Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon scared me. Help!

I had my 3 month appointment today. I thought I was doing good in losing 53 lbs since surgery. He told me the general rule is that you lose half of what you wil lost total in the first 3 months, which means I'd only lose a little over 100 lbs total. I have NEVER heard this before. Has anyone else heard this? Have you found this to be your experience? I know I definitely don't work out nearly as much as I should so i will be stepping that up but I'm hoping he was just trying to scare me into motivation.

I have never heard that. I can not remember what i had lost at three months, but fairly certain I was around where you are. I have lost 116. I am a size 2. Just calm down and make it your mission to prove him wrong. My doc said that losing 70lbs I was considered a success and I have surpassed that!

Thanks. I hope he was wrong because I feel like a total failure at this right now :(

Don't - you are doing great. 53 pounds was never possible in 3 months before the surgery. Rather than feeling down about this - go have a Rocky moment and say I am going to prove that know it all doctor wrong. Reach for your goals and don't let someone tear them down!!!

No, that's ridiculous. I have no idea. I've never heard that before and I was told you'd lose most of your weight during the honeymoon phase and that would be 6 months to a year. If you had 145 pounds to lose...that would mean you'd have to lose 49 POUNDS A MONTH. Who loses that? Nobody. Maybe he accidentally said the wrong thing.

:huh: Craziest thing I've heard in awhile.. lol

I was told that the fastest weight loss was in the first three to six months, then gradually slowing down until tapering off at the twelve to eighteen month point. You can maximize your weight loss by increasing exercise during the first six months when the weight is practically falling off. This also tones out-of-shape muscles that also add to a healthy appearance. Increased exercise, combined with low appetite and low food intake make this the most successful phase of the weight loss journey. Exercising now will hep you develop good habits for a healthy future. I was told that if you don't work on good exercise and eating habits the weight will gradually come back... The last thing any of us want!

I sure hope this isn't true!! I had surgery 10/29/12 then gallbladder surgery 12/29/12 then 3 weeks ago a total hysterectomy so I really haven't been able to exercise much!!! As 20 weeks out of my 6 1/2 months post op has been healing and can only walk!!

I didn't hear that & in fact when my bariatric surgeon see me he will say I lost 100% of my weight. I'm sure he will be proud of my progress.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches