Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am near the end of month 4 from a 6 month supervised diet. I haven't lost or gained any weight until this month. I have gained 3 lbs. My eating is getting out of control. Ahhhh!!!

I'm hoping not eating very much this week before weigh in will make a difference.

You need will power. Just try your best remember over eating is what got us fat to begin with & eating the wrong food. Remember WLS is only a tool to help us with Portion Control. If we over eat it force our self we will regain & then WLS ends up not working since we figure we can do what we want but no.

Stick to your diet and yes tomorrow is another day but also don't tell your self tomorrow and then tomorrow cuz we end up messing things up & in the long run after surgery we will fail if we think tomorrow we will start fresh again.

What keeps me positive is my tiny body. Control portion even if I think I could have another bite nothing feels better then my size 2 jeans & my small shirts. I keep extremely active & I do a lot of things that's not food related. Cross word puzzle my chores walk around many things. We need to get out of the food issue. So we never return to be obese again. I was happy when my doctor took off the word obese from my chart.

My issue is two things. First I eat to stay awake. I go from 6am till past midnight most days and rely on food to keep me awake. And second it seems everyone only wants to do things that involve food, cook outs, getting a shake somewhere, stopping to have Breakfast, birthday potlucks....blah

I don't know how to have a social gathering that doesn't involve food

I see don't you hate that ugh! Stay away or carry your own food. I know your waiting for surgery but this is what I do & I'm 11 months post up

I have cashews peanuts almond packages in my car since I'm always on the go I make sure I have Snacks. I also have beef jerky(need to put some in the car) nabisco 100 calories snack mix I bought 100 calorie pretzel stix. It's not really a calorie thing is more of the fact that since I no longer eat like before small packages its easy for me to have & not waste on a big big of Snacks. Bought jif to go haven't used it yet. I sometimes carry apple sauce like a little child in my purse lmbo squeeze and wala. I'm afraid of passing out/fainting so I make sure I have snacks & I gotta remember Water.

You have to want something bad enough to stick with your diet. I know it is hard but it is also teaching you self control. As Mamiof3Kids said above, this surgery is only a tool it is not a cure. The ONLY way this surgery works is for you to have self control, diet, Portion Control and exercise. It is very easy right after surgery because you can't stand food but as the months pass and you are healed that is when you need self control to stick to your eating plan and exercise because it is very easy to fall back into bad habits and you will be right back where you started and you would have surgery for nothing.

Please be strong and maybe add exercise to your weight loss plan. If you are at a function where there is food make choices for the healthy foods, salads, veggies, etc. and watch your portion control. Good luck and you can do it !!!!

I was exercising up until this month. We bought a house and it requires a ton of work so that's where all my free time goes

I can honestly say that it is so hard. I have about 0 will power but I have to rework my way of thinking. I look at a candy at and think that is 2 hours on the treadmill... Or is that drink worth one judgmental look or second thought? That's the only way I can do it

Mamiof3kids and bbdoodle are exactly right with everything they've said. The more control you get now the better you will be. It's going to be hard but it's worth it. When I was pre op, I printed pictures of myself and put them all around my house. One in my car and one in my wallet. I was seeing myself as I was and I hated it. Made me do what I needed to get into the mindset I needed.

I had 12 days from the time my surgery was approved to the day I had surgery and Thanksgiving was 4 days prior to my surgery. While everyone was having a huge Thanksgiving feast...I was having a 1/2 c of applesauce and a cheese stick. I had 3 Thanksgiving and did that all 3 times. That will give you some will power!!!!

Carry Protein mixes with you, Protein Bars, low calorie Snacks, nuts, Jerky....this will all help.

Start to measure your food, chew 30-40 times, don't drink while you eat and your recommended minutes before and after, and exercise as much as you can. If you get used to this now and keep at it no matter what, this will be so much easier on you. Make time to exercise....put it in your schedule and stick with it.

I wish each of you good luck with your surgeries and your pre op diets. This will not be easy but the more you prepare yourself the better it will be. One last piece of advice....read the posts in the post op section. You will learn a lot from real people and their experiences. I wish I would have.

HW: 331 SW: 11/26/12 319lbs CW: 225 05/03/13 GW: 157