Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many questions, no one to ask!

I sort of miss this but the reward is so great it's worth it! I'm 17 days out and down 26 pounds ( 10 of those pre surgery) and feel great. I was so scared about this because me and my partner and family always bonded and spent time together doing things that involved food so I didn't know what we'd do but have found much better ways to spend time with my family:)

I just said that to my husband about mothers day coming up we always plan things around a meal like he'll take.me out for dinner for my b'day or mothers day he always bbqs a seafood feast cuz that's my favorite and i mean a feast lol so now he bought concert tickets for kid rock in september and we are gonna have to learn to do activities instead of.just going out to.eat so we are planning on going to the waterpark and bushkill falls and stuff like that

I just said that to my husband about mothers day coming up we always plan things around a meal like he'll take.me out for dinner for my b'day or mothers day he always bbqs a seafood feast cuz that's my favorite and i mean a feast lol so now he bought concert tickets for kid rock in september and we are gonna have to learn to do activities instead of.just going out to.eat so we are planning on going to the waterpark and bushkill falls and stuff like that

That is awesome! I can already say I have actually enjoyed life more in the few activities I have done post recovery than I ever did before:) it's like this whole other world that doesn't center around food opens up and it's great and I actually want to be there:) I'm super excited for you!

He can still do the seafood for you. That is healthy for you to have! And so yummy! Our family bonds with food and drink as well. When we get together, its beer and pizza. Gonna be hard to watch next time we have a family day. Those are two of my favorite things. :( I think finding other activites is great, part of our whole life change. I would LOVE to see Kid Rock by the way!

I'm in ny with bcbs min was 4 months start to finish an they counted my previous diet attempts and weight with the doctor. Also depends on which procedure you choose. I chose gastric bypass so I don't have to loose weight before hand and my i was 41 so I couldn't really loose just maintain. It was the easiest surgery I ever had and would totally do it again. Down 47 lbs in two months. My skin is looking pretty good and I'm 50!! Lotion lotion lotion!

I called my insurance company this morning and they said it is 12 months supervised weigh ins from a doctor and I have to join weight watchers nutrasystem or something comparable for the 12 months. I will only have my insurance until October of this year. But I have secondary state Medicaid which only requires 6months of weigh ins and weight watchers... Now to decide to cancel my bcbs now and start the process or wait until October..

I called my insurance company this morning and they said it is 12 months supervised weigh ins from a doctor and I have to join weight watchers nutrasystem or something comparable for the 12 months. I will only have my insurance until October of this year. But I have secondary state Medicaid which only requires 6months of weigh ins and weight watchers... Now to decide to cancel my bcbs now and start the process or wait until October..

I would go thru the state

He can still do the seafood for you. That is healthy for you to have! And so yummy! Our family bonds with food and drink as well. When we get together' date=' its beer and pizza. Gonna be hard to watch next time we have a family day. Those are two of my favorite things. :( I think finding other activites is great, part of our whole life change. I would LOVE to see Kid Rock by the way![/quote']

He prob will do seafood just on a much much smaller scale lol i saw on tv kid rock was lowering all his tickets to $20 because he said artists were charging way too much for concerts so i looked and their was one local for $24 im sure the venue had their own fees but still $24 isnt bad so im super excited :)

I'm so excited and scared and irritated all at the same time. I know this is the best/last choice for me but I'm so scared at how much I'm letting my LOVE for food affect my judgement! I wouldn't say I am an emotional eater although I am getting emotional about eating lol. But food itself is a passion for me. I always told my self I wanted to go to culinary school but a baby at 18 to support and then more weight gain then my PCOS returned with a vengeance. baby number 2 came and it never happened. So my love of cooking is now focused on my 2 children and boyfriend and the togetherness it brings my family! I want so badly to escape this tomb of a body I'm in.... Why is this so hard?! I know I will with out a doubt have this surgery granted I full fill all requirements and insurance allows. I just wish my brain would get on board with my heart

I'm so excited and scared and irritated all at the same time. I know this is the best/last choice for me but I'm so scared at how much I'm letting my LOVE for food affect my judgement! I wouldn't say I am an emotional eater although I am getting emotional about eating lol. But food itself is a passion for me. I always told my self I wanted to go to culinary school but a baby at 18 to support and then more weight gain then my PCOS returned with a vengeance. baby number 2 came and it never happened. So my love of cooking is now focused on my 2 children and boyfriend and the togetherness it brings my family! I want so badly to escape this tomb of a body I'm in.... Why is this so hard?! I know I will with out a doubt have this surgery granted I full fill all requirements and insurance allows. I just wish my brain would get on board with my heart

I know exactly what you're talking about. My passion and goal was to become a chef. Senior year in high school my grandmother fell ill and I chose (and don't regret) staying local to be with her. Life took different turns than I thought it would and took me away from culinary professionally. I love food. Good is everywhere and seems to be involved with everything we do. dinner with friends, parties, cookouts...it's the focus of everything. I'm only 5 weeks out but I view food differently than before. I was so worried about missing out of being with people and doing things that I too was like should I do this and how will it be after? I eat to live now vs living to eat. I am able to cook now and it's fun finding different healthier ways to cook things I love. Yes it's changes but you can choose to make this change a positive one and embrace it. Don't let your love for food stop you from having the surgery units what you want. You can still love food, just in a different way.

I know exactly what you're talking about. My passion and goal was to become a chef. Senior year in high school my grandmother fell ill and I chose (and don't regret) staying local to be with her. Life took different turns than I thought it would and took me away from culinary professionally. I love food. Good is everywhere and seems to be involved with everything we do. dinner with friends' date=' parties, cookouts...it's the focus of everything. I'm only 5 weeks out but I view food differently than before. I was so worried about missing out of being with people and doing things that I too was like should I do this and how will it be after? I eat to live now vs living to eat. I am able to cook now and it's fun finding different healthier ways to cook things I love. Yes it's changes but you can choose to make this change a positive one and embrace it. Don't let your love for food stop you from having the surgery units what you want. You can still love food, just in a different way.[/quote']

Very well said ! My Drs office puts on the bottom of all your paperwork "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels " and "remember the last bite tastes the same as the first"

Very well said ! My Drs office puts on the bottom of all your paperwork "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels " and "remember the last bite tastes the same as the first"

I'm going to print this out and hang it on my fridge! Thanks :-)

I'm going to print this out and hang it on my fridge! Thanks :-)

:) i recite it in my head all the time and im not even eating foods yet lol but im just trying to make sure i don't forget it ! Its so true and sounds like.common sense but i was always one that wasnt satisfied until i over ate :(