Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, I went for my Cardiologist clearance today and the doctor seemed to want me to do a lot of extra things. My EKG was great, no history of heart attacks, he said that's good and then he said just to be sure he wants an ultra sound of my heart and a stress test. I'm 34, 277 pounds and have diabetes. My PCP said she didn't think I needed a stress test. Did anyone else have to do a lot for the clearance?

My doc made me have an EKG, stress test and an echocardiogram before my lap band insertion 3 years ago. At the time I was 28 and 252 lbs. This time around I had an EKG and a repeat echo. Lots of people are required to have a stress test. For some it's the surgeon's requirement and for some it's an insurance requirement. Both are quick, easy and pretty routine.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ok thanks I wasn't sure if he was just being excessive or not.

Hey everyone' date=' I went for my Cardiologist clearance today and the doctor seemed to want me to do a lot of extra things. My EKG was great, no history of heart attacks, he said that's good and then he said just to be sure he wants an ultra sound of my heart and a stress test. I'm 34, 277 pounds and have diabetes. My PCP said she didn't think I needed a stress test. Did anyone else have to do a lot for the clearance?[/quote']

I had to do EKG and stress test. In my program that is standard for anyone over fifty. Perhaps it was because of the diabetes? The stress test wasn't fun - mine was done in two parts so that meant TWO days off from work and a long drive to the Cape. It was somewhat reassuring that they were so thorough. I also had the added comfort of knowing I had no undiagnosed health issues, which was one of my fears after being heavy for so long. :-)

I had to have an EKG and an echo, but only because I had open heart surgery when I was 5. But it doesn't sound exessive to me.

Thanks everyone

My cardiologist cleared me four years ago for lap band as he suggested it. Of course just had to have an EKG and echo which is done every year on me anyway. When I told him in May that the band had to come out and I was going to have bypass. He ordered another echo (just had one that was ordered by the pulmonologist in October) and a thillium stress test because my last heart cath had been done four years ago. Funny he ordered this all for the bypass, yet they could remove the band without it. Haven't figured that one out yet. But it doesn't matter he cleared me as well as the pulmonologist. Should be having the RNY sometime in Sept. or maybe before.

Congrats on your clearance and I hope to have mine cleared soon. I go back in two weeks for a follow up . I hope to have my surgery before August so I can enjoy my 35th birthday at least 20 pounds lighter September 1st.

I finished the stress test it went well. I have to go back on 6-20 to get the results from the Cardiologist to see if he approves....... I am so ready and excited to have the surgery.

Yes EKG stress blood test family history therapist nutritionist I forgot what else

Did any of you have problems with lots of excess skin?

Did any of you have problems with lots of excess skin?

That's me me me... I guess it could be worst but sitting on the toilet it's like the blob I see all my side & flat ass all over. Can't 2014 get here any sooner? Tummy is gross looking. Thigh arms its bat wings now.

So you are having the surgery to remove it? Will the insurance cover it (if you don't mind me asking)? I am hoping that I can walk and strength train enough to combat some of that.

So you are having the surgery to remove it? Will the insurance cover it (if you don't mind me asking)? I am hoping that I can walk and strength train enough to combat some of that.

Yes I'm having surgery to remove it next year. I'm paying all for it. Ins doesn't cover. You can ask me anything. I'm an open book.