Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had the seminar last night. Got a call today, have a consult with a physician on the 20th. If things go like the surgeon at the seminar said, I could be starting my journey very soon!!

I started my journey April 19th. I had my initial visit then and started my 6 month supervision on May 1st. If all goes as planned I'm looking to have a December surgery. :-) We will be fairly close to each other! Best of luck to you!!!!

I just started seeing the doc too. But I'm having 2nd thoughts bc I'm very high risk for complications, I have a lot of scar tissue from other surgeries and the doc said my case is unique, so scared of bad things happening not sure I can go thru with it.

I forgot to mention I have to have an open surgery so its going to be longer healing process and pain filled.

I forgot to mention I have to have an open surgery so its going to be longer healing process and pain filled.

why do they have to do it open? did they tell you?

I started my journey April 19th. I had my initial visit then and started my 6 month supervision on May 1st. If all goes as planned I'm looking to have a December surgery. :-) We will be fairly close to each other! Best of luck to you!!!!

My surgeon told me I might not have to do the 6 months because my BMI is over 50. But we will see what happens on the 20th

My surgeon told me I might not have to do the 6 months because my BMI is over 50. But we will see what happens on the 20th

Good luck! You should call your insurance to see what their guidelines are, they might ease your mind a little. I work for my insurance company so I know for sure I have to do 6 months supervised diet and psych eval regardless of my BMI, which is 49. Luckily I don't need a sleep study, that was my biggest fear.

I just started seeing the doc too. But I'm having 2nd thoughts bc I'm very high risk for complications' date=' I have a lot of scar tissue from other surgeries and the doc said my case is unique, so scared of bad things happening not sure I can go thru with it.[/quote']

What complications are you facing, if you don't mind me asking.

I have so much scar tissue from having my spleen removed and will have to have drains placed and due to having the lapband it perforated my stomach when it was placed and had to have emergency surgery to remove it 4days after it was placed and high risk of blood clots bc I had one before and high risk for infection apparently bc the surgery will have to be open instead of laproscopic. Since there is so much scar tissue I have a higher risk for leaks which can lead to infection and she told me I could be in the hospital for weeks and b moved to a long term facility if that happens. Just not sure I wanna take any of these risks..having second thoughts

I have so much scar tissue from having my spleen removed and will have to have drains placed and due to having the lapband it perforated my stomach when it was placed and had to have emergency surgery to remove it 4days after it was placed and high risk of blood clots bc I had one before and high risk for infection apparently bc the surgery will have to be open instead of laproscopic. Since there is so much scar tissue I have a higher risk for leaks which can lead to infection and she told me I could be in the hospital for weeks and b moved to a long term facility if that happens. Just not sure I wanna take any of these risks..having second thoughts

Oh that does sound a bit scary. Good thing they told you all that up front so you do know what to expect if you decide to go through with it. Whatever choice you make will be the right choice for you. It's your body and you only get one! Best of luck in your decision!

why do they have to do it open? did they tell you?

bec bebecause there is so much scar tissue from having my spleen removed