Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get sooo annoyed when people eat popcorn around me because it smells so good. I loveeee popcorn. ugh! I will say prayers for all of us,we need them.lol.this is sooo difficult!

Ugh 8 days out too! This is horrible I literally broke down n cried today don't want junk just alil food that tuna and wheat is exactly what I'm craving but with diced onions and celery :-( that's all I want

I'm with all of you guys today! I'm 8 days out and feel like I'm starving! My husband has duty tonight so we got the kids a pizza for dinner.....so depressing.....now they're eating popcorn!!! Ugh!!!! Lets all says some prayers for each other today! Lol

Great idea! I will be so thankful for my post op appointment on Monday so I can add anything! I am not a fish person, but right now... I would even eat that! haha.

I cannot wait to crunch raw vegetables. And I'm dying for a piece of watermelon.

Then when you start eating again you will hate it. Like you counting calories watching intake & being careful dumping vomiting ugh! It's like a damn chore. Until you get to know your body & what agrees with you or not

I'm having a bit of a meltdown. I didn't realize how hard it would be not to eat for a few weeks. I could cry for even a bite of food. I'm sick of sipping fluids. I feel like I'm floating! I still have weeks until I can have any food and it seems like a million years away. :( all I want is a bite of anything!

I am 12 weeks out and I hated having the surgery after I saw everyone enjoying and eating food ...I cried a lot and got very depressed cause everyone could go out to eat and I was left with liquids ... I haven't been able to eat much except for oatmeal , oj with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein , and organic Peanut Butter ...I have lost 62 lbs and I feel great but I'm tired of the same .. I am so sick of crystal light and blended Soup... It does get better and eventually you do get to the point that it was worth it but you will be a little frustrated from time to time;) It will be ok, definitely try the sugar free Popsicles with any sweet cravings , and I was able to substitute the broth with the healthy Campbell's chicken and rice and blended it real good.

Organic Peanut Butter from wegmans on top of all natural pop cakes... It dissolves in your mouth with minimal chewing and has 10 grams of Protein in all...also have used Unjury Protein Powder in floridas natural oj for 21 grams of protein , and Quaker oatmeal ... I have been living on this since 4 weeks after my surgery ....I think with all the cookouts , it's only going to be harder not to eat all that good food;(

Since I'm allowed to have soft foods next week, I am just trying to focus on that. My birthday is in 3 weeks and you'd better believe I will be pureeing a piece of pizza with some extra sauce in my food processor. I ain't too proud! ;) hahaha

Omg seriously also craving healthy stuff like a tuna sandwich! Also of course have a craving for pizza and popcorn! My sister made some popcorn on he stove with butter and I wanted to die, it smelled so fantastic! But we can do this! Definitely prayers are what we need! This is only temporary!

i'm at the same stage you are' date=' it really sucks. even if I think of food my mouth waters lol. I've been taking bites of food and spitting it out. sounds gross but it has helped me make it this long (im almost 4 weeks post op and have been on the liquid diet for almost 6 weeks. i'm going crazy. my boyfriend keeps eating yummy food in front of me and saying "mmm" and today he teased me with a sloppy joe sandwich. I wasn't even interested in the sandwich, its not what I want. but the fact that he kept saying "mm" and waived in front of my face really pissed me off...and I wanna choke him every time he says hes hungry! go 6 weeks without food and then fn complain to me about being hungry! lol.ugh. Ive been having so many cravings that are just driving me crazy. im not even craving junk so that's good. im not even interested in it. all my cravings have been healthy. like...im dying for a tuna fish sandwich.( whole wheat toast, lowfat mayo, spinach, and chopped up celery and pickles) or the same thing but with chicken.[/quote']

Tell your boyfriend he is being a jerk. He needs to be supportive, if he can't with such a life changing event how will he be later.

I started soft foods Thursday. I couldn't wait! But nothing tastes the way it's supposed to and foods are smelling bad to me. So in addition to not feeling hungry, when I do eat it tastes terrible. But maybe all that isn't such a bad thing... I certainly won't get into any trouble just feeding the 'machine'.

I started soft foods Thursday. I couldn't wait! But nothing tastes the way it's supposed to and foods are smelling bad to me. So in addition to not feeling hungry' date=' when I do eat it tastes terrible. But maybe all that isn't such a bad thing... I certainly won't get into any trouble just feeding the 'machine'.[/quote']

I thought it was BS about tastes changing but yep it happens..took me 6 weeks to finally taste something that tasted "right" I still am not hungry or really want anything

Your taste buds change because after surgery, your body goes in to a state called ketosis. It's a state of elevated ketones in the body. It basically means that your body has gone in go starvation mode and is burning its own fat and muscles for energy. You will notice not only bad breath and different tastes (almost metally?), but you can also have different body odors and your sweat can smell a little stronger. This will last for the first 8-12 weeks. That's why you lose SO much weight at the beginning... Don't quote me on these facts being EXACT, it's just my understanding of ketosis from what my surgeon had me read... Lol

My doctor said I could start on some soft food this weekend even tho I'm not technically 2 weeks out yet. He said some women sometimes need that and he also knew I may need it going back to work. However I have been way too scared to try! As much trouble as I had with some liquid in the beginning, eating seems terrifying. Even a few days ago I had leftover Soup come up (stayed down the first time I don't know why it didn't the second time) and still forget and drink too much too fast and it comes right back.

My doctor said I could start on some soft food this weekend even tho I'm not technically 2 weeks out yet. He said some women sometimes need that and he also knew I may need it going back to work. However I have been way too scared to try! As much trouble as I had with some liquid in the beginning' date=' eating seems terrifying. Even a few days ago I had leftover Soup come up (stayed down the first time I don't know why it didn't the second time) and still forget and drink too much too fast and it comes right back.[/quote']

Try some mashed potatoes first then... They're soft and mushy, so hopefully that will introduce your belly to some real food... I'm going to try some at dinner Tuesday night.