Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

I can have toast or crackers' date=' no fresh bread.I eat pretzel thins with my hummus. There's lots of recipes floating around the site. I cook a lot of seared scallops and tilapia with lemon thyme. I'm not great at measuring things but let me know and I'll forward recipes.[/quote']

I would love any fish recipes. I cook everything, except fish. Never have and really want to start. Would appreciate any tips on cooking fish anyone has!

I'm 1 week post op and I am doing so much better. Taking Vitamins ok' date=' eating 3 meals a day, getting out and walking as much as I can. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm down 20 lbs. Hope I continue to bring it![/quote']

That is awesome! Keep it up!

New to site. Surgery was May 31st. All went well. I think the tube was my worst pain. Released to go home on Monday. By Tuesday I started having bad upper back pains and thought it was gas pain. Ended up in the ER with a blood clot in my lung...obviously back in the hospital now. I did everything right...took my blood thinners...walked all the time. I never had any doubts about this surgery until now. Feeling really low. Anyone else know of someone with similar issues with clots?

Prayers for u and a speedy recovery. Didn't have a clot but was my biggest fear. Get well soon!!

Has anybody tried mushrooms and how did ur pouch cope with them ?

Ya I did this before surgery too so I was kind of hoping it would not do it the same way. I have been watching my calories and my Protein. Yesterday I didn't get enough in but today I'm eating lower calorie foods and more protein and I got back on the elliptical this evening! So maybe that will do the trick!

I have read so many posts about the week-3 stall, that it doesn't surprise me. If you are like me, you have tried quite a few diets. My body did this stabilizing routine before, so I guess this is just the way it goes. Good luck!

10 days out and down 13lb woohoo

I'm three weeks out and down 32 lbs!!! Feeling so good. I hope you are all doing well!

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 241 GW: 135

That's great! What have you been doing exercise wise and what have you been eating?

Walking for now:)

I'm three weeks out and down 32 lbs!!! Feeling so good. I hope you are all doing well!

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 241 GW: 135

That's great Debbie! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Prayers for u and a speedy recovery. Didn't have a clot but was my biggest fear. Get well soon!!

Because I had PE in December, my surgeon had an IVC Filter placed in my vena cava (main vein) to avoid the risk of blood clots breaking off to your heart or lungs, I will also be on Lovanox injections for 30 days as a precautionary (my surgery is June 10th). If you ever had a history of blood clots you should have been treated for that before surgery. If not, why weren't you on injections for a few weeks after surgery, they work faster than the pill. Did they do a Doppler on both legs before surgery, or X-ray? If not, this would have prevented the PE. I hope you feel better.

Has anybody tried mushrooms and how did ur pouch cope with them ?

Yeah I have had mushrooms. Just be careful they are more rubbery and take extra chewing.

I am 10 days out and down 17 pounds! Just today go my taste buds back, so stuff tastes the way it is supposed to! Cleared for soft foods so I am heading out for groceries in the am. My mom has been so kind to cook for my husband in addition to her family for the past month so I didn't have to cook or smell food, but I am ready to get back into the kitchen, even though can only eat a bite or two. Will be good to get back to the routine!

I have read so many posts about the week-3 stall' date=' that it doesn't surprise me. If you are like me, you have tried quite a few diets. My body did this stabilizing routine before, so I guess this is just the way it goes. Good luck![/quote']

I lost a little bit ths am but I don't know if the stall is broken or not!! They say if you are stalled then you need to up the Protein and workouts but how do you up the Protein. I've been eating as much as I can. 1 turkey meatball at a time!! Lol. I'm sure it will start going down again. Just when.