Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery was Tuesday and I'm still in soooooo much pain!!!!!! I can't move without feeling like I'm dying!

Hi Janel129

I had my bypass on Tuesday too, discharged home today with soluble pain meds. Still in some pain and not had a bm yet, which might not be helping matters. You at home yet?

Take those pain meds and if they don't work ask for something that does... there is no reason why anyone should be in pain.

Yeah ask for something different ...even if it's only for a few days.

Hi Janel129

I had my bypass on Tuesday too' date=' discharged home today with soluble pain meds. Still in some pain and not had a bm yet, which might not be helping matters. You at home yet?[/quote']

They sent me home the very next day!!!!! I still have a drainage tube in my side but sitting in the er right now! Apparently my small bowl has absorbed air from the surgery which is causing the severe pain!

Hi Janel

How you feeling? Is the pain under control now? Hope your doing ok. Bx

Hi Janel

How you feeling? Is the pain under control now? Hope your doing ok. Bx

Still not feeling great!!!! And I can't sleep!!!!! The Jp tube in my side is killing me and still bleeding!! Can't wait to have it out on Wednesday! I'm having upper right thigh numbness too!!!! On the plus side I'm eating apple sauce, cream of wheat, mashed potatoes!! Enough with me how are u feeling now?????

Sorry your still in pain. I'm still taking the pain meds. Only feel like I've done 500 sit ups now! Am allowed to take my dressings off tomorrow and see what they look like. Think they should be ok as they don't appear to be leaking. Also, my nurse is phoning tomorrow. I've been more sleepy today than all over the weekend, perhaps it's because everyone has gone back to work today and I've been on my own most of the day. I'm having Weetabix for Breakfast, mashed potato with grated cheese for lunch and Soup and yogurt for tea. Sometimes I think I'm hungry, but I have a drink and the feeling goes away! Bx

Sorry your still in pain. I'm still taking the pain meds. Only feel like I've done 500 sit ups now! Am allowed to take my dressings off tomorrow and see what they look like. Think they should be ok as they don't appear to be leaking. Also' date=' my nurse is phoning tomorrow. I've been more sleepy today than all over the weekend, perhaps it's because everyone has gone back to work today and I've been on my own most of the day. I'm having Weetabix for breakfast, mashed potato with grated cheese for lunch and Soup and yogurt for tea. Sometimes I think I'm hungry, but I have a drink and the feeling goes away! Bx[/quote']

Hey I sent u a message! How are u feeling now??? Are u feeling back to normal yet?

Hi Janel

I haven't got a message that I can tell! But that might just be me :-) feeling ok, still feel as though I am bruised inside every now and again. Still bit concerned over feeling hungry and the fact that I could eat a whole plate of food! Haven't tried though, so guess that's a good thing. Went for a trip earlier, and walked around costco then had to have a lie down this afternoon. Had a bout of diarrhoea while in costco and had to run to the bathroom. First time that has happened!

Finally lost 2lb today, so hoping things have started moving now going to keep everything crossed!

How you doing ? Feeling any better now? Hope your doing ok, how is your weight loss going?

Bx

Hi Janel

I haven't got a message that I can tell! But that might just be me :-) feeling ok' date=' still feel as though I am bruised inside every now and again. Still bit concerned over feeling hungry and the fact that I could eat a whole plate of food! Haven't tried though, so guess that's a good thing. Went for a trip earlier, and walked around costco then had to have a lie down this afternoon. Had a bout of diarrhoea while in costco and had to run to the bathroom. First time that has happened!

Finally lost 2lb today, so hoping things have started moving now going to keep everything crossed!

How you doing ? Feeling any better now? Hope your doing ok, how is your weight loss going?

Bx[/quote']

So I went to my one week apt and got weighed and am down 17 pounds!!!! I'm still crazy sore!!!! My stomach is completely bruised all over and my right side is so hurting still. I had that drain in my side that was taken out thankfully! The weigh loss was from my weigh in one week before surgery and before my liquid diet so I'm sure that helped too!!!! I also feel like I could still eat tons! I also haven't tried, too scared to throw it back up!

So I went to my one week apt and got weighed and am down 17 pounds!!!! I'm still crazy sore!!!! My stomach is completely bruised all over and my right side is so hurting still. I had that drain in my side that was taken out thankfully! The weigh loss was from my weigh in one week before surgery and before my liquid diet so I'm sure that helped too!!!! I also feel like I could still eat tons! I also haven't tried' date=' too scared to throw it back up![/quote']

So glad you had your appointment and it went well. Must be good to have the drain out? Well done on the weight loss, you must be very pleased. I was pleased my scales moved today, seems worth it - even if it was only two pounds! I have also lost the weight I put on while in hospital, so anything from now on is me! Yippeeee

I don't go back and see my surgeon until five weeks, things are done differently in the uk I guess. I do have their number though, so I can contact them if I have any queries or concerns.

Bx

Still not feeling great!!!! And I can't sleep!!!!! The Jp tube in my side is killing me and still bleeding!! Can't wait to have it out on Wednesday! I'm having upper right thigh numbness too!!!! On the plus side I'm eating apple sauce' date=' cream of wheat, mashed potatoes!! Enough with me how are u feeling now?????[/quote']

How is the numbness in your upper right thigh. I too have this. My surgeon said that 4 or 5 patients every year in his practice experience this. It is based on how you were positioned on the operating table and where they placed the straps to secure you to the table. He said it could take months for it to go away, it is really annoying, but of all the complications one could have, guess it isn't a bad one. Hope you are doing ok.

How is the numbness in your upper right thigh. I too have this. My surgeon said that 4 or 5 patients every year in his practice experience this. It is based on how you were positioned on the operating table and where they placed the straps to secure you to the table. He said it could take months for it to go away' date=' it is really annoying, but of all the complications one could have, guess it isn't a bad one. Hope you are doing ok.[/quote']

It is still there not as bad as it was but if I sit a certain way or lay flat I get the pins and needles in my thigh!!!! Extremely annoying!!!! I'm hoping it goes away soon!!!!