caved and had a few bites of ice cream. It was good. But now I'm so full I can't drink my Protein Shake. I've also had an enormous craving for fried food over the past couple days and I forgot to take all my Vitamins today. Don't get me wrong' date=' I am extremely grateful for this surgery and I'm amazed everyday at my results, but I just want to feel normal again. I don't want food taking up a huge amount of my day anymore. I want to be able to go out to a restaurant and not have to pick through the entire menu for something I can eat and possibly not be able to eat anything. I know this is the path I chose and I knew 100% what I was getting into but when will this not be such a big deal anymore. This is a diet roller coaster and I can't get off. And I know this is how I ate myself up to 270lbs. Previous diets I would get to this point and abandon my diet because I want to be feel normal again and not have to constantly scrutinize everything that goes into my mouth. I guess I'm just frustrated. Anyone else feeling this way?

My rant for today. Thanks for listening.[/quote']

Please allow me to be blunt for just a moment. You have to remember that there its nothing at all normal about being being fat. Do perhaps you are craving that old addiction, food. Don't look back on the days of your addiction and ever think it was glorious. You are moving forward from that and are a better person because of it. Make peace with your past and embrace your future. You are the one in control of you now! You're so brave to have gone through wls. You are brave for beating the temptations. And you are brave for doing what it takes, whatever it takes, to become NORMAL at last.

Preop weight 389 current weight 327 that's 62 lbs lost since RNY 6/11/13

Woke up to this this morning. Maybe ice cream is the key to losing more weight. Lol.

post-34520-13813813010629_thumb.jpg

Woke up to this this morning. Maybe ice cream is the key to losing more weight. Lol.

I think our bodies totally believe we are starving it, so on occasion I eat something just to trick it!

I think our bodies totally believe we are starving it, so on occasion I eat something just to trick it!

Mel

I firmly believe you are spot on with this statement.

RJ

Woke up and kept a promise to myself and went to a local high school track today. focused on walking at an elevated pace and was amazed at how good it felt. I was able to get in a full 3-1/4 miles without stopping and could have gone for many more is it wasn't for my stupid left knee. blew it out several years ago an it still likes to let me know its not happy with me. It has improved drastically since the surgery and the overall weight loss

So im off to do it again tomorrow morning and will brace the knee and see if i can do better and really push myself. I normally can walk all day and get in at least five miles but i do stop to check things out ,take photos and just be generally distracted by the new amazing life that I have been experiencing

Now im dedicating this time to shear hard work . I may only be able to do this on the weekends but it needs to be done now while the weather is good here in the northeast. Hurricane season will be upon us soon and Nor'easters. After that Ill start using the indoor track at the gym.

Hope all of you awesome people are have a great Holiday weekend!

All my best

RJ

Just caved and had a few bites of ice cream. It was good. But now I'm so full I can't drink my Protein Shake. I've also had an enormous craving for fried food over the past couple days and I forgot to take all my Vitamins today. Don't get me wrong' date=' I am extremely grateful for this surgery and I'm amazed everyday at my results, but I just want to feel normal again. I don't want food taking up a huge amount of my day anymore. I want to be able to go out to a restaurant and not have to pick through the entire menu for something I can eat and possibly not be able to eat anything. I know this is the path I chose and I knew 100% what I was getting into but when will this not be such a big deal anymore. This is a diet roller coaster and I can't get off. And I know this is how I ate myself up to 270lbs. Previous diets I would get to this point and abandon my diet because I want to be feel normal again and not have to constantly scrutinize everything that goes into my mouth. I guess I'm just frustrated. Anyone else feeling this way?

My rant for today. Thanks for listening.[/quote']

I'm having the same feelings, and to me, they are the feelings I had each time I've fallen off the diet wagon. This time I cannot fall off this wagon, I don't have a choice...and that is certainly a good thing, because this is the time I'm not going to let myself listen to the excuses I used to justify my old eating habits. It's a constant struggle to be strong when everything is against me succeeding. We are all in the same boat I think and we are also here to support each other, so please don't feel that you are alone, just remember we are all pulling for you to succeed in this difficult time you are going through because many of us have or are going through it now.

I haven't been on here since I have been back to work. I have noticed that when I take in more calories I lose more weight. Anyone noticed the same thing? I am now down 67 lbs and 5 more and I will be in onederland. I am addicted to exercising. I can jog a full mile non-stop! My only problem is the attention that my weight loss has given me. I'm not use to it and I really don't like it. Especially when they beg to find out what I've been doing. I've only told a few so no one really knows. Are any of you guys on the med. Urisodiol? My doc said since my weight loss is rapid, this should help protect the gallbladder.

Any one have this or something similar?

http://www.bodymedia..._interface.html

I'm asking Santa for a "Fitbit" this year, from what i have researched they are the most versatile and the band you wear is small

http://www.fitbit.com/

I think what ever you decide on it a move in the right direction, I currently use a new balance pedometer that has a USB interface so i down load all of that data into my PC , but it is a clip on . found it at target on clearance sale from 48.00 down to 28.00 i like it

Cheers

RJ