Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That sounds easy' date=' I'm not a diabetic either, but my drainage spot is about an inch deep, and the gauze go just as deep.[/quote']

My doc didn't have me put gauze in the incision... just over the incision

Omg people are noticing! I'm not quite 2 weeks out and ran into some friends at the store yesterday and they are noticing the weight loss! I wanted to jump up and click my heels !!!!!! YIPEEEE!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 323 GW: 150

Omg people are noticing! I'm not quite 2 weeks out and ran into some friends at the store yesterday and they are noticing the weight loss! I wanted to jump up and click my heels !!!!!! YIPEEEE!

Isn't it awesome!?!? My coworkers keep commenting on how they can really see it even in my face. :)

Isn't it awesome!?!? My coworkers keep commenting on how they can really see it even in my face. :)

It's the best feeling! I lost 29lbs before surgery and no one said a word. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how quickly it is coming off! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

It's the best feeling! I lost 29lbs before surgery and no one said a word. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how quickly it is coming off! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

I have a friend who had this done a few years ago. Her son took a picture of just her face on the day of surgery and then every week after for the first year. It is amazing how much her face changed. She said she still goes and looks at those pictures when she needs motivation!

It has been one week and no bowl movement, my nurse said to drink medimucel yesterday and today, hopefully something will move today.

On another note, today is the first time I'm drinking V8 100% vegetable juice, its so good, now I hope it agrees with my stomach.

My doc didn't have me put gauze in the incision... just over the incision

I wish that was my case...I cringe everyday when it need changing and you can smell it, it doesn't stink just smell like hospital, lol

Put the scale away....you're going to drive yourself insane!!!! Weight fluctuates throughout the day and from day to day based on what you've had to eat or drink' date=' how much sodium you've had, when you peed and when you pooped...how much exercise you've done and a thousand other things. Pick a day, any day, and make that weigh-in day. I actually weigh twice a week...1 official weigh-in, 1 unofficial weigh-in. I'm not allowed to freak about the unofficial weight unless its up more than 3 pounds....so far that's never happened. I discovered that if I weighed once I week, about midway through I'd obsess about cheating and taking a peek at the scales so I introduced the unofficial day...

Try to relax, and yes a2 pound fluctuation is normal, it'll be gone n a day or two.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210[/quote']

@NickeMarie there is also another forum for a Friday weigh-in...a group of people have gotten together & agreed to weigh-in every Friday & post the results...so far there has been awesome feedback...check it out

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

It has been one week and no bowl movement' date=' my nurse said to drink medimucel yesterday and today, hopefully something will move today.

On another note, today is the first time I'm drinking V8 100% vegetable juice, its so good, now I hope it agrees with my stomach.[/quote']

I had this problem and took something last night and it worked very quickly... I've been so nauseated I've pretty much only been taking in fluids... good luck today

Perhaps I'm being too hard on myself.. But I find myself stepping on the scale once in the morning and once at night... I'm slightly upset because tonight I'm up two lbs from yesterday.... Is this normal?! I'm following the diet plan from my surgeon, and I'm 3 almost 4 weeks post op...

weigh on Tuesdays and Fridays,

I go back to work tomorrow and while I'm excited to get out of this recliner, I'm nervous about making it all day without getting tired and/or sick.

Still on liquids and Protein Shakes until my two-week follow up appt.

I caved and ate about an ounce of cream of potato Soup. It was so good!!!! Went down good...lets see if it stays down.

weigh on Tuesdays and Fridays' date='[/quote']

Tuesdays are my official weigh in and picture day

I caved and ate about an ounce of cream of potato Soup. It was so good!!!! Went down good...lets see if it stays down.

bjroberts,

tried. 98 % fat free cream of chiken soup today, put it in a blender and added 1 scoop of unflavored protien powder (18 grams of protien) and a touch of ceyanne pepper for some zing!

first of all it was excellent and secondly the protien powder made it thicker and did not effect the taste...this goes on my permant shopping list!

oh and a tip i picked up from another RNY Talk member that really works is get some baby spoons. it defintly takes you longer to eat your soup! got ones that look cool they are called "Munchkins" 6 for $2.99

have a great evening

RJ