Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try some mashed potatoes first then... They're soft and mushy' date=' so hopefully that will introduce your belly to some real food... I'm going to try some at dinner Tuesday night.[/quote']

I'd try Refried Beans or something instead. Mashed potatoes didn't sit well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'd try Refried Beans or something instead. Mashed potatoes didn't sit well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I was thinking refried Beans or a scrambled egg. Get some Protein too. I also have mashed potatoes on hand and I'm salivating thinking of them tho! lol

I'm dyinggg for a scrambled egg with a bit of cheese on top!

Somebody on here suggested melting laughing cow cheese in the eggs....works well and keeps them moist, plus there are a lot of different flavors!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

Somebody on here suggested melting laughing cow cheese in the eggs....works well and keeps them moist' date=' plus there are a lot of different flavors!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210[/quote']

I went with a scrambled egg with a tiny bit of cheese. This is so heavenly hahahaha.

I love Laughing Cow! Never thought of that! Will have to try it.

My doctor said I could start on some soft food this weekend even tho I'm not technically 2 weeks out yet. He said some women sometimes need that and he also knew I may need it going back to work. However I have been way too scared to try! As much trouble as I had with some liquid in the beginning' date=' eating seems terrifying. Even a few days ago I had leftover Soup come up (stayed down the first time I don't know why it didn't the second time) and still forget and drink too much too fast and it comes right back.[/quote']

It is scary at first! Omg I hate it when I forget and eat too fast. One night I had a little but of Japanese Soup it had the udon noodles super soft. I had a tiny bite of the udon and I ate it too fast and it stuck. I was up all night. Now I have been learning to slow down and take a long time to eat. It just takes time. I would try Beans too, mashed potatoes I haven't tried yet but if you mix with broth I hear it is pretty easy to eat. But most important don't be afraid to eat! It's important to keep up your health and as long as you start trying things you will start to heal because you are getting used to it

i'm at the same stage you are' date=' it really sucks. even if I think of food my mouth waters lol. I've been taking bites of food and spitting it out. sounds gross but it has helped me make it this long (im almost 4 weeks post op and have been on the liquid diet for almost 6 weeks. i'm going crazy. my boyfriend keeps eating yummy food in front of me and saying "mmm" and today he teased me with a sloppy joe sandwich. I wasn't even interested in the sandwich, its not what I want. but the fact that he kept saying "mm" and waived in front of my face really pissed me off...and I wanna choke him every time he says hes hungry! go 6 weeks without food and then fn complain to me about being hungry! lol.ugh. Ive been having so many cravings that are just driving me crazy. im not even craving junk so that's good. im not even interested in it. all my cravings have been healthy. like...im dying for a tuna fish sandwich.( whole wheat toast, lowfat mayo, spinach, and chopped up celery and pickles) or the same thing but with chicken.[/quote']

What a asshole!! My husband cooked for himself the whole 4 weeks if my liquid diet. Some people are so immature!!!

I know what you mean , will i ever eat anything solid again??. i found one thing thats snaps me out of that mode. i have a brand new pair of pants that i bought that is 2 sizes too small ( currently) if i start to feel like i need to cheat , i try to fit into those pants. vola! i reaffirm my commitment instantly.....hence they are now know as " the commitments".....strange? yes!....but it works for me

RJ

It's hard my first day back at work today. All my co-workers were feasting on BBQ ribs and all the trimmings. I had to keep smelling it. I ate 3oz of meatloaf and mashed potatoes by myself in the car--had to leave the situation. 2 weeks out and feeling lonely and overwhelmed.

It's hard my first day back at work today. All my co-workers were feasting on BBQ ribs and all the trimmings. I had to keep smelling it. I ate 3oz of meatloaf and mashed potatoes by myself in the car--had to leave the situation. 2 weeks out and feeling lonely and overwhelmed.

I keep eating by myself on my lunch break too. I feel like an idiot nibbling next to nothing while they shove junk food in their mouths. And the smell, OMG.

I keep eating by myself on my lunch break too. I feel like an idiot nibbling next to nothing while they shove junk food in their mouths. And the smell' date=' OMG.[/quote']

I eat alone too. I feel less pressured with not having to tell people I don't really want to know yet about it. I'm tolerating most foods now that I've progressed to regular diet but I do have occasional moments where I don't feel do great and I'm not ready to make excuses of explain

I mixed refried Beans with some cicken broth, a little smooth ragu and just a breath of cheese (for the whole can). I was amazed how spicy it tasted. This one can had lasted since last Saturday where it used to only least two days. I'm 12 days out.

At work they LOVE to order out. Friday it was Chili's. So I ordered a guacamole burger, no bun, no fries. I cut the burger in two and only ate one half. The guacamole helped the burger go down easy and I didn't feel left out. Funny though, how it was so good for lunch but when I tried to eat the other half for dinner I couldn't do it. My dogs ended up with it. :-)

I'm still pre-op but I know what you all mean. I have been on a strict pre-op diet for three weeks now and I am actually excited for the broth and mushy food stage just for some variety. Also I want to crunch on something. I know this will still be a while, but it will be nice when it is possible!

HW 370 CW 327 (1 week pre-op)

I have been on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks. I can't wait to come home next weekend and have some yogurt or pudding or puréed soup... It sounds amazing!!!