Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery June 21. I am on Water and Protein Shake for 2 weeks. It is so disgusting to drink. I can't wait to actually eat. Does anyone else have a lot of pain in their left side incision? Sometimes it hurts soooo much!

Hi I had my surgery on the 21st too. After reading so many posts I can't believe how many different doctors recommendations there are? I was allowed to go to phase 3 right out of hospital. My pain subsided after a few days and I'm not taking any meds. Ttys Stacey :-)

Ok so how big is our pouch suppose to be? Yesterday I ate 4-6 ounces of potato Soup and today I had 5-6 ounces of gravy... I'm getting a little concerned. I thought it was only 4 ounces.

Those foods are soft so you can most likely hold a little more of them. Real foods like chicken will be much less to fill you up.

My surgery was on the 21st. Im doing really well bet yesterday and today I feel REALLY weak. I just have no strength, anyone else go thru this??

I am 4 days post op and still on full liquids. Does anyone know about how many grams of Protein I should be shooting for each day? It's hard to get a lot in and I know once I am eating more solid foods I need about 70g, but I can't possibly get that much right now. What did you all take in during full liquid stage?

Thanks!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320

My nut said to concentrate on getting my liquid in first and then add the Protein. By a week out I think I was getting about 25-30 grams. I'm almost 4 weeks out and getting about 50 in a day and she said that was great.

Hi all, I am soooo fatigued today, I can barely move today I can't seem to get out of bed and when I do its taking all my energy, I will be 3 weeks post op come tomorrow, have any of you felt this way and if so what did you do for it. Im going to call someone from my team tomorrow to see what I can do about the tiredness. This is the first time I'm feeling this way. I will be moving on to soft foods come this Tuesday.

I have found banana Creme Muscle Milk and oh my goodness has it made my life better!!!!! I was having the worst time getting in my Protein. I know how important protein is and it was killing me. Banana Creme muscle milk is awesome! Just a wee bit excited!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 316 GW: 150

Yes, I live Muscle Milk, I haven't tried that flavor, I like vanilla and I like strawberry creme.

I am 4 days post op and still on full liquids. Does anyone know about how many grams of Protein I should be shooting for each day? It's hard to get a lot in and I know once I am eating more solid foods I need about 70g' date=' but I can't possibly get that much right now. What did you all take in during full liquid stage?

Thanks!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320[/quote']

I was told just to get Fluid in and then my third week out start aiming for 60-80grams. Right now I might be getting 20.

My surgery was on the 21st. Im doing really well bet yesterday and today I feel REALLY weak. I just have no strength' date=' anyone else go thru this??[/quote']

My surgery was the 21st too. The spats of feeling fatigue is on and off I just have to keep telling myself it was a major Surgery. The fatigue is normal..... Just get the rest you need you will be up and running very very soon! :-)

My surgery was the 21st too. The spats of feeling fatigue is on and off I just have to keep telling myself it was a major Surgery. The fatigue is normal..... Just get the rest you need you will be up and running very very soon! :-)

Haha rest? What's that? I have an 18 mo old :-) my mom helped for first week but is now gone :-( you're right though it was a major surgery.

I just had some Wendy's chili!!! OMG it felt so hood to taste meat & chew...I stopped when I began to burp (thanks for the various posts on when to k ow you're full)...I tell you I was so excited to chew that doing the "30"rule wasn't even a problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Haha rest? What's that? I have an 18 mo old :-) my mom helped for first week but is now gone :-( you're right though it was a major surgery.

Wow..... Yep no sleep for you.... You need a friend to come over while you sleep :o

I am 4 days post op and still on full liquids. Does anyone know about how many grams of Protein I should be shooting for each day? It's hard to get a lot in and I know once I am eating more solid foods I need about 70g, but I can't possibly get that much right now. What did you all take in during full liquid stage?

Thanks!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320

My surgical posse INSISTS on me getting between 80-100 grams per day , I average around 90.

Just keep in mind protein will help heal you quicker. No matter how long it takes i DO IT ! and it

has helped me . Ask you surgeon for alternatives, but my understanding is protein is key to your recovery and success of your journey

Hope this helps , Have a great night .

RJ

I am 4 days post op and still on full liquids. Does anyone know about how many grams of Protein I should be shooting for each day? It's hard to get a lot in and I know once I am eating more solid foods I need about 70g' date=' but I can't possibly get that much right now. What did you all take in during full liquid stage?

Thanks!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320[/quote']

Hi! My surgery was on 6/25/13. My clinic had a chart that showed me what to work up to, but by day 4 I am supposed to be getting 64 oz of water/protein shakes and 40 - 50 grams of protein.

I also get 3 "meals" and a snack - which today was 1/4 cup thin cream of wheat, 1/4 cup Tomato Soup, 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (vanilla), and 1/4 cup Tomato Soup. All were spiked with unflavored Protein Powder.

The fluids were made up of 2 Protein Shakes and 3 bottles of Propel.

I hope that helps!!

Carol

Surgery 6/25 13; HW 330; SW 291; CW 286