Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so I don't have a date just yet, I have my last weigh in on 5/30. However, I do want to start preparing my self for surgery. I work full time and I have four small children. I am married but my husband does work....Does anyone have suggestions or tips of what I can do to ensure that my recovery is as easy as possible?

Okay so I don't have a date just yet' date=' I have my last weigh in on 5/30. However, I do want to start preparing my self for surgery. I work full time and I have four small children. I am married but my husband does work....Does anyone have suggestions or tips of what I can do to ensure that my recovery is as easy as possible?[/quote']

Get ur post op foods ready &all in place along with soft /pureed food , Jello, juices , etc. Get laundry and cleaning done in advance , pack loose clothing for hospital trip , book/magazine ready. Try &get routine for spouse and kids , chore list ready for s month so they ca n help w/things.

That is a good idea

Get ur post op foods ready &all in place along with soft /pureed food , Jello, juices , etc. Get laundry and cleaning done in advance , pack loose clothing for hospital trip , book/magazine ready. Try &get routine for spouse and kids , chore list ready for s month so they ca n help w/things.

I like the this idea. So pretty much prepare just as I did before I was getting ready to give birth. However, being that I may be out of commission a little longer I need to set up a more organized routine for chores. Then to just make things a little less crazy perhaps I should get paper plates and cups to decrease the amount of dishes that need to be washed. I could also do freezer meals for the first few weeks.

That is a good idea

I like the this idea. So pretty much prepare just as I did before I was getting ready to give birth. However' date=' being that I may be out of commission a little longer I need to set up a more organized routine for chores. Then to just make things a little less crazy perhaps I should get paper plates and cups to decrease the amount of dishes that need to be washed. I could also do freezer meals for the first few weeks.[/quote']

Yes prepare dinners ur husband can defrost a nd heat up maybe a chore chart for children like picking up toys, laundry, homework , trash, but grt your Protein &foods ready also remember you are the patient. Ask kids to act like ur dr /nurse make it a game of help on ur part.

Where are you located? Maybe find someone who can come by and help ya out?

I'm in CT and I have family around.....it's just everyone is so busy. So maybe I will have my mother, aunt, and sister visit to help out a bit. It's hard to for me to ask for help but I need to suck it out and ask.

im going to dr today looking for possible date, I understand ppl should sleep in a recliner if possible for first 3days but each person is different, do what works best for you. thankfully my children are grown & gone & I have a recliner to myself my husband can use couch to sit on,lol. im already preparing well ahead of time w/ things to be done around here because we also have 47 acre farm to attend to about 1hr from our home ,so lots to keep up in advance. try & make a sticker chart for small kids & let them put stickers on as they help you ,possibly reward them after healing is done by taking them to local zoo or something inexpensive in several wks

I have 3 children an have an Jon home day care. My husband is active duty army and I have been a stress case about the what ifs after surgery. My surgery date is June 14th. Luckily my sister lives with me to help out on her days off work. I will be making 2 weeks of dinners frozen in the freezer. My husband does the cleaning except dishes and my twin 11 year olds do the laundry. So I'm hoping that between me making their dinners and my 8 daycare kids and my 3 kids things will go smoothly. I can't afford to take 2 weeks off from my job so I'm going to have to tough it out with my husbands help.

Just prepare like your bringing a baby home maybe get meals made for your little ones and freeze them also get them some easy to make food for them for the days you feel poop and stock uo ob suger free drinks because Fluid is the most important and here ie what I took to the hospital

#1 comfy pajama pants

#2 head phones in case you have a annoying roommate

#3 shower items

#4 clean socks and underwear

#5 hairbrush you wanna look good roaming the halls

Good list for the hospital!!!!! My only concern is our bed is about 4.5 feet off the ground so when I come home ill be couch bound for a few days

Good list for the hospital!!!!! My only concern is our bed is about 4.5 feet off the ground so when I come home ill be couch bound for a few days

I slept on the couch for about 4 days my bed is also about that tall but I slept on the couch because I couldn't lay flat

Try sleeping in a recliner if available I hear its easier first 3days since we we ont be able to sleep on our bellys.

I will have to sleep on the couch as well...my bed is pretty low to the floor and my hubby and 2 yr old are wild sleepers. Yes my 2 yr old is still in our bed.....we are working on it.... My couch is rather uncomfortable so hopefully I won't have to be out there too long.

I will have to sleep on the couch as well...my bed is pretty low to the floor and my hubby and 2 yr old are wild sleepers. Yes my 2 yr old is still in our bed.....we are working on it.... My couch is rather uncomfortable so hopefully I won't have to be out there too long.

I'm sure I will be in recliner cause our couch reclines also but will harder to get out of , its kinsa like theatre seating .