Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is this thursday and I was just informed of that date on thursday last week. I didn't have time to prepare for a "pre-op" diet....today is sunday and I have surgery in 5 days. i'm worried that I haven't started the diet yet.

They tried to schedule mine and I asked for 2 weeks to start the diet. They gave it to me...but you know...not everyone has to do it. If you aren't terribly big, you might not need the diet. Did you call and ask?

I didn't have to have a pre-op diet. Did they tell you that you had to specifically go on liquids or anything like that? If not usually you just have to eat/drink nothing after midnight the night before surgery....

I doubt your surgeons office would have scheduled your surgery if they had a prerequisite of a 2 week liquid diet.... Call them Tuesday and ask them

I doubt your surgeons office would have scheduled your surgery if they had a prerequisite of a 2 week liquid diet.... Call them Tuesday and ask them

I thought I would have to do a liquid pre op diet, too. I planned for it. I was sort of disappointed (weird, huh?). I decided to do something like it anyway, to jump start my weight loss and help me start implementing a real change in my eating. Since last Monday I've been following this:

6am - Protein shake

9am - Greek yogurt

11-1 (actual time varies by work schedule) - Protein Shake

3pm - snack, humus or Greek yogurt

5pm - Protein Shake

7pm - tilapia and steamed green veggie (broc, Beans, or asparagus)

I try to drink three 23.7 oz bottles of Water every day, and have my Vitamin routine down.,

I've lost four pounds since last Monday. :-)

I thought I would have to do a liquid pre op diet, too. I planned for it. I was sort of disappointed (weird, huh?). I decided to do something like it anyway, to jump start my weight loss and help me start implementing a real change in my eating. Since last Monday I've been following this:

6am - Protein shake

9am - Greek yogurt

11-1 (actual time varies by work schedule) - Protein Shake

3pm - snack, humus or Greek yogurt

5pm - Protein shake

7pm - tilapia and steamed green veggie (broc, Beans, or asparagus)

I try to drink three 23.7 oz bottles of Water every day, and have my Vitamin routine down.,

I've lost four pounds since last Monday. :-)

I have the same diet plan and I started my diet almost 2 weeks ago.

My surgery date is this thursday and I was just informed of that date on thursday last week. I didn't have time to prepare for a "pre-op" diet....today is sunday and I have surgery in 5 days. i'm worried that I haven't started the diet yet.

Everyone does not have to have a pre-op diet. I would call the nurse or doctor to make sure. If you had to do diet, I sure they would have told you.

My doctor doesn't require a pre-op diet. I almost wish he did because I have the last supper syndrome really bad. My surgery is June 26

I would suggest you start your own clear preop diet. But all programs r different and you should consult with them. Make sure you trust doctor 150%

My doctor doesn't require a pre-op diet. I almost wish he did because I have the last supper syndrome really bad. My surgery is June 26

It's not too late to stop the last supper thing. Just try to think of food differently. For me my food relationship has been like being in an abusive relationship. I love food, especially the things that are bad for me. These foods in return have not been good to me, making me gain weight and develope health issues. So I am 'breaking up' with these foods and, with the aid of WLS, I will lose the unhealthy weight. I will be starting a new happier relationship with healthier foods that are good FOR me and good TO me. It is not about giving up food all together. It is about having a tool that enables you to make better choices, first of necessity, then by choice. :-)

So start your own pre-op diet. What you lose will be that much less you'll need to lose, your body will get used to eating better things at regular times. And you won't feel guilt over 'last suppers'. But if you really want to indulge, do it! Not daily but perhaps once a week. Then your 'last supper' is more like a last supper than a month-long binge! Good luck!

It's not too late to stop the last supper thing. Just try to think of food differently. For me my food relationship has been like being in an abusive relationship. I love food, especially the things that are bad for me. These foods in return have not been good to me, making me gain weight and develope health issues. So I am 'breaking up' with these foods and, with the aid of WLS, I will lose the unhealthy weight. I will be starting a new happier relationship with healthier foods that are good FOR me and good TO me. It is not about giving up food all together. It is about having a tool that enables you to make better choices, first of necessity, then by choice. :-)

So start your own pre-op diet. What you lose will be that much less you'll need to lose, your body will get used to eating better things at regular times. And you won't feel guilt over 'last suppers'. But if you really want to indulge, do it! Not daily but perhaps once a week. Then your 'last supper' is more like a last supper than a month-long binge! Good luck!

I'm not sure how to reply to posts on this forum so hope this works. Very well said. I had to have 3 months of supervised nutrition for my insurance company. I lost about 15 lbs following a conservative diet..... then found out my doctor does not require a pre-op liquid diet... simply that you must have a light meal the night before and nothing after 12pm. Anyhow with my 50th birthday, my hubby's birthday, my daughters birthday and then Memorial day in such short order... it has been like one big party. Now it is time to get back to business and get back on the nutrition plan using myfitnesspal. About a week before I might do a liquid diet like some of the ones I have read about.

I didn't have a pre op diet, so don't worry. Some Drs don't require them.