Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am officially on the loser's bench! :-)

Had my surgery this morning, everything went smoothly. Was in my room by 1pm and took my first walk by 1:30. I didn't make it very far, about a hundred feet, because I was a little unsteady and nauseous. Pain level about a 5 or 6 but not from the surgery. It was the damn gas. Slept for three hours (dreamt of drinking water). Made some phone calls, then took my second walk, two laps around the halls this time! :-) Pain on a scale of 1 - 10 is around 2.

So far so good! Biggest issue I am having is thirst but I can live with it. :-) Nursing staff is awesome, by the way. Love Toby Hosp.

Feel well...

Thats great!!!!!!

Awesome! Congrats!!

Terry1118

I'm having my surgery done at Toby next week and I'm SUPER nervous. It's good to know that everything went well tho. Who is your surgeon? Hope you feel better!!!

Congrats best wishes

Had my surgery this morning' date=' everything went smoothly. Was in my room by 1pm and took my first walk by 1:30. I didn't make it very far, about a hundred feet, because I was a little unsteady and nauseous. Pain level about a 5 or 6 but not from the surgery. It was the damn gas. Slept for three hours (dreamt of drinking water). Made some phone calls, then took my second walk, two laps around the halls this time! :-) Pain on a scale of 1 - 10 is around 2.

So far so good! Biggest issue I am having is thirst but I can live with it. :-) Nursing staff is awesome, by the way. Love Toby Hosp.[/quote']

I had my surgery today as well. I've had one walk so far and have done pretty well. Pain isn't too bad and the ice chips have been great for my mouth. Didn't eat anything they brought me for lunch or dinner.

The most miserable part was when I first woke up and the pain pump wasn't really doing its job yet and it hurt. I was also very nauseous and threw up what looked like blood. They gave me phernagan and that stopped the nausea. Of course though its made me very sleepy and so has the morphine. I've slept a lot.

Hot right now and they are supposedly getting me a fan.

It only gets better from here on! I go for 3month post op tomorrow and its been easy going. Congrats on start of your new YOU!

Terry1118

I'm having my surgery done at Toby next week and I'm SUPER nervous. It's good to know that everything went well tho. Who is your surgeon? Hope you feel better!!!

My surgeon is Dr Colocchio. My experience here has been wonderful so far. Awesome nurses!

I'm sipping on a medicine cup of Water and it's like HEAVEN after feeling so dry yesterday. They weighed me this morning and I was up 13lbs. Thank you to everyone who talked about this. I was mentally prepared for it and I know it's only all the fluids they've given me since yesterday morning. I literally have NO PAIN at all right now, and I haven't needed the morphine since last night! I keep waiting for it to be more painful. Could it be I am one of the lucky ones?

Congrats!!! And welcome to the loser's bench!!! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Nice!! I have Dr Streeter. He's a really nice guy. Thanks for the info on the nurses. That's calming my nerves a little. Feel better!! ????

YEA!!! so happy everything is going so well... sip walk rest repeat!!!!

Pain is still minimal. I slept really good last night. I took a shower this morning and that felt awesome, too! The bandages are off and the incisions look good. Now the gurgly gas is starting, my insides are all rumbling and the gas is coming out. Not painfull though. I hate this bloated feeling from all the liquids but the nurses assured me it'll be gone in a week or so. I wonder... is the Fluid retension the reason they make you take off your wedding ring?

All in all I feel pretty good, better than I expected for two days out. Hope it continues on. Hope everyone else is feeling good, too!