Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are varying degrees but a full fledged dump is hell....for me, I got weak, shaky (I couldn't hold a cup to drink my hands were shaking so badly), terrible headache, felt like i was going to throw up, diarrhea, heart RACING, profuse sweating, and ravenously hungry.....and by weak I mean lay down where you are and not lift your head because it takes too much effort and you just can't do it....there was absolutely no question what was happening, not a moment of ' hmmm I wonder if I'm dumping' hit me like a train.....I've had that occur once. As I've played with food I've had a few episodes similar but much more minor, get queasy, heart races,feel really tired, headachy....all carb related. Those are to fun but they are NOTHING compared to that first big bad boy????

Hope you NEVER experience it!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219

There are varying degrees but a full fledged dump is hell....for me' date=' I got weak, shaky (I couldn't hold a cup to drink my hands were shaking so badly), terrible headache, felt like i was going to throw up, diarrhea, heart RACING, profuse sweating, and ravenously hungry.....and by weak I mean lay down where you are and not lift your head because it takes too much effort and you just can't do it....there was absolutely no question what was happening, not a moment of ' hmmm I wonder if I'm dumping' hit me like a train.....I've had that occur once. As I've played with food I've had a few episodes similar but much more minor, get queasy, heart races,feel really tired, headachy....all carb related. Those are to fun but they are NOTHING compared to that first big bad boy????

Hope you NEVER experience it!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219[/quote']

Sounds awful what was it that u ate ?

Cream of wheat. I was 3-4 weeks post-op,it was approved, I had about 1/2 a cup, but I hadn't eaten anything else all morning, had no Protein in my system at all and it was just to large of a carb lad for my system. After experimenting, I now know I can eat ream of wheat but I have to have t least 1/2 of a Protein shake first....the Protein balances out the carbs and prevents the crash.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219

Cream of wheat. I was 3-4 weeks post-op' date='it was approved, I had about 1/2 a cup, but I hadn't eaten anything else all morning, had no Protein in my system at all and it was just to large of a carb lad for my system. After experimenting, I now know I can eat ream of wheat but I have to have t least 1/2 of a Protein shake first....the protein balances out the carbs and prevents the crash.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 219[/quote']

Gotcha that makes sense

Yep what she said. It's like a cross between morning sickness, being drunk and being hungover all at the same time.

I got violently sick and laid down almost passed out on the bathroom floor for about 45 minutes. Once I worked up the energy to crawl from my bathroom to my couch, I felt a little better, but I needed to rest on the couch for about 3 hours.

What exactly does dumping feel like?

I posted this a while back but it might help you understand dumping a little better -

Dumping the Confusion About Dumping

Ssy times I want to experiment with foods and cakes top see if I'll dump... so far I have not. I took a bite size piece of a baby.Ruth candy bar and waited to see what would happen. Nothing

Ssy times I want to experiment with foods and cakes top see if I'll dump... so far I have not. I took a bite size piece of a baby.Ruth candy bar and waited to see what would happen. Nothing

It typically takes a decent carb load to cause dumping and it typically is simple carbs. a bite or two or cake or baby Ruth is likely not enough to cause it. A full sized baby Ruth has 39 carbs, my guess is, IF you're a dumper, you'd have to eat at least 1/2 a candy bar if not more. You may never dump, but be careful and don't push your luck!

Thanks soccer mom... I feel like you're the mother of this board along with a few others. By any chance was any one prescribed pepcid for 3 months

I think I just dumped...Man O Man..Not a good feeling at all..Mouth got salty and waterly ..My stomach was cramping so bad I had to get on my knees and pray...I ate some lite yogurt.NEVER AGAIN ...Dr approved it. Just because he approved it doesnt mean I can eat it.LESSONED LEARNED..

Cream of wheat. I was 3-4 weeks post-op' date='it was approved, I had about 1/2 a cup, but I hadn't eaten anything else all morning, had no Protein in my system at all and it was just to large of a carb lad for my system. After experimenting, I now know I can eat ream of wheat but I have to have t least 1/2 of a Protein shake first....the Protein balances out the carbs and prevents the crash.

Cream of wheat was recently removed from my doctor's list of approved foods. Maybe that's why...

Thanks soccer mom... I feel like you're the mother of this board along with a few others. By any chance was any one prescribed pepcid for 3 months

Yes...I have to take prescription Pepcid for three months to "protect the pouch".