Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will definitely keep you updated. I've been talking to a woman who had her surgery on Thursday at the same hospital as me and its really calming my nerves. Lol. I'm having the RNY done. My surgeon said not to waste my time with Lapband and the sleeve seemed a little extreme. RNY has been the most performed surgery out if the three for a reason. It works. I'm so excited!!

I know you are I am excited for you. Congrats again and post pics of your progress.

I have a friend who was pretty much my best friend who I above not talked to in over a month We use to be really close but she use to try to run my life too. Even though it has been less than two months since I had surgery I still felt confident enough to tell her what I am choosing for my life. I feel she just cannot handle that. Our friendship was based off the dynamic we had before. We had been friends for about twenty years now but she was more competitive w me and I don't feel this is a healthy friendship. She can't be happy for me and my successes. She started dieting and working out when I got surgery and lost a pound or two and would talk about it all the time. I told her I was very proud of her and thAt was awesome and I truly meant it but the weird part is she pretty much refused to acknowledge my weight loss success. She just wouldn't talk about it. ( she only had about maybe seven lbs to lose. So maybe I did play the role of the fat person in her life. I do not know. But that friendship is not worth my health and I am so glad I made this decision for me:). Wouldn't change a thing!

I have a friend who was pretty much my best friend who I above not talked to in over a month We use to be really close but she use to try to run my life too. Even though it has been less than two months since I had surgery I still felt confident enough to tell her what I am choosing for my life. I feel she just cannot handle that. Our friendship was based off the dynamic we had before. We had been friends for about twenty years now but she was more competitive w me and I don't feel this is a healthy friendship. She can't be happy for me and my successes. She started dieting and working out when I got surgery and lost a pound or two and would talk about it all the time. I told her I was very proud of her and thAt was awesome and I truly meant it but the weird part is she pretty much refused to acknowledge my weight loss success. She just wouldn't talk about it. ( she only had about maybe seven lbs to lose. So maybe I did play the role of the fat person in her life. I do not know. But that friendship is not worth my health and I am so glad I made this decision for me:). Wouldn't change a thing!

I am glad you're loving the decision you made at the end of the day like you said you did it for you. I am sorry to hear about your friendship and I hope you meet new people who will be a true friend to you. So tell me what was your weight before surgery, your weight now, and your goal weight?

My weight was 232 before surgery. I lost about 15 lbs I believe in one week on the preop no carb diet( I loved carbs. My life was centered around them so giving them up made a huge difference for me). I was about 215 on the date of my surgery which was April 15 and now I am At 190.0 :). I am very happy with my results and feel so much healthier than I have in a couple of years and I'm only about six weeks out. I get sick a lot and am low on energy but still feel this is the best decision I could have made. Just day to day living is so much easier for me now and even with my issues I'm feeling great:). I feel a future ahead of me a very positive one! I use to work out quite a bit before but like I said I ate a ton of carbs. I would lose weight but I would always gain even quicker. Now to see the scale going down consistently is amazing! I thought surely after I lost the initial 15 I would see at least part of it come back but nope it stayed off. Just amazing to me :). So in about seven weeks I've lost 40 lbs :). My goal is around 135-140 and for the first time in a long time that actually seems possible!

My weight was 232 before surgery. I lost about 15 lbs I believe in one week on the preop no carb diet( I loved carbs. My life was centered around them so giving them up made a huge difference for me). I was about 215 on the date of my surgery which was April 15 and now I am At 190.0 :). I am very happy with my results and feel so much healthier than I have in a couple of years and I'm only about six weeks out. I get sick a lot and am low on energy but still feel this is the best decision I could have made. Just day to day living is so much easier for me now and even with my issues I'm feeling great:). I feel a future ahead of me a very positive one! I use to work out quite a bit before but like I said I ate a ton of carbs. I would lose weight but I would always gain even quicker. Now to see the scale going down consistently is amazing! I thought surely after I lost the initial 15 I would see at least part of it come back but nope it stayed off. Just amazing to me :). So in about seven weeks I've lost 40 lbs :). My goal is around 135-140 and for the first time in a long time that actually seems possible!

Omg your story gives me so much hope. To start congrats I hope your taking pictures so we can see the new you. I can't wait to feel what your feeling. I am so ready. I hope you can do all the things your wished and hoped you could do but couldn't. I wish you the best. Why do you get sick and do you need Iron pills for the low energy?

Hi friends

This op has changed my life. It is tough in the beginning but if i can survive it anyone can! I can be a bit of a drama queen you see...

Starting weight was 333 pounds. I went down to about 322 on day of surgery on 17 April. Now I am at 286 pounds!

You can read my blog (link at the bottom of this post). I made updates as i was going through some stages.

It is quite tough the first few weeks. Difficult to balance the whole thing of how to eat and the effects. At some stages i was really down in the dumps. BUT it really gets better. And now, 7 weeks out things are much improved and settled. Best of all - i dont get cravings really and it is easy to eat so "little" and the weight just coming off!

My health has improved dramatically. I was prediabetic, sore feet and legs, sleep apnea, struggling to get enough oxygen. Migraine attacks. Anti-depressants.

All of that is something of the past. I am on NO medications! Not even on my anti-depressant any more and i feel goood!

Good luck to you all and please contact me if you need some advice or just a ear to listen - a shoulder to lean on. Ive been there, and it will all be ok.

Greetings from South Africa!

xxx

Hi friends

This op has changed my life. It is tough in the beginning but if i can survive it anyone can! I can be a bit of a drama queen you see...

Starting weight was 333 pounds. I went down to about 322 on day of surgery on 17 April. Now I am at 286 pounds!

You can read my blog (link at the bottom of this post). I made updates as i was going through some stages.

It is quite tough the first few weeks. Difficult to balance the whole thing of how to eat and the effects. At some stages i was really down in the dumps. BUT it really gets better. And now' date=' 7 weeks out things are much improved and settled. Best of all - i dont get cravings really and it is easy to eat so "little" and the weight just coming off!

My health has improved dramatically. I was prediabetic, sore feet and legs, sleep apnea, struggling to get enough oxygen. Migraine attacks. Anti-depressants.

All of that is something of the past. I am on NO medications! Not even on my anti-depressant any more and i feel goood!

Good luck to you all and please contact me if you need some advice or just a ear to listen - a shoulder to lean on. Ive been there, and it will all be ok.

Greetings from South Africa!

xxx[/quote']

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story with me. I am concerned about the whole eating part myself so I will be reaching out to you for advice with that. To not have any medication at all is awesome and a big relief. I wish you the best in your weight loss and keep me posted. Good luck and thanks again for sharing

Hi girl, any any time! Please message me if you need some advice, if i can help i will. You are saving yourself and you must always be very proud of yourself for that. Well done! xxx

Hi girl' date=' any any time! Please message me if you need some advice, if i can help i will. You are saving yourself and you must always be very proud of yourself for that. Well done! xxx[/quote']

Thank you and I will.

To be honest I have had my surgery June 5 th I am not gonna say its easy bc none of this easy it is though a great way to see who loves ad supports u no matter what u do in ur life .. I have had many conversations with my husband before deciding this surgery and he has tried to feed me things I can't eat before surgery .. I did confront him and tell him how I felt since he was so stuck I don't need it.. But in the end it was my decision to b alive to see me children grow and I made that very clear .. I am now 5 days post-op and he has be wonderful he has helped me in any ways he possibly can I am truly grateful .. But to the point is that u have to do this always for yourself it is the most important thing and friends honestly I've lost many only bc as one of u ladies say I was doing good things for myself I lost 38 lbs before surgery in 2 1/2 mths but cutting all bad food out n Water and fuze slenderized as my only beverage .. You all can do this and be very proud of yourselves bc only strong women and men can truly do this surgery and be happy and successful xoxo

You are already beautiful from what I can make out of your picture. So think of it this way' date=' as your weight comes off your friends, or some of them, will look at you as competition, they will become jealous, they'll be envious, and the list of issues can go on. Even some husbands can become stupid, because they think you are losing for another man, remember they love you as you were. They become scared, but will they admit that probably not. Just remember if happens to you, then they weren't your friends.[/quote']

I'm dealing with the jealous hubby that has the nerves to say you think your all that cuz your skinny or you don't eat now. What? I eat all the time if I'm sick or dealing with Migraine I vomit & don't eat most times but don't get it wrong. I eat everyday that's an occasionally time if I don't eat. I don't starve willing. I love eating Lolz